Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Elamdri

Old October 21st, 2012, 03:17 AM
I'm trying to make a TWF that uses unarmed strikes, but every time I try to wield an Unarmed Strike in each hand, Hero Lab throws a fit and decides to take it's toys to someone else's house.

Is there any way to get the program to accept the fact that you can in fact wield an unarmed strike in each...hand?
Elamdri is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old October 21st, 2012, 11:40 AM
Just sort of wondering "how" are trying to do this as you list a very funny comment but don't list any steps for what your doing? Unarmed Strike is listed only once on a hero so how you getting the 2nd Unarmed Strike on the character? Did you make a new one in the editor or something?

The way I know works is to add my Adjustments Addon and then add the Unarmed Strike adjustment to your character. This will cause a 2nd Unarmed Strike to appear on your character and then just equip one on the main hand and one as off-hand.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Elamdri

Old October 22nd, 2012, 11:35 AM
Ok, so here is what I am doing.

Under the weapons tab, it lists "Unarmed Strike." I'm trying to check the boxes for 1st and 2nd Hand, but when I do this, it turns red and tells me there is a problem. I'm assuming this is because the program is treating Unarmed Strike as a weapon that can't be wielded in both hands, but I can't figure out how to add a second Unarmed Strike. I have your adjustment package btw, but I can't find it in there.
Elamdri is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
radionausea

Old October 26th, 2012, 03:34 AM
I raised this a few weeks ago. I don't have/didn't know of the adjustment package so didn't know that option was there.

I just made a weapon in the editor to add. Would be nice to have the option to add another unarmed strike though what with the Brawler and Unarmed fighter archetypes.
radionausea is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old October 26th, 2012, 07:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elamdri View Post
I have your adjustment package btw, but I can't find it in there.
Hmm never saw this post until today. Sorry....

Anyways after you install my adjustments addon on the "Configure Your Hero" window check mark "ShadowChemosh's Adjustments (vX.X)".

Then go to the "Adjust" tab and add a new "Other Adjustments". Look for "Weapon Unarmed Strike" and add it. Now on the weapons tab you will have two Unarmed Strikes and you can equip them for TWF like normal.

Hero Lab Resources:
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
DrCoras

Old May 19th, 2015, 09:43 PM
Sorry to resurrect an old thread.

Shadow, I also have your package and I was able to find it based on your wonderful explanation.

The problem I have is that I have the IUS feat and my second unarmed strike isn't taking IUS into account, or the increase in damage from Monk levels for the second unarmed strike. My first unarmed strike correctly shows +5 and 1d4 for the dmg die, but the second one I added shows +5(+3 for TWF) 1d2 nonlethal.

Is there an option I am missing in the Adjust tab? Or is this something I will need to add in myself with the editor?

As an explanation, the reason I am doing this is because I wanted to use my natural attack(bite) with my regular attacks, so instead of just flurry (+3/+3), I will be able to do TWF IUS (+3/+3) and bite (+0)

Thanks in advance for any help! Your package is the best! I mean the Pathfinder Adjustment package.

DrCoras
DrCoras is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old May 23rd, 2015, 08:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrCoras View Post
Sorry to resurrect an old thread.

Shadow, I also have your package and I was able to find it based on your wonderful explanation.

The problem I have is that I have the IUS feat and my second unarmed strike isn't taking IUS into account, or the increase in damage from Monk levels for the second unarmed strike. My first unarmed strike correctly shows +5 and 1d4 for the dmg die, but the second one I added shows +5(+3 for TWF) 1d2 nonlethal.

Is there an option I am missing in the Adjust tab? Or is this something I will need to add in myself with the editor?

As an explanation, the reason I am doing this is because I wanted to use my natural attack(bite) with my regular attacks, so instead of just flurry (+3/+3), I will be able to do TWF IUS (+3/+3) and bite (+0)

Thanks in advance for any help! Your package is the best! I mean the Pathfinder Adjustment package.

DrCoras
Sorry just saw this. For some reason it never flagged this as "new".

I will add this to the bug list as most likely many scripts assume only one Unarmed Strike so they don't look for a second one to update. I will see what I can do to fix this.

Hero Lab Resources:
ShadowChemosh is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old May 24th, 2015, 09:07 AM
This is fixed for this months release.

Hero Lab Resources:
ShadowChemosh is offline   #8 Reply With Quote