Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

gamer940

Old November 27th, 2014, 01:18 PM
Quite some time before I finally took the plunge and purchased the program, I went through a "trial" of sorts in a game where I picked up a suit of Agile Breastplate, a pair of gauntlets and a pair of boots.

The Agile Breastplate was basically either +3 or +4 with Righteous on it, but the gauntlets and boots had their own special (and custom created by the GM) abilities. On top of this, when all three were worn together, the Armor Bonus of Full Plate was gained instead of the Armor Bonus of Breastplate.

My question is this:
How would I add this item set to a character sheet made in the generator program and have it function properly?
gamer940 is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Exmortis

Old November 28th, 2014, 03:20 AM
Full Plate and Agile breat plate cannot be worn together by the Pathfinder rules, so you would have to reprogram the rules to allow a person to wear mo0re than one set of armor.

Pathfinder stacking rules state that unles otherwise stated, like bonuses do not stack. In the case of armor bonuses, they do not stack, that is armor bonuses from different items overlap, and the highest only being in effect.
Exmortis is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
gamer940

Old November 28th, 2014, 07:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exmortis View Post
Full Plate and Agile breat plate cannot be worn together by the Pathfinder rules, so you would have to reprogram the rules to allow a person to wear mo0re than one set of armor.

Pathfinder stacking rules state that unles otherwise stated, like bonuses do not stack. In the case of armor bonuses, they do not stack, that is armor bonuses from different items overlap, and the highest only being in effect.
I believe you are misreading somehow. I think I was pretty clear that it is Agile Breastplate, but wearing the other two items of the set have the armor bonus functioning as the higher armor (it's a benefit of wearing the full set). Nowhere did I say I was trying to wear two entirely different suits of armor.
gamer940 is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Exmortis

Old November 28th, 2014, 09:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gamer940 View Post
On top of this, when all three were worn together, the Armor Bonus of Full Plate was gained instead of the Armor Bonus of Breastplate.?
Sorry If I misread, but that above statement had me thinking you were trying to wear Full Plate and Agile Breastplate.
Exmortis is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
gamer940

Old November 28th, 2014, 09:19 AM
It's basically a set of magic items, and the higher armor bonus is the 'set bonus' for wearing them all (gauntlets, boots and armor).

I just can't figure out how to get it into the program.
gamer940 is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old November 28th, 2014, 10:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gamer940 View Post
It's basically a set of magic items, and the higher armor bonus is the 'set bonus' for wearing them all (gauntlets, boots and armor).

I just can't figure out how to get it into the program.
Without scripting you can go to the "Adjust" tab and "Other Adjustments" add a new adjustment called "Armor Class Bonus". Select "Armor Bonus" and set it to be "+9" the value of Full Plate.

Or you could set the bonus to "Untyped" and set to say +3 which may work better as I "assume" that as your Breastplate becomes enhanced with magic you want your AC to keep going up?

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #6 Reply With Quote