Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

morval

Old February 13th, 2017, 02:32 PM
and I don't think they are supposed to.
morval is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Togainu

Old February 13th, 2017, 10:47 PM
For bug reports check here. A bug is anything you think isn't working as it should be.

Last edited by Togainu; February 14th, 2017 at 06:10 AM.
Togainu is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old February 14th, 2017, 12:11 PM
Doesn't this fall into THIS whole thread argument. That HL should not be checking such stuff and if a user adds Enlarge Person than it should apply.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Togainu

Old February 14th, 2017, 12:48 PM
No this is about 2 Enlarge bonuses stacking which shouldn't happen.
Basically the first enlarges you to large and the next to huge currently. And you shouldn't be going to huge because it is the same type of bonus.

Titan's rage

and important line of it: "This size increase lasts a number of rounds equal to your tier, and doesn’t stack with any other spell or ability that alters your size."

The difference with the other threat is we are talking about the type and subtype check. (and the several versions that exists that is mentioned by the book mentioned in that threat). And the fact there are other ways to be enlarged while not coming specifically from that spell

Last edited by Togainu; February 14th, 2017 at 01:00 PM.
Togainu is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old February 14th, 2017, 01:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Togainu View Post
No this is about 2 Enlarge bonuses stacking which shouldn't happen.
Basically the first enlarges you to large and the next to huge currently. And you shouldn't be going to huge because it is the same type of bonus.

The difference with the other threat is we are talking about the type and subtype check. (and the several versions that exists that is mentioned by the book mentioned in that threat). And the fact there are other ways to be enlarged while not coming specifically from that spell
I guess we will just disagree. Spells "checking" for rules is either all checks or no checks. I am never going to agree to some strange middle ground.

If I am applying Enlarge Person it should apply the bonuses because we trust the gamer. Or we don't trust the gamer and we check all rules and apply or not apply as the rules say.

Middle ground ideas are not solution's in my world.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Togainu

Old February 14th, 2017, 01:06 PM
Well the thing that is going on in the other threat is the debate of "enlarge person" only applying to humanoids as the spell states. But as the book that mentions the Fey stuff indicates. There is an "Enlarge Fey" version as well and that same text implies there are other version to even the extent of "Enlarge Monster" all doing the same thing. (just different type limitations to one that work on everyone) and instead of having 20 versions one without a type check would work is basically what the statement is in the other threat

That is why the thing is said in the other threat of the type check shouldn't be done. That together with items that enlarge you and other abilities that apply the same bonuses but don't have the type limit. But the same type bonuses stacking is a different story in that regard. Seeing that always applies. (either way enough about that. Cause I do know where you are coming from as well)
Togainu is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Silveras

Old February 14th, 2017, 01:06 PM
Yes and no.

Titan's Rage specifically says it does not stack with anything else that alters your size. That's what makes the stacking "wrong".

But that has nothing to do with "Enlargement Bonus" .. because there is no such type of Bonus in Pathfinder.

That being the case, ShadowChemosh's point remains... are adjustments in HeroLab supposed to be coded to recognize every possible variation of legal and illegal combinations? Or should the users be expected to check or know what is a valid combination before applying it?
Silveras is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Togainu

Old February 14th, 2017, 01:54 PM
Shadow quick question is there a place I can contact you directly on some things in regards to this?
Togainu is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
morval

Old February 17th, 2017, 12:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
Doesn't this fall into THIS whole thread argument. That HL should not be checking such stuff and if a user adds Enlarge Person than it should apply.
I didn't ever really think that Herolab wouldn't enforce most things. I realize it enforces as much as it can and there are warnings put out when it isn't able at this time to enforce something for whatever reason. I always thought the main reason I use Herolab is it does all the math and rules checks for me, at least as much as it can. Why does it bother enforcing stacking rules, or if you can choose a feat then? Of course you can't do every perceivable thing with a complex thing such as Pathfinder always, but isn't the purpose of Herolab to try and strive to enforce the rules as much as possible? I'm not complaining, just thats the main reason I use Herolab. When it doesn't enforce the rules I live with it, but with the way characters are getting more complex all the time I've got so many things I already have to enforce manually and keep track of I really like it when Herolab does it for me.
morval is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
morval

Old February 17th, 2017, 12:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silveras View Post
Yes and no.

Titan's Rage specifically says it does not stack with anything else that alters your size. That's what makes the stacking "wrong".

But that has nothing to do with "Enlargement Bonus" .. because there is no such type of Bonus in Pathfinder.

That being the case, ShadowChemosh's point remains... are adjustments in HeroLab supposed to be coded to recognize every possible variation of legal and illegal combinations? Or should the users be expected to check or know what is a valid combination before applying it?
I guess my question would be more like if it can enforce a condition then why not? Sure you don't get everything figured out, but why not strive to enforce as much as you can? Again I'm not complaining, I'm just thinking it seems strange that people can't understand why a user would want Herolab to enforce something so you can concentrate on other rules it doesn't enforce?
morval is offline   #10 Reply With Quote