Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Closed Thread

mxyzplk

Old December 31st, 2013, 10:44 AM
http://www.shadowsoftware.net/herola...rd/updates.xml seems to be down and unreachable to me.
mxyzplk is offline   #591
Techno

Old December 31st, 2013, 11:02 AM
The shadowsoftware.net URL doesn't seem to be working for me either.
Techno is offline   #592
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old December 31st, 2013, 11:38 AM
It would appear the network group I use where my server is located is having issues. They are aware of the issue and network engineers are working it.

I would expect it to be back up in a few hours. Sorry nothing I can do about it for now.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #593
ShadowChemosh

Old December 31st, 2013, 12:26 PM
Update it appears from my end that servers are backup and should now be reachable.

Hero Lab Resources:
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #594
Maidhc O Casain

Old January 25th, 2014, 06:53 AM
The "Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting - Region Traits and Knowledge Local Skills" user file causes the Adopted trait to disappear from the selection list. I'd love to be able to keep the Forgotten Realms files, but I use that trait far more often than I use Forgotten Realms, and in games that don't allow Forgotten Realms sources.

It doesn't matter whether the FR sources are enabled in the Configure Hero screen - if the file is present in the data folder, the Adopted Trait is not there (even as a grayed out/not selectable option).

Any way we can get that fixed so that I can keep the FR stuff and still use the official Adopted trait that actually comes with the HL product?

Last edited by Maidhc O Casain; January 25th, 2014 at 07:02 AM.
Maidhc O Casain is offline   #595
ShadowChemosh

Old January 25th, 2014, 08:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mowgli View Post
The "Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting - Region Traits and Knowledge Local Skills" user file causes the Adopted trait to disappear from the selection list. I'd love to be able to keep the Forgotten Realms files, but I use that trait far more often than I use Forgotten Realms, and in games that don't allow Forgotten Realms sources.

It doesn't matter whether the FR sources are enabled in the Configure Hero screen - if the file is present in the data folder, the Adopted Trait is not there (even as a grayed out/not selectable option).

Any way we can get that fixed so that I can keep the FR stuff and still use the official Adopted trait that actually comes with the HL product?
It would seem RavenX replaced Adopted with the "Adopted or Raised" trait. Scripting wise it looks the same just with some additional text. The issue of course is that its linked directly to "FR" so only if FR is on will it display now.

What this should do is "Preclude" the original Adopted if FR is on and don't do a replace. This way if you turn off FR the core adopted would work again.

To do this yourself its actually pretty easy (remember caps count in HL):
1) Open the editor
2) Open the file "Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting - Region Traits and Knowledge Local Skills.user".
3) go to "General->Trait" and click on "Adopted or Raised" at the very bottom of the list.
4) On the far right side remove "trAdopted" from "Replaces Thing ID".
4a) Click on "Eval" scripts. and enter the following script after the existing code:
Code:
perform hero.assign[HasTrait.trAdopted]
perform hero.assign[Ability.trAdopted]
perform hero.assign[HasAbility.trAdopted]
4b) Press OK and then "Save" to save the changes to this script.
5) go to "General->*Preclude".
6) Click New Blank
7) For "Thing Unique ID" type in "trAdopted".
8) For "Source ID" type in "FRCS".
9) Save and then close down HL and restart.

Now when you turn on FR source you get the FR "Adopted or Raised" trait but when you turn off FR source you get the core "Adopted" trait.

I made the change for the next time this is released.

Hero Lab Resources:

Last edited by ShadowChemosh; January 26th, 2014 at 12:02 AM.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #596
Maidhc O Casain

Old January 25th, 2014, 12:05 PM
Excellent! Got my copy fixed, so it'll work until your next update. Thanks, Shadow.
Maidhc O Casain is offline   #597
jbearwillis

Old January 25th, 2014, 12:26 PM
No ShadowChemosh, I am the one that made the regions file for Raven, I know now not to do that, but the problem I had in the first place was that I couls not get my trait to work correctly with out doing a replace. If I just precluded it and had it show up as the trait when the FF file was checked - it wouldn't do what the adopted trait did. At the time when I did it - I wasn't well verse in scripting. If you can't figure why it wasn't working that would be great. I just couldn't get it to work right without replacing it.

Jbear
jbearwillis is offline   #598
RavenX

Old January 25th, 2014, 09:10 PM
First off, Chemosh, don't go accusing me of things I didn't do. You have it in your release notes as to who contributed what to the data. I don't appreciate being called a liar by you and your cronies on the forum boards over what was a simple misunderstanding that got nasty & a bit heated, I won't have you doing it again. I apologized to you privately, you blew me off when I tried to talk to you again, so too bad, so sad, sorry for your luck. Check your release notes, you can see clearly who contributed what to the data. This was a group effort.

