Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Artanthos

Old June 6th, 2013, 01:37 PM
There was a FAQ & developer clarification a few minutes ago calling out rogues with the minor magic talent as eligible for arcane strike.

Clarification
Artanthos is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old June 6th, 2013, 01:42 PM
Yea I sort of groaned when I read the FAQ that started the whole thread. As I can already think of many feats especially 3PP feats that will need to be fixed to have this work. Especially feats from SGG that are based around spells like the 7 Fireball feats. Sigh....

Quote:
Originally Posted by FAQ
Spell-Like Abilities, Casting, and Prerequisites: Does a creature with a spell-like ability count as being able to cast that spell for the purpose of prerequisites or requirements?
Yes.
For example, the Dimensional Agility feat (Ultimate Combat) has "ability to use the abundant step class feature or cast dimension door" as a prerequisite; a barghest has dimension door as a spell-like ability, so the barghest meets the "able to cast dimension door prerequisite for that feat.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old June 6th, 2013, 01:48 PM
If we haven't incorporated an errata, that's a bug in Hero Lab. Please use the bug reporting mechanism instead of reporting them in individual threads, where they'll quickly get lost.

Also, please note that last week, I posted this thread http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=44372 where I said we'd be dealing with the recent burst of erratas and answers as soon as we could. Given that there have been so many errrata recently, there's not really a need to bring each individual errata issue to our attention, since we'll be dealing with them as a batch.
Mathias is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Artanthos

Old December 8th, 2014, 12:03 PM
It has been almost 18 months since this issue was reported both on the forums and by bug reports, yet the issue remains uncorrected.

Is there an ETA for when this issue will be corrected?
Artanthos is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old December 8th, 2014, 12:48 PM
Hi Arthantos,

While we've addressed dozens of Pathfinder issues over the last few months (you can find the full list in the Pathfinder FAQ under the Help menu within Hero Lab), this one has unfortunately not yet been tackled.

Now that the year's big releases have passed, we're hoping to get some time to go through our bug list and do a "bug bash" to resolve some of these longer-standing issues. Until then, you can add the Arcane Strike feat and simply ignore the validation error it reports.

Thanks for your patience!
Colen is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old December 8th, 2014, 01:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colen View Post
Until then, you can add the Arcane Strike feat and simply ignore the validation error it reports.
Or install the Pathfinder Basic Pack and after installing add "Spell-Like Abilities Prerequisites" adjustment (Located on the "Adjust" tab under "Other Adjustments") to make yourself valid. Then you can use the new "Feat: Values" adjustment to adjust the "Value" of the Arcane Strike feat to correctly have the right "damage" bonus. Otherwise it will consider it always +1.

Boom and you are done!

Note:
You may instead wish to make this a "Permanent" adjustment in which case click on the "Personal" tab. Then at the very bottom you can add a "Permanent Adjustment" instead. This way it keeps the area with spells and other misc adjustments more clean because "Spell-Like Abilities Prerequisites" is going to be on all the time.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.

Last edited by ShadowChemosh; January 25th, 2015 at 02:08 PM.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Artanthos

Old December 10th, 2014, 04:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colen View Post
Hi Arthantos,

While we've addressed dozens of Pathfinder issues over the last few months (you can find the full list in the Pathfinder FAQ under the Help menu within Hero Lab), this one has unfortunately not yet been tackled.

Now that the year's big releases have passed, we're hoping to get some time to go through our bug list and do a "bug bash" to resolve some of these longer-standing issues. Until then, you can add the Arcane Strike feat and simply ignore the validation error it reports.

Thanks for your patience!
While I do add the feat and ignore the validation error, the feat does not scale damage correctly on characters qualifying via SLA's. I have to remember to add extra damage to each attack once they hit 5th level.

My primary reason for using Herolab is not character design, It is dynamically calculating values in combat. I tend to build characters whose numbers fluctuate a lot from round-to-round. Having to stop and remember extra numbers defeats the purpose.

This will become an even bigger issue with the current implementation of Kineticist. Herolab does not currently support Kinetic Form and the Elemental Body spells are not available under adjustments.
Artanthos is offline   #7 Reply With Quote