Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

Closed Thread

ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old July 8th, 2011, 09:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cullyn View Post
Critical information not found in data files: Source Volume 'SGGAO_OraC'
A source in HL is a type of Book or more accurately its a Thing that shows up in the Configure Your Hero window that you can click on or off. When a monster/character is saved into a .por file the list of Sources are also saved.

In this case it looks like the person who made this .por file has a source for Super Genius Games Oracle extras. So that information is saved in the .por file. This should NOT be needed by you to use the crypt of the everflame stuff.

The way to remove this message is to open the character make a very small change, put a space into the name and remove it, and then do a save again. Your Configure The Hero settings will then be saved and you won't get the message with any future opens.

The only way around this is the person making these free addons would have to have a whole separate data set that was set to "Default" sources and then do all the saves their. It could be done but its allot of extra work on the editor's part.

Hope that helps.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #111
ShadowChemosh

Old July 8th, 2011, 09:30 AM
ShadowChemosh Gaming/Adjustment Addon has been deprecated and become the new "Pathfinder Basic Pack". So if you found you way here from an old thread please download/install the "Pathfinder Basic Pack".

Hero Lab Resources:
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.

Last edited by ShadowChemosh; January 28th, 2015 at 08:25 PM. Reason: Addon deprecated.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #112
chava

Old July 8th, 2011, 09:57 AM
Try doing a file -> Save As.. on the por file after it loads and rename it slightly. That should purge the error msg. If that doesn't drop me a msg and I'll double-check.

And that was the first one I did... Now I yank all of my .user files out of my Hero Lab folder before I start working on a new module.

Last edited by chava; July 8th, 2011 at 09:59 AM. Reason: Edit: Or be ninja'd by Shadow
chava is offline   #113
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old July 8th, 2011, 10:24 AM
I don't think we advertised it much, but 3.7a added a new tool for stock portfolios - the "Prepare Portfolio for Distribution" option in the develop menu.

It'll do the following:
Reset all sources to the current defaults.
Uncheck as many paid sources as it can without affecting the character (so if this character has no content from "Elves of Golarion", it will uncheck "Elves of Golarion")
Sort the dashboard
Set the active character to whichever came first in that dashboard search
Reset the record of the last tab each character was saved on, so that it will use the default tab (Classes for most characters)

That way, you can own lots of the add-on packages, but when you're creating a stock portfolio that you intend to make available to everyone, not just those who own the same things you do, you don't have to manually uncheck everything. This will clear up the "Missing Sources" message that is reported when someone's adding a new character from a stock portfolio, unless that character makes use of something from a source the user hasn't purchased.

Unfortunately, this won't help with the error Cullyn saw - that error is reported when it encounters any record of a source it doesn't know about, even if that record says "not checked".
Mathias is online now   #114
chava

Old July 8th, 2011, 11:12 AM
Sweet info... Need to save that somewhere.
chava is offline   #115
Cullyn

Send a message via AIM to Cullyn Send a message via Yahoo to Cullyn

Old July 8th, 2011, 12:08 PM
That did the trick. Just starting to experiement with .user files and such but that fixed it all up and I don't have any error messages on loading anymore.

Thanks!
Cullyn is offline   #116
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old July 8th, 2011, 01:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chava View Post
Sweet info... Need to save that somewhere.
Help menu...Help Topics...View User Manual...Main Menu, then scroll down most of the way to the Develop menu section.

or

c:/program files (x86)/Hero Lab/readme.txt, and find the 3.7a release notes
Mathias is online now   #117
IconoclasticScream

Old July 8th, 2011, 02:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
Hello All,

New Updates.

Latest Updates July 8, 2011
Hey ShadowChemosh... I just tried adding the file to HL, and apparently it's causing some conflict with the file I got for the Dragonrider class from Super Genius Games. When I try loading the Pathfinder HL I get an error message that reads:

"The data files could not be loaded due to errors. Hero Lab will now attempt to load them in recovery mode. Once loaded, you can access the editor as normal to correct any errors.

The following errors have occurred:

File: PFRPF_SGG_Dragonrider.user (line 391) - Thing - Duplicate record encountered ('pS2wAcid')"

Being utterly terrified of melting down the universe by mucking with the editor, I have no earthly idea what this means (other than the obvious), nor do I have any idea how to fix it (other than removing the .user file). Just letting you know about it, as I probably won't be the only person coming across it.
IconoclasticScream is offline   #118
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old July 8th, 2011, 02:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by IconoclasticScream View Post
Hey ShadowChemosh... I just tried adding the file to HL, and apparently it's causing some conflict with the file I got for the Dragonrider class from Super Genius Games. When I try loading the Pathfinder HL I get an error message that reads:

"The data files could not be loaded due to errors. Hero Lab will now attempt to load them in recovery mode. Once loaded, you can access the editor as normal to correct any errors.

The following errors have occurred:

File: PFRPF_SGG_Dragonrider.user (line 391) - Thing - Duplicate record encountered ('pS2wAcid')"

Being utterly terrified of melting down the universe by mucking with the editor, I have no earthly idea what this means (other than the obvious), nor do I have any idea how to fix it (other than removing the .user file). Just letting you know about it, as I probably won't be the only person coming across it.
Here's ShadowChemosh's steps for fixing that one, from another thread: http://forums.wolflair.com/showthrea...ad.php?t=13422
Mathias is online now   #119
ShadowChemosh

Old July 8th, 2011, 02:46 PM
Thanks Mathias.

@IconoclasticScream I have a new version of the Dragonrider I am sending Owen this weekend that will prevent that clash from happening. Sometimes Copy/Paste is not always one friend.

Hero Lab Resources:
ShadowChemosh is offline   #120
Closed Thread