Second off, to anyone using the data, I apologize that the datafiles are not up to snuff completely, they are a work in progress and have been released for you to use as-is. I haven't gotten around to fixing the data due to life getting in the way and more important things popping up. Many people have contributed parts to the datafiles, but it simply too time consuming for me to double check every piece of data someone else adds at this time. I have a lot on my plate right now and not enough time to do everything. The Forgotten Realms files will be fixed when I have a chance to sit down and do the work on them. My first priority will be data completion, as it stands, the Core Rulebook isn't finished yet. I appreciate people taking notes and reporting bugs, but at this time I have nothing in place for bug reporting as I haven't even tested every piece of data personally yet. Unlike some of the Pathfinder data that has pdfs which can be copied and pasted, I have to input every item's description the old fashioned way, typing, direct from my hard copies of the books. This means having to reread things as I go and make sure everything gets typed in correctly. And this isn't even accounting for scripts. This is a time consuming process and one of the reasons I haven't released the next set of data yet. With the way things stand, you should expect no more than a single release of new data from me per year. I wish I had 36 hours a day to do things and could devote more time to the data, but I simply don't have it. I have other things going on that take priority over tertiary data projects such as this.

Finally, What jbearwillis implemented in the FR datafiles was fine with me at the time because it was a massive project to be tackled and I needed assistance. He provided it and spent quite a bit of time on the data. I haven't gone through and fixed everything he did yet. Some things can be simplified, but again, time is required, and I don't have time for it right now.

My priorities are Day job, Editing my novel, Friends, Family, and then everything else. The data I provide for FR is in the last category. If I have time to work on, I do. But it isn't my first priority and never will be. As a side note, the reason I started this data was because I needed it. As such, some things were implemented in a quick and dirty way at times. I am one person working on this by myself for the most part, once in a while someone will pop up and ask if they can help, I'll give them something to work on and be lucky to hear from them for weeks. This data is time consuming to create, I am not Lone Wolf Development, I don't have a team of professional coders helping me. I am one person with a few amateur scripters helping me. If anyone has questions regarding the future data releases, there is a thread in this forum specifically dedicated to that.

http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=46027

I will handle data file inquiries through this thread only. What I have planned for the next release is posted here in the second post and is updated as I get new data implemented. I personally test the data I create as I go, but I cannot say that data contributed by 3rd party contributors has been fully tested before implementation. I've made a number of fixes since the last release which are discussed here.

Sorry if it isn't good enough for everyone, but as I said, the data is provided on an as-is basis.

Official Bug Reporting Thread for Forgotten Realms: http://forums.wolflair.com/showthrea...639#post174639 For future reference, if you find bugs in the Forgotten Realms data, please post them in the thread I've created for this purpose. I will not be going through ShadowChemosh's threads here looking for postings of bug reports. I want to keep the FR Bugs in one place for ease of repair purposes. Thank you.

RavenX Pronouns: She/Her

Please do not PM me to inquire about datafiles I coded "for personal use" such as Exalted, World of Darkness, AD&D, or Warhammer 40K Roleplaying. I appreciate your interest, but I do not own the Intellectual Property rights to these game systems. Nor do I have permission from any of the Publishers to distribute the data files. As such, I cannot distribute the work I have done with community on these files. They are "for personal use" only. Thank you.

I am far too busy these days to answer emails. If you message me here there is no guarantee I will get back to you at all.

Last edited by RavenX; January 25th, 2014 at 09:30 PM.
RavenX is offline   #599
ShadowChemosh

Old January 25th, 2014, 11:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbearwillis View Post
No ShadowChemosh, I am the one that made the regions file for Raven, I know now not to do that, but the problem I had in the first place was that I couls not get my trait to work correctly with out doing a replace. If I just precluded it and had it show up as the trait when the FF file was checked - it wouldn't do what the adopted trait did. At the time when I did it - I wasn't well verse in scripting. If you can't figure why it wasn't working that would be great. I just couldn't get it to work right without replacing it.

Jbear
So what's different about the FR adopted trait that requires a new version at all?

Anyways I will take a look but the scripts look like they should work. So I looked into the scripts and found its something in the background that is hard-coded to look for the adopted trait. So what I did was simply trick it into thinking the CORE adopted trait was active by assigning all the correct tags to the hero. This way the background script thinks the CORE Adopted trait is present but we don't have to do the "Replace" thing id.

So I updated the post above with one extra step to fix the issue.

Hero Lab Resources:

Last edited by ShadowChemosh; January 26th, 2014 at 12:00 AM.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #600
Closed Thread