Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

kabreras

Old April 7th, 2017, 02:45 PM
Hello,

I am looking to ass the ability to choose an hex as an arcanist exploit for the unlittered arcanist ... [Done by making a witch archetype with arcanist casting]

and i want that the patron spells for this "witch archetype" work as domain spells with auto preparation

I cant find how to manage that.

Anyone can help ?

Last edited by kabreras; April 15th, 2017 at 11:23 AM.
kabreras is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old April 7th, 2017, 04:01 PM
The easiest way to do that would be to create an archetype that modifies the Arcanist to allow access to witch hexes.

Otherwise if you looking for a script you will need to modify the custom expression for Custom Abilities to include the abCategory.? tag for hexes.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
kabreras

Old April 12th, 2017, 03:55 PM
Well i did work it the other way around by making a witch archetype that give her arcanist casting style.

One thing that i miss is that i would like that the patron spells be bonus memorized spells.

Is it possible ?
kabreras is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
DeltaMasterMind

Old April 13th, 2017, 06:29 AM
Yes, under the archetype tab in the editor where you made your new archetype you can find a selection called "Spellcaster Type". Select Memorized (Cleric).
DeltaMasterMind is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old April 13th, 2017, 07:39 AM
Keep going with your explanation, DeltaMasterMind - that step is not everything that needs to be done in order to convert the patron spells to be free things - that step will convert the spellcasting so that a witch can select from all available witch spells, like a cleric, instead of using a spellbook (the familiar), but will not change how the patron spells function.
Mathias is online now   #5 Reply With Quote
DeltaMasterMind

Old April 13th, 2017, 08:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
Keep going with your explanation, DeltaMasterMind - that step is not everything that needs to be done in order to convert the patron spells to be free things - that step will convert the spellcasting so that a witch can select from all available witch spells, like a cleric, instead of using a spellbook (the familiar), but will not change how the patron spells function.
Perhaps I am missing something here? Seems the OP just wanted to get the list with bonus spells without any other changes. If I was to make this archetype change the Witch into an Arcanist that would require a lot more work. If so then he would be better off doing it as ShadowChemosh said.

To the OP: Make sure you also have selected the "Uses which spells?" selected with Arcanist so you get that spell list as well, unfortunately you will have two spell lists; the witch's and the Arcanist's lists. Doesn't seem to be a way to disable the default class spell list, except without some script magic anyhow. You may want to consider removing the Patron unless you are allowed to use it, which can be done through remove class special (cWitFamil).

Edit: Also add -1 to Arcane Familiar at Level field box.

Last edited by DeltaMasterMind; April 13th, 2017 at 09:05 AM.
DeltaMasterMind is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
DeltaMasterMind

Old April 13th, 2017, 08:59 AM
Here is a quick file that will grant Hexes to the Arcanist. You will want to play with it some to get all the features you want working right, but this gets you started.
Attached Files
File Type: email Arcanist Hexer.user (543 Bytes, 2 views)
DeltaMasterMind is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
kabreras

Old April 13th, 2017, 12:19 PM
I want to have the spell list and mem spells like an arcanist (but still witch spel list) but also that the patron spells get automatically prepared for free.

I did manage to get arcanist casting and witch spell list without trouble

What i miss is the patron spells. They are free spells in the spellbook but they dont get auto prepared.
kabreras is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
DeltaMasterMind

Old April 13th, 2017, 12:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kabreras View Post
I want to have the spell list and mem spells like an arcanist (but still witch spel list) but also that the patron spells get automatically prepared for free.

I did manage to get arcanist casting and witch spell list without trouble

What i miss is the patron spells. They are free spells in the spellbook but they dont get auto prepared.
So basically you want both class spell lists active and available and on top of that you want the Patron spells to auto prep like domain spells usually do? Or are you still going the Witch route with Arcanist casting and want to convert your Patron Spells over to Domain style spells?

Edit: Either by setting up a script that removes the Spellbook.? tag from the patron's bootstrapped spells may do the effect you seek. I am unsure as I am too tired to test at the moment. After work I will check back on this. Otherwise do a new (copy) of the patron you wanna use and some domain and compare the tags. You should be able to gleam some ideas on what direction you wanna go with this.

Last edited by DeltaMasterMind; April 13th, 2017 at 12:46 PM.
DeltaMasterMind is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
kabreras

Old April 13th, 2017, 12:44 PM
Exactelly that ..

I want that the patron spells for this "witch archetype" work as domain spells with auto preparation
kabreras is offline   #10 Reply With Quote