• Please note: In an effort to ensure that all of our users feel welcome on our forums, we’ve updated our forum rules. You can review the updated rules here: http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=5528.

If a fellow Community member is not following the forum rules, please report the post by clicking the Report button (the red yield sign on the left) located on every post. This will notify the moderators directly. If you have any questions about these new rules, please contact support@wolflair.com.

- The Lone Wolf Development Team

What changes/enhancements would you like to see?

Could we add support for Heroic Journey table rolls like the ones for Rifts? They could be treated like Edges with a separate resource pool, and a table field (like edge type).

Unfortunately, no. We can't support the Heroic Journey tables without doing a full treatment for Rifts. And, to my knowledge, that is not happening.

Okay then can we add something that handles "extra" things for SW characters? Like the Veteran O' the Weird West. There are a ton of settings that use these kind of elements. Using VotWW as an example:

A hero takes VotWW and it populates the Extra field like the Linguist Edge dose for Languages. The user sees she has one slot from the Extra filed and she sees from the Validation report that she must select it from the Vet O'WW category. She picks the Extra that fits the card her GM had her draw. Later she as now a Harrowed she counts Coup on a monster and gets an item (a monster scalp) that gives her a slot that can be used to get her ability,

It is an easy add an would be useful for many settings outside of Rifts (Deadlands, Mars, and Interface Zero comes to mind)and if we get an official Rifts the basic work is done.

Okay then can we add something that handles "extra" things for SW characters? Like the Veteran O' the Weird West. There are a ton of settings that use these kind of elements. Using VotWW as an example:

A hero takes VotWW and it populates the Extra field like the Linguist Edge dose for Languages. The user sees she has one slot from the Extra filed and she sees from the Validation report that she must select it from the Vet O'WW category. She picks the Extra that fits the card her GM had her draw. Later she as now a Harrowed she counts Coup on a monster and gets an item (a monster scalp) that gives her a slot that can be used to get her ability,

It is an easy add an would be useful for many settings outside of Rifts (Deadlands, Mars, and Interface Zero comes to mind)and if we get an official Rifts the basic work is done.

If it's easier to code to get it in I'm for this, but I would much prefer to see it added like an extra "Hindrances" tab that otherwise works exactly like Hindrances where they can be added from the Advances at no cost as a better way to include those things, like the VotWW stuff or Coup, etc., into a data file so they are selectable. Having a Custom entry there would also be very useful to implement what dartnet suggests above to just cover anything else not in a data file to at least get it noted on a sheet in a similar way.

This is definitely one of the things that's been on my wish list for a long time that I would love to see.

No, no, I don't mean list them like Hindrances, treat them like Hindrances are in the code. If I add an Edge through the Advances mechanic the character has to "pay" for it. Hindrances, OTOH, are free. They just wouldn't be called Hindrances (or Edges, for that matter, as either method would be confusing). "Extras" or "Specials" or something like that would be what they might be called, I was just thinking in terms of being able to take an existing mechanic and copying how it works wholesale with minor tweaks might accomplish adding it.

Last edited:
"Did you happen to have any luck with the whole player choose their free skill at d6 type thing?"

This is one I don't really understand. Why not just give them the extra build points and let them choose an extra Skill?

Let's just say for the sake of argument that some future pick requires the selected skill to be actually saved to the character during the character creation. As a simple example(for which I have no official setting to present!), pretend we have a race ability defined as thus:

Racial Ability(this word is the GENERIC use of the word, NOT the HeroLab scripting use of the word!)

Dwarves may choose either Knowledge (Armor Smithing), Knowledge (Arms Smithing), Knowledge (Brewing), Knowledge (Jeweler) during character creation. This skill begins at d6 with no point cost.

Edge - Racial Training (Dwarf, Seasoned):
Increase your racial Knowledge skill by one die type.

This may seem like a really stupid example, but once you start taking the the way skills are purchase when compared to the linked ability it really can make sense for stuff like this. Again, I have not seen this in any source since I really don't have or want much of the setting files, but the racial ability above exactly mirrors one in my home game and I can see created an edge just like the above but might not because of either the inability or the workarounds required in HeroLab to support it.

Would it be possible to add a "User Name" field to the Tracker component for display?

For example, Rifts has PPE and ISP for "Power Points". I'm using the trkPower for the actual value, but I'd like to display "PPE: 0 / 20" or "ISP: 0 / 20" instead of the default "Power Points: 0/20"

It seems like this would make it easier too when multiple backgrounds handling comes in....

Something else I think would be useful is adding a field for trPace to hold the running die size which could be modified based on Edges, etc.

Then, Pace could display like “Pace: 6 (Running d8)” or such...

Suggestions:

An adjustment that overrides an Edge not being a valid choice.

An adjustment that allows you to increase your languages known.

Last edited:
Is there a way to list gear items on the character sheet, underneath or indented under the container they are in, so you can see what items are stored where?

What is missing that would really be useful is a Hide.Edge / Hide.Hindrance tag and the exclusion of those on the Edges tab. This would allow users to have Edges or Hindrances that could not be seen on the normal Edges/Hindrances chooser but could be bootstrapped.

Abilities need to have an additional activation box for the InPlay tab with a User-Defined text for each (Right now, the name on the activation Is set to the Name of the Ability/Edge, etc).

The thing I'd like to see is what book various information comes from to go look it up. For example if an edge or hindrance is from the CRB, then list it as from the Savage Worlds Deluxe Rulebook, if it's from Last Sons, list it there, etc. That way it's easier for a player to go back to the source for reference

Something else I think would be useful is adding a field for trPace to hold the running die size which could be modified based on Edges, etc.

Then, Pace could display like “Pace: 6 (Running d8)” or such...

What is missing that would really be useful is a Hide.Edge / Hide.Hindrance tag and the exclusion of those on the Edges tab. This would allow users to have Edges or Hindrances that could not be seen on the normal Edges/Hindrances chooser but could be bootstrapped.

Abilities need to have an additional activation box for the InPlay tab with a User-Defined text for each (Right now, the name on the activation Is set to the Name of the Ability/Edge, etc).

Any chance of any of these appearing soon? :)

Font Size

Is it possible that you could give an option to enlarge font size. There is a lot of stuff where the font is just too small. And yes I do have a very current prescription on my glasses. :)

You may be better off doing that from your OS. For example if you use Windows 10 you can right-click on your desktop and select "Display Settings" There is an item there for "Change the size of text, apps, and other items" which may be set to 100%, change it to, say 120% and see if that helps. I've had to do that on high resolution (like 4k) monitors because not everything scales well enough on their own and that can make a big difference.

Back