Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Closed Thread

Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old April 24th, 2013, 11:28 AM
Moschops, that is not something that a user can add, so I moved your post into the Pathfinder requested capabilities thread.
Mathias is online now   #311
AndrewD2

Old April 24th, 2013, 12:22 PM
not sure if I've posted this before but I was just thinking a #babvalue[] macro that returns child[Attack].field[tAtkBase].value would be nice
AndrewD2 is offline   #312
Ladyofdragons

Old April 25th, 2013, 04:36 AM
whoops forgot to come back and answer this. Pathfinder is where I noticed the problem.

-------------------------------------
"...You're going to backstab him with a ballista?"
Ladyofdragons is offline   #313
Nightfox

Old April 26th, 2013, 08:42 PM
I've been combing through the forums and help files, and maybe I just haven't found the right search term, but it seems to me that one really nice improvement would be on the often overlooked "Select a Game" screen. Anyone who deals with multiple games (or multiple copies of the same game) may end up wishing that they could put the games into some order of their own choosing.

It's just a thought.
Nightfox is offline   #314
Nikmal

Old April 26th, 2013, 10:32 PM
What I would love to see is a search mechanism for the stock portfolio area. It is getting to the point now that with so many creatures and NPC's it would be useful to have a search bar to go through the entire stock tab.. and even to have some kind of tree so that you can open and close certain books and or stock portfolios.
Nikmal is offline   #315
Dracones

Old April 27th, 2013, 04:11 AM
For the stock portfolios I'd just be happy if they were ran through a sort() call before displaying them in the list so they where alphabetically in order. That should be a quick change.

For searching them, now that they're zip files I could probably write something 3rd party to do that. But the problem is that ideally I'd like to parse the stocks and cache the data in sqlite since running through all the zips and parsing 4500 creatures every search is slow.

With that I think I'd be able to write something that allowed searches like:

"race:elf,class:wizard,level:>3,spellbook:magi c missile" - show all elven wizards above level 3 with magic missile in their spellbook.

"cr:5><8,special:immunity to poison,feat:improved initiative,item:amulet" - show everything between CR 5 and 8 that has improved initiative, immunity to poison and is carrying an amulet.

The data is there and parsable now in most stocks, I just wouldn't want to write an app that dumps the data into a user local sql for searching without Lone Wolf's okay on it.
Dracones is offline   #316
EdtheDM

Old April 27th, 2013, 06:22 AM
I'd like to see the Primal Dragons and Imperial Dragons entries fleshed out for HeroLab so we can pull from any of the age categories instead of the three that we currently are limited to.

Thanks,

Ed
EdtheDM is offline   #317
radionausea

Old May 2nd, 2013, 12:40 AM
I think I asked this a long time ago.

Are there any plans to add 'unarmed strike' to the list of purchasable and equipable weapons?

There are plenty of builds out there that are able to use it (Master of Many Styles Monk, any other Monk that gives up Flurry of Blows, Brawler Fighters, Brutal Pugilist Barbarians). At the minute I've had to create my own weapon called unarmed strike in order to use Two-Weapon Fighting with a Brawler Fighter but I feel it really should be just available as a selection by default.
radionausea is offline   #318
eljava

Old May 2nd, 2013, 05:58 AM
Is there an easy way to add the alchemical weapons under the weapons tab instead of as gear? I'd like to see the bonus's to throwing them, ranges etc.
eljava is offline   #319
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old May 2nd, 2013, 11:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by radionausea View Post
I think I asked this a long time ago.

Are there any plans to add 'unarmed strike' to the list of purchasable and equipable weapons?

There are plenty of builds out there that are able to use it (Master of Many Styles Monk, any other Monk that gives up Flurry of Blows, Brawler Fighters, Brutal Pugilist Barbarians). At the minute I've had to create my own weapon called unarmed strike in order to use Two-Weapon Fighting with a Brawler Fighter but I feel it really should be just available as a selection by default.
My adjustment addon has this where it adds a 2nd copy of the Unarmed Strike weapon for you. Its the exact same one as HL uses so all feats and stuff work correctly with it.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #320
Closed Thread