Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

RavenX
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old October 1st, 2013, 06:25 PM
This is the official thread for Forgotten Realms conversion requests and discussion of books to be done. These data files are NOT compatible with the 3.5 OGL data files and cannot be used with the older data files due to differences in file structure. These data files are for use exclusively with Pathfinder only. I have put a lot of work into making the Forgotten Realms files here match the Pathfinder ruleset. Changes have been made to the original data to fit the conversion to the new rules used in Pathfinder. If you try to forcefully load these files in the 3.5 data set you will get a lot of errors as it was not meant to be used by that system.

Note on Prestige Classes: I do not particularly enjoy adding Prestige Classes to the data. They're very time intensive and are usually my lowest priority when adding data as my players rarely, if ever, play these optional classes.

Races, New Skills, and Feats I usually try to add to the data as these tend to be quick coding and can be done in a reasonable period of time.

Equipment, Spells, and other options I add afterward. Racial weapons and armor are usually done with the races so I can get them working correctly.

Prestige Classes get least priority under the rest of the data. My experience has shown me players are more likely to use Races, Feats, Spells and Equipment more often than Prestige Classes so I don't rush into coding these things.

Also, I'd like to point out that I don't have access to every book in the Forgotten Realms line. I will only add data from books I have access to, either on pdf or hard copy. If I lack both of those options, the data is a no-go for adding.

I am not guaranteeing I will be able to do everything requested here, but this will make things easier for me to see what the community would like to see in future updates.

Bug Reporting While this is not an official bug reporting thread, I'd appreciate if bug reports for this data were posted here. You don't have to cross post over on the pfsrd thread for bugs on data I work on. I don't check the threads there for bugs, so any bugs reported in there will not be fixed by me. If you spot something that's causing an issue or isn't working correctly, just post it here: http://forums.wolflair.com/showthrea...639#post174639 Bugs will not always be fixed in the order reported or as soon as they are reported. It may take a few weeks or months before I get reported bugs fixed.

Data Entry Assistance: I am looking for helpers to get some of the FR data files done with me. This is a big project to tackle and still has a lot of data entry to be finished up. Over the coming updates I'd like to get the FRCS finished up. My plan is to get the data from that book finished and compiled into one tome instead of smaller files. Once all the data is done I will empty out the old data files and combine them into one for the FRCS. If you have the time to do data entry, PM me and we can discuss what needs to be knocked out still.

RavenX Pronouns: She/Her

Please do not PM me to inquire about datafiles I coded "for personal use" such as Exalted, World of Darkness, AD&D, or Warhammer 40K Roleplaying. I appreciate your interest, but I do not own the Intellectual Property rights to these game systems. Nor do I have permission from any of the Publishers to distribute the data files. As such, I cannot distribute the work I have done with community on these files. They are "for personal use" only. Thank you.

I am far too busy these days to answer emails. If you message me here there is no guarantee I will get back to you at all.

Last edited by RavenX; December 2nd, 2014 at 04:17 PM.
RavenX is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
RavenX

Old October 1st, 2013, 07:10 PM
Forgotten Realms Version 2.3 Status Report The information contained here shows the status and evolution of the next version of the Forgotten Realms data. I am currently working on implementing things at this time to add to the next update. This will show you what to expect from the next iteration of the data files once its done. I am currently adding new data into the files when I have spare time to do so. Right now I am going to focus on finalizing the FRCS materials as I go along.

Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting
The following updates are for the FRCS files covering the core setting.
  • Preclusion Changes: Due to requests I have created a set of new sources at the bottom of the FR configuration for "Forgotten Realms Optional Rules". I have set the preclusion for pathfinder races and deities to their own check box under these optional rules. If you want to keep the pathfinder deities and races in your realms, you can now do so, but this comes with a small price. If you are using the original races, you will not have access to the Forgotten Realms regional traits. This is because the regional traits were originally coded with the realms races in mind. If you try to use these traits on a normal race Hero Lab will throw an error message on your character for it. I have no intention of including a fix for this in the data at this time. If you use a normal elf from Pathfinder you will just have to deal with the validation error message for taking traits. These files were coded with the mindset Forgotten Realms players would be creating characters with the races from Faerun, not the Pathfinder campaign setting.
  • Language Adjustments: I plan on changing the uniqueids of all languages for Forgotten Realms from lwhatever to lFRwhateve in the coming weeks. This will be a slow process due to the way languages work in the data set. There are a lot of data files to go through and fix. What does this mean for the end user? Once the update is released containing the language fix, you will get errors saying "language 'whatever' has been Orphaned." when loading old portfolios. I wish this could be avoided but I have to make this change to ensure compatibility with 3rd party updates released by others. This is going to take time to implement and will not be a fast process. I appreciate your patience and understanding in this. Before updating, make a backup of any sheets you wish to restore to their previous glory, as these Orphaning errors are unavoidable once you update. Save as PDFs or Print out your characters if you have to. In addition to the adjustments, I am adding an FR Languages header and sorting tags for Forgotten Realms languages, the FR lingos shall appear under this header once the update is released.

