Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Ambrus

Old May 16th, 2015, 11:51 PM
I've taken the adopted trait but I don't see any way of assigning the parent race (aasimar) to allow me to take the Enlightened Warrior trait from Blood of Angels. I can select the latter but it shows up in red with the error message "Agathion-Blooded Aasimar required". Any suggestions?
Ambrus is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
nullPointer

Old May 17th, 2015, 07:17 AM
You can change your bloodline for Aasimar and Tieflings if you have access to,, and have enabled for the profile, the relevant "Blood of Angels" and "Blood of Fiends" sources, respectively.

Under the "Background" tab, below "Add Alternate Racial Traits", there will be a new subsection titled "Aasimar Heritages"
It's in here you'd select "Agathion-Blooded Aasimar", which will change your attribute bonuses to CON/CHA, and change up your bonus skill-modifiers and racial spell-like abilities
nullPointer is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Ambrus

Old May 17th, 2015, 08:41 AM
My character isn't an aasimar at all; he merely has the adopted trait. As such, there is no "aasimar heritages" section under the Background tab.
Ambrus is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old May 17th, 2015, 09:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambrus View Post
My character isn't an aasimar at all; he merely has the adopted trait. As such, there is no "aasimar heritages" section under the Background tab.
This is a common misconception. The "Trait" its talking about is the "Race Trait" on the "Feats" tab NOT a Racial Trait (ie Darkvision or any Heritage) from the Background tag. A Racial Trait is specific type of "Trait" introduced in the APG.

In example THESE are Race Traits.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old May 17th, 2015, 09:15 AM
We'd really appreciate it if everyone could report bugs using our bug tracking system, which is available here: http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=24976

Bugs in forum threads get lost too easily.

That the heritage-specific aasimar, tiefling, and dhampir traits aren't available with Adopted is a known issue that's already on the to-do list.

Last edited by Mathias; May 17th, 2015 at 09:18 AM.
Mathias is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Ambrus

Old May 17th, 2015, 10:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
In example THESE are Race Traits.
Right. And the Enlightened Warrior trait I want is on that list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
We'd really appreciate it if everyone could report bugs using our bug tracking system
i get that and I do file bug reports, but it's initially hard to tell if something is truly a bug or merely something I've failed to understand about the system. Sometimes all that's needed is a heads up from someone in the know saying "go here and click that" and the issue is cleared up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
That the heritage-specific aasimar, tiefling, and dhampir traits aren't available with Adopted is a known issue that's already on the to-do list.
Just what I needed to hear. Thanks!

Last edited by Ambrus; May 17th, 2015 at 10:41 AM.
Ambrus is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
AndrewD2

Old May 17th, 2015, 10:50 AM
Just file the bug report even if you're not sure. Its easier that way. I've filed plenty that I thought were bugs and weren't.
AndrewD2 is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old May 17th, 2015, 01:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewD2 View Post
Just file the bug report even if you're not sure. Its easier that way. I've filed plenty that I thought were bugs and weren't.
They really need to change the name from "Bug Reports" to something else. Like "Support and Help" or "Support and Questions". Otherwise human nature is simply going to prevent people from reporting stuff unless they are 100% sure its a bug.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Ambrus

Old May 17th, 2015, 03:49 PM
There's also the fact that filing a bug report doesn't promise immediate help with an issue the way posting in the forum does. Here we get insight from those more familiar with the system with suggestions and possible fixes much more quickly. A bug report simply generates an automated response and a follow up note a few days later saying the problem has been added to a to-do list for attention sometime down the line. When faced with that choice, it seems a no brainier to first post in the forum and then file a bug report.
Ambrus is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
AndrewD2

Old May 17th, 2015, 06:13 PM
May seem like a no-brainer, but really it's not what they want.
AndrewD2 is offline   #10 Reply With Quote