Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Lehmann

Old March 26th, 2013, 07:13 PM
All --

My character, Crom, is an Order of the Lion Cavalier pledged to the Silver. One of the special abilities he gets is a +1 to his Knowledge(nobility) rolls per four levels if they are related to the Silver's court.

I would like to display an entry in the skills section indicating his bonus for Knowledge(The Silver's Court). It would be based on his Knowledge(nobility) and would include the Order of the Lion bonus.

In a similar vein, he gets a bonus to his Handle Animal rolls with regard to his mount. I've also earned a special from my GM such that he gets a separate +1 to Handle Animal rolls regarding this animal, regardless of what his mount is. I'd like to include that on the display.

Neither of these things are skills, precisely, since I can't buy ranks in them directly, but I'd like them to display in the same place.

I'd appreciate any help you can give, and thanks for your time.
Lehmann is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old March 26th, 2013, 09:50 PM
These would fall into the "situational" category for each of those skills. This is where for example under the text for "Acrobatics" is the Jump info.

One easy way to do this is to install my adjustments addon which has an adjustment that lets you easily add any such situational text to a skill.

You can also see the scripts by opening it in the editor so you could also use it as a starting point to building your own custom script.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Lehmann

Old March 27th, 2013, 05:52 PM
Thanks, but this isn't exactly what I want. I want to have a line in the skill listing that says "+x Knowledge(The Silver's Court)", just like a regular skill. I don't want to have to mouse over Knowledge to figure it out. Yes, I'm THAT lazy.

That said, I'm sure this is going to be very useful for other things.
Lehmann is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old March 27th, 2013, 08:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lehmann View Post
Thanks, but this isn't exactly what I want. I want to have a line in the skill listing that says "+x Knowledge(The Silver's Court)", just like a regular skill. I don't want to have to mouse over Knowledge to figure it out. Yes, I'm THAT lazy.

That said, I'm sure this is going to be very useful for other things.
Is your plan to keep making new Skills and writing custom scripts every time for every situational skill?

Basically then create a new skill. In the evail script you reference the total bonus from the other Knowledge skill and then add in your own bonus. Set that into the Skills Total amount with a very late timing. I would go like Final 30,000 or so. That way you can easily overwrite any other values.

No other way to do this but in the Editor. I think that may get crazy very quickly as Pathfinder has thousands of such situational bonuses.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #4 Reply With Quote