Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Closed Thread

ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old July 7th, 2014, 10:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
This was a pleasant surprise upon updating. Thank you for this. One very side case I found, though, is that since the concentration is not opened up for adjustments to affect it, I have had to add one to make up for my character's Meticulous drawback (which puts a -2 penalty on any skills with zero ranks). This is a very side case, so I doubt its worth specifically checking for, just thought I'd bring it up here.
No problem. After checking download logs I saw its a popular download so I figured I would update it and include it in a easier download. Plus I found a work around that does not require people to have the APG or UM package and it would still load. So that is a plus too.

I "thought" I had it set so that the "Skill Bonus" adjustment could affect the concentration value up/down. Anyways it is suppose to work so I will look into it for the next update...

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #381
Fuzzy

Old July 7th, 2014, 02:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
No problem. After checking download logs I saw its a popular download so I figured I would update it and include it in a easier download. Plus I found a work around that does not require people to have the APG or UM package and it would still load. So that is a plus too.

I "thought" I had it set so that the "Skill Bonus" adjustment could affect the concentration value up/down. Anyways it is suppose to work so I will look into it for the next update...
You misunderstood. The Skill Bonus adjustment does affect it properly. My problem is that the Meticulous drawback also affects it, because it puts a -2 penalty on all skills that have no ranks (like this concentration skill). I am actually using the Skill Bonus adjustment to compensate for this. In the previous add-on, I think it was calculating the concentration modifier after bonuses and penalties were applied, so it didn't affect it before. It is better this way, so that the adjustment will work.
Fuzzy is offline   #382
ShadowChemosh

Old July 7th, 2014, 02:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
You misunderstood. The Skill Bonus adjustment does affect it properly. My problem is that the Meticulous drawback also affects it, because it puts a -2 penalty on all skills that have no ranks (like this concentration skill). I am actually using the Skill Bonus adjustment to compensate for this. In the previous add-on, I think it was calculating the concentration modifier after bonuses and penalties were applied, so it didn't affect it before. It is better this way, so that the adjustment will work.
Oh I see now. Yea that is a strange situation. I did remove the ability score tag so things like Circlet of Persuasion would not find the Sorcerer/Oracle skills and give a bonus.

hmmm I will keep this in mind but no good way of preventing it from finding these concentration skills is coming to mind right now.

Hero Lab Resources:
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #383
stargazer_dragon

Old July 8th, 2014, 07:05 PM
So not sure if this is part of your adjustments or HL core ones or what

anyhows the flurry of blows adjustment that is supposed to apply it to a weapon won't work if you try to apply it to a unarmed strike that you add via adjustment.

So let me get into more details, first off for whatever reason unarmed strikes vanished from the Monk without any adjustments being added. Not sure why yet.

No problem we have this handy adjustment to add a unarmed strike which it does

however the damage for said strike is not adjusted by the monks class feature

Further the flurry of blows can't be applied to this unarmed strike, well rather it doesn't do anything when applied

The goal in the long run was to display two weapons, one called flurry of blows and the other called unarmed strike (or even have a in play option to turn flurry of blows on and off and adjust the unarmed strikes name accordingly.

* as a side subject would be great if power attack ect adjusted the weapon name in some way like adding a *p or something to remind players that it was on.

*another side topic, There really could use some way of editing the size of the summery windows, like for feats, weapons ect. I turn almost all of them off and it helps a little but then it just starts leaving blank space, trying to get weapons window to actually show the whole list of what it does without floating my mouse over it to get the pop up window. Course this is probably a main HL thing
stargazer_dragon is offline   #384
ShadowChemosh

Old August 30th, 2014, 09:33 AM
New ShadowChemosh Adjustments released! See THIS post for download info.

v2.10 August 30, 2014 ShadowChemosh Adjustments.
  • Added more animals for Beast Shape spell adjustment.
  • Fixes to the Beast Shape spell adjustment.
  • Natural Attacks always get damage now when in Beast Shape..
  • Remove armor/shields when we polymorph except Wild armor.
  • Added section separators in the Editor for Beast Shape setup for easier inputting.
  • Added Advance Class Guide class concentration skills (ie Bloodrager, Shaman).
  • Added "Weapon Range Increment" adjustment for changing a ranged weapons Range Increment.
  • Added "Damage Bonus, Situational" adjustment for setting situational text on to your weapons.
  • Added "Spell-Like Abilities Prerequisites" adjustment for allowing your character to meet the prerequisites of feats like "Arcane Strike".

The big announcement is the first official release of "Beast Shape" spell adjustments 1 to 4. These spell adjustments allow you select a animal to polymorph into following the rules for Beast Shape. This DOES NOT require any of the bestiary packages to use or run. This also means I am not pulling the values from Bestiary packages so you don't get access to every animal/magical beast. Currently we have 52 creatures to select from.

Each creature needs to get inputted into the editor but its very easy now. Simply open a .user file and you will find a new tab "zCommunity->Adjustment, Polymorph" which is a very easy interface for adding your own animals for Eberron or your own home campaigns. No scripting is required just point and click with mouse for setup.

If people add missing creatures be sure to email me the .user file so I can add them in for everyone to use.

Yes this is first stage of doing the different polymorph spell adjustments like Elemental Form and Plant Shape.

Hero Lab Resources:

Last edited by ShadowChemosh; August 30th, 2014 at 02:26 PM.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #385
darrell_uk

Old August 30th, 2014, 12:47 PM
Beast Shape? Thank you VERY much.

Can I assume that if I were to add my own creatures to the BeastShape .usr file, when the next update is installed it will overwrite them all?

Last edited by darrell_uk; August 30th, 2014 at 01:00 PM.
darrell_uk is offline   #386
ShadowChemosh

Old August 30th, 2014, 02:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darrell_uk View Post
Beast Shape? Thank you VERY much.

Can I assume that if I were to add my own creatures to the BeastShape .user file, when the next update is installed it will overwrite them all?
Correct. So instead make a NEW .user file to store your new creatures in. If these are from Paizo books feel free to share.

Please note I am also missing the "Breath Weapon" setup for Magical Beasts. It will be added in a future update.

Hero Lab Resources:

Last edited by ShadowChemosh; August 30th, 2014 at 02:27 PM.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #387
catman123456

Old August 30th, 2014, 10:02 PM
For your next update can you add the concentration skill for the hunter?
catman123456 is offline   #388
Diego

Old August 30th, 2014, 10:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
Currently we have 52 creatures to select from.
I have downloaded the program through the update page of Herolab (I don't know anything about developing it), but I see only 4 animals:
Antelope, Babbon, Elands, Leopard.
what I am missing?
Diego is offline   #389
ShadowChemosh

Old August 30th, 2014, 11:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diego View Post
I have downloaded the program through the update page of Herolab (I don't know anything about developing it), but I see only 4 animals:
Antelope, Babbon, Elands, Leopard.
what I am missing?
For what level? In example BS1 only shows medium and small animals. So that add BS4 and it can see all forms so would display all.

Hero Lab Resources:
ShadowChemosh is offline   #390
Closed Thread