Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Tekkmage

Old August 14th, 2010, 11:10 PM
I created a new source through the Sources button while making a new class. Several Class specials in I started getting an error "Thing invalid unique ID" I looked at the line number of my user file and it had the code for the Source. I checked my Sources list making a new character and it is no longer an option to select.
Is there some master file that holds sources?

I saw a couple other threads about sources but Im not sure it will help unles i create another source name.
http://forums.wolflair.com/showthrea...ghlight=source
http://forums.wolflair.com/showthrea...ight=parent%3D

Anyone have any insight here?
Tekkmage is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
jkthomsen9

Old August 15th, 2010, 02:40 PM
I have had a simular thing happen in the past. Try reloading hero lab. Press Ctrl R. This will sometimes reload the tables and allow the sorce to show up.

James
jkthomsen9 is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Tekkmage

Old August 15th, 2010, 02:56 PM
I tried that. I wound up just removing the tag from every object and it now compiles correctly. Sort of annoying though.
Tekkmage is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Jhalad

Old August 15th, 2010, 05:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tekkmage View Post
I tried that. I wound up just removing the tag from every object and it now compiles correctly. Sort of annoying though.
Yeah, that really doesn't work for me... I've got hundreds on items that would need to be altered. All this started when I patched the Hero Lab program to allow the upload of the new APG for Pathfinder. Now anything that isn't part of Hero Labs installs isn't showing up, including anything I made or downloaded from Cheeseweasel or the files from d20 wiki.

Is this a new bug inserted by the latest patch?
Jhalad is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Tekkmage

Old August 15th, 2010, 06:01 PM
I did it with a find and replace in the data file in notepad. I found the source tag and replaced it with "~ replaced" (no quotes obviously). Then I saved and compiled and it worked. Then I replaced it back with the original tag text, saved and recompiled agian.
I am pretty sure there is a bug there. It seems to think at some point that the menu tag is a seperate item in each instance.
Tekkmage is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Jhalad

Old August 16th, 2010, 06:42 AM
Never mind. Pretty sure I figured out why the program isn't loading the files. They're all gonna be for sale by Hero Lab next month as part of their big add-on!

When I deleted those files to remove the "corruption" issue, the rest loaded up just fine. Now if I could just figure out why most of the spells are duplicating...
Jhalad is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old August 16th, 2010, 09:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhalad View Post
Never mind. Pretty sure I figured out why the program isn't loading the files. They're all gonna be for sale by Hero Lab next month as part of their big add-on!
Is your issues the Sources problem from the files you downloaded from d20pfsrd? If so that is all fixed and you just have to re-downloaded the files again from d20pfsrd and everything will be fine. If this is related to your own .user files then you can fix them as noted HERE.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 16th, 2010, 11:14 AM
To the best of our knowledge, user-created content files should continue to work fine with the new updates, unless one of two things has occurred. First, there is the bug we introduced that conflicts with the various files available on d20pfsrd and cheeseweasel. ShadowChemosh patched around that almost immediately and has posted updated files that can be used. Second, if your custom content used ids that conflict with new ids we included in the APG package, problems will arise. You'll be given error messages about duplicate unique ids if this is the problem.

It's also possible that something else is going on here. If so, we need to understand the details better to figure it out. So please post as much info here as possible and/or send us your data files with the problem so we can investigate further.
rob is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Tekkmage

Old August 16th, 2010, 05:44 PM
I dont think that other link is the issue. i actually bought the software at Gen Con and didnt install it until the week after. I have all the updated files.
The content is my own. I only created a class and a couple of class specials.
I think the issue has to do with timing on saving and testing vs switching tabs. Things seem to get funky with similar errors if i create something and dont save it before creating another one then hitting test.
Tekkmage is offline   #9 Reply With Quote