Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old April 14th, 2014, 07:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alientude View Post
I love the idea of this, but I do see a bug. I have a mythic paladin using Improved and Mythic Vital Strike with a Greataxe. Normal attack damage is 1d12 + 34, but when I check Vital Strike, it shows 3d12 + 68, instead of 3d12 + 102.

I tested by adding Greater Vital Strike, and while the dice change to 4d12, the static modifier doesn't. Tested again on another character, and the static damage is not multiplying past the first time when using Mythic Vital Strike.
Opps! I somehow got it in my head that Mythic Vital strike only doubles the damage not keeps increasing as you get the Improved/Greater.

Anyways I fixed it and you can download the v1.2 from above and it should work now.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
blzbob

Old April 15th, 2014, 07:04 PM
Thanks! It works perfectly! My group will be very happy!
blzbob is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old November 16th, 2014, 02:29 AM
When "Vital Strike" is enabled, all the additional attacks are removed from the weapon's attack stat block.

The "Divine Power" spell adjustment adds one additional attack (at maximum BAB) to the list of attacks (only applies during a Full Attack action). This additional attack is not removed from the weapon stat block when "Vital Strike" is enabled (and it should be).
Farling is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
nullPointer

Old November 16th, 2014, 08:18 AM
Not sure where the disconnect is, but when using the following:
Tiefling (Oni-Spawn) w/Powerful Build
Gestalt: 10 Soulknife, 5 Fighter (2-handed fighter), 5 Barbarian (Urban Barbarian)
2h Mind Blade, which I had to use SC Adjustments to make +1-Sized (Large:4d6) but I already provided that as a bug in Ultimate Psionics
Have both Vital Strike and Devastating Strike
Vital Strike accurately adds +4d6 damage, but Devastating Strike on it is only adding +2, should be the maxed-out +6 (+2/add'l die * +4 dice = +8, +6 cap)
nullPointer is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old November 24th, 2014, 12:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alientude View Post
I love the idea of this, but I do see a bug. I have a mythic paladin using Improved and Mythic Vital Strike with a Greataxe. Normal attack damage is 1d12 + 34, but when I check Vital Strike, it shows 3d12 + 68, instead of 3d12 + 102.

I tested by adding Greater Vital Strike, and while the dice change to 4d12, the static modifier doesn't. Tested again on another character, and the static damage is not multiplying past the first time when using Mythic Vital Strike.
Thanks for the bug report. I am looking at this week. I think I misread the Devastating Strike and was adding the plus bonus depending on which feat you had not the number of "dice". Opps...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farling View Post
When "Vital Strike" is enabled, all the additional attacks are removed from the weapon's attack stat block.

The "Divine Power" spell adjustment adds one additional attack (at maximum BAB) to the list of attacks (only applies during a Full Attack action). This additional attack is not removed from the weapon stat block when "Vital Strike" is enabled (and it should be).
Thanks this will be fixed in the next release.

Hero Lab Resources:
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
SpectreMarkVI

Old November 24th, 2014, 02:56 PM
First off, love this add-on, its making my Slayer math so much easier...

Well Shadow I think you have it right with regards to Devastating Strike. With it maxing out at +6 with Greater it would make sense that you had it right. The only time that changes is when its a critical.
SpectreMarkVI is offline   #16 Reply With Quote
nullPointer

Old November 24th, 2014, 06:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectreMarkVI View Post
Well Shadow I think you have it right with regards to Devastating Strike. With it maxing out at +6 with Greater it would make sense that you had it right. The only time that changes is when its a critical.
Hoe are you seeing +6?
Just asking, I'm seeing it cap out at +2 (should be +6)
nullPointer is offline   #17 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old November 24th, 2014, 07:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nullPointer View Post
Hoe are you seeing +6?
Just asking, I'm seeing it cap out at +2 (should be +6)
I think he is saying that he read the feat the same way I did initially. That you get a "+2" bonus for Each Vital Strike feat you have. So if you VS you get +2, Improved VS get +4, and with Greater VS get +6.

Where after reading it again. Actually reading a half-dozen times I am really not sure actually. Man its easy to read that feat and think they mean +2 bonus per feat or it could be taken per dice set.

HERE is a rules post on the Piazo forums going with its per feat not dice. And a Second one where its discussed and its going with per feat as it the "number of each extra dice roll" not the flat out number of extra dice.

So looking like its not a bug at all.

Hero Lab Resources:
ShadowChemosh is offline   #18 Reply With Quote
nullPointer

Old November 24th, 2014, 07:43 PM
Those links make it a lot more clear, thanks
And yes, I agree, it's worded incredibly poorly (and makes the feat much less worthwhile unless you're a stock fighter with more feats than you know what to do with)

Should still be the other way around, IMO, since to use VS you need to drop all of your additional attacks (which at higher levels can be a lot of damage lost), but, intention of rules (especially when clarified by the writers) usually wins out (that's what errata's for)

I'll concede now... /bow
nullPointer is offline   #19 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old November 25th, 2014, 01:21 PM
This is deprecated as I have merged it into my new ShadowChemosh Gaming Addon package instead. So the links above in this thread are removed.

Hero Lab Resources:
ShadowChemosh is offline   #20 Reply With Quote