Deities and Spells
  • Continued addition of missing domain spells and abilities (planned)

Forgotten Realms: Shining South
  • Thri-Kreen: Psionic Abilities (ART) now correctly adds the bonus psionic power point to the character when selected. Bug fix: +1 to effective level when this ART is applied was not displaying correctly on the Classes tab, changed the phase and priority to get this working correctly. Psionic Abilities were originally done as spell-like abilities, these have been moved to the psionic tab as psi-like abilities now and are displayed under the psionic powers.

Bug Fixes
  • Smokepowder: This item was overriding the black powder for firearms rather than precluding it. I have fixed this problem. Selecting the FRCS now precludes the black powder ammunition for firearms and enables the smokepowder item.

================================================== =======
Unique ID conflicts and resolution
This has started to become an issue with some of the data files. 3rd party product sometimes uses a unique id that I had already used. My plans are to fix the data files as this comes up. I am adding an FR into the ids to distinguish them from other data sets. Ravenloft will get RV added to the id and Dark Sun will have DS in the names. This may take me some time to get the unique ids fixed. I don't anticipate it being done quickly. If a conflict occurs, please report it in the appropriate bug reporting thread for the system and I will get it added to my to-do list when time permits.

4e Material Conversion Plans
Some of the data from 4e will eventually be converted into the data files. A separate section on the configuration screen will allow you to access these abilities. Currently I am in the process of converting data that I feel would work well in a Forgotten Realms game. Here is the current plan for conversion work. These new options will be made available in a future update.

Spellscars and Powers
The Spellscarred concept is one that my players and I like, as it brings a little new depth to the realms that wasn't present before. To keep the spellscars as versatile as possible without requiring a new character class we are going to convert the spell scar powers that make sense into feats that players can take, which will allow Pathfinder equivalent powers. These converted powers make more sense as feats to us, and they will provide some versatility into how players and dungeon masters implement them.

Themes as Archetypes
Starting with the Renegade Red Wizard, some of the themes presented in the realms books will be made into archetypes after appropriate conversion has been done on class features. This will work the same as an archetype, replacing existing abilities with new ones that the theme would normally provide.

Please do not PM me to inquire about datafiles I coded "for personal use" such as Exalted, World of Darkness, AD&D, or Warhammer 40K Roleplaying. I appreciate your interest, but I do not own the Intellectual Property rights to these game systems. Nor do I have permission from any of the Publishers to distribute the data files. As such, I cannot distribute the work I have done with community on these files. They are "for personal use" only. Thank you.

I am far too busy these days to answer emails. If you message me here there is no guarantee I will get back to you at all.

Last edited by RavenX; January 5th, 2015 at 11:12 AM.
RavenX is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
RavenX

Old October 3rd, 2013, 04:38 AM
I might release what I've done for Ravenloft and Frostburn as well this time around. Frostburn is just spells currently but I plan on expanding that data as well.

RavenX is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Frodie

Old October 3rd, 2013, 08:04 AM
Ravenloft would be very cool, BTW thank you for all the hard work dude.
Frodie is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
RavenX

Old October 3rd, 2013, 08:19 AM
Ravenloft wasn't too difficult to add. The Players Handbook for the 3.5 update is mostly done in my data. I have a few prestige options to wrap up but that's pretty much it.

RavenX is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Chemlak

Old October 3rd, 2013, 11:53 PM
Half-drow is the biggie for me - since my long-running FR campaign is getting close to the point where the next generation of characters is due to become available, and I know that one of them is a half-drow. I'd almost reached the point where I was going to do it myself, but since you're far more skilled with the editor than I am, Raven, I'm pretty darn happy that you're implementing it.
Chemlak is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
RavenX

Old October 4th, 2013, 12:40 AM
It's already in the next update. Half-drow will be in the coming FR data. I've got a good chunk of data crunched out for Races of Faerun and am currently working through the appendix data. I'm on feats right now. I may get this book mostly implemented (without prestige classes) for the next release. The data is coming along nicely.

I am editing the second post on this thread as I add new content, so keep checking there for update information. It will say what I've implemented as I crank through it.

RavenX is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Anastrianna

Old October 4th, 2013, 08:30 PM
As far as books go, I have virtually every Forgotten Realms book in pdf format. My players and I have either purchased or scanned our own physical copies so we could have a central database of books everyone could access. If you need a book, just let me know.
Anastrianna is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
RavenX

Old October 4th, 2013, 09:45 PM
Thank you. I just may need to ask you once I get through what I've already got. Races of Faerun is the current major book to be implemented next.

RavenX is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
radionausea

Old October 5th, 2013, 02:01 AM
I don't know if it's already been implemented or not but having the Forgotten Realms deities not show up in the list of selectable deities if the FR dataset isn't enabled would be wonderful, there's just so many of them!
radionausea is offline   #10 Reply With Quote