Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Closed Thread

ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old October 6th, 2012, 08:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pholtus View Post
When I apply Mithral Agile Breastplate, it still reduces the Climb check by one. Regular Agile Breastplate shows the expected 1 point reduction, but the Mithral version should have no impact on the wearer's climb skill.
I am not 100% sure if you saying that the penalty should NOT be reduced an additional amount due to Mithral or not. The write up actually specifically says it does get affected by MW and Mithral. The end result for Mithral or MW Agile Breasplate for the Climb skill is zero.

The more interesting part is that is NOT what HL is currently doing. The skills are correct for non-custom Agile breastplate but not for Custom Breastplate. Put a custom non-masterwork Agile Breastplate on a 1st level fighter with 10 ability scores. The Climb skill is showing -4 to climb. Should be -1.

The other problem I am seeing here is the Situational mention of Jump skill under Acrobatics only list the -4 due to speed reduction to 20ft. Is the plan to put in another situational modifier giving a +3 bonus to Jump? Just wondering how that is going to work out is all as I assume it has not been done yet.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #471
prototype00

Old October 6th, 2012, 09:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
Their are two magic fang adjustments. One does ALL attacks at +1. The other one lets you select the Natural Attack and Select the amount of bonus to give it.

Hmm I can see the confusion could be the 2nd one does not say "Greater" magic fang. The normal Magic Fang adjustment looks like it was given the ability to increase the amount of bonus.
Ah thats were it is! Thanks ever so much.

prototype00
prototype00 is offline   #472
dbeman

Old October 6th, 2012, 12:19 PM
HeroLab for Mac

If I purchase a new data package, the options from that package are not available for existing characters, but are available on new characters that I create.
dbeman is offline   #473
Chemlak

Old October 6th, 2012, 02:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbeman View Post
HeroLab for Mac

If I purchase a new data package, the options from that package are not available for existing characters, but are available on new characters that I create.
Not seen the Mac version, but I suspect that if it's formatted the same as the PC version, go into Character > Configure Hero and tick the new data packages.
Chemlak is offline   #474
Jamz

Old October 6th, 2012, 06:37 PM
Ok, I have to re-report this, 3 times now my Paladin has lost his listing for Channeling. Im not sure what does it but if I recreate him with same options and gear it stays, for how long Im not sure.

It remains on the special tab but thats it, not on the in play tab or print outs. If you need a .por file let me know.

On another issue, i had a flat footed condition stuck on after selecting prone on one character. Weird thing was it was stuck for everyone in the portfolio. Only way i was able to fix it was to export everyone to another portfolio. Not sure why that worked but it did.

Is there a way to set a condition to everyone in portfolio that im not aware of that i may have accidently done?

-Jamz

RPTools.net | MapTool Discord Invite

Download Latest MapTool Release | Download Latest TokenTool Release
Jamz is offline   #475
DorVLind

Old October 6th, 2012, 07:57 PM
I have a monk character with the Zen Archer archetype. At 5th level, the Zen Archer gets the "Ki Arrows" feature:

INDENT]At 5th level, a zen archer may spend 1 point from his ki pool as a swift action to change the damage dice of arrows he shoots to that of his unarmed strikes. This lasts until the start of his next turn. For example, a Medium zen archer’s short bow normally deals 1d6 damage; using this ability, his arrows deal 1d8 damage until the start of his next turn. [/INDENT]
This ability doesn't show up in the In Play tab with the rest of the Ki powers, and I can't find it anywhere else to activate it.

(I didn't see a mention of this on the threads.)

Thanks,
Dorothy
DorVLind is offline   #476
pholtus

Old October 7th, 2012, 02:36 PM
I'm sorry for the ambiguity. I was trying to point out that if the character is wearing Mithral Agile Breastplate there shouldn't be an armor check penalty to climb at all. The Mithral attribute should set the penalty to 0 for climb.

I hadn't tried to use Custom non-masterwork agile breastplate. I'd always compared Mithral armor to the non-custom armor. Now I know this is the source of my problem. Since the *custom* armor doesn't implement the agile breastplate bonus to climb, the Mithral attribute can't completely remove the climb penalty.

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
I am not 100% sure if you saying that the penalty should NOT be reduced an additional amount due to Mithral or not. The write up actually specifically says it does get affected by MW and Mithral. The end result for Mithral or MW Agile Breasplate for the Climb skill is zero.

The more interesting part is that is NOT what HL is currently doing. The skills are correct for non-custom Agile breastplate but not for Custom Breastplate. Put a custom non-masterwork Agile Breastplate on a 1st level fighter with 10 ability scores. The Climb skill is showing -4 to climb. Should be -1.

The other problem I am seeing here is the Situational mention of Jump skill under Acrobatics only list the -4 due to speed reduction to 20ft. Is the plan to put in another situational modifier giving a +3 bonus to Jump? Just wondering how that is going to work out is all as I assume it has not been done yet.
pholtus is offline   #477
TopCat

Old October 8th, 2012, 08:04 AM
+1 Ghost Touch arrows show an error of "Melee Weapon Required".

According to Ultimate Equipment p142, "This special ability can only be placed on melee weapons and ammunition."
TopCat is offline   #478
Aaron

Old October 8th, 2012, 08:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamz View Post
Ok, I have to re-report this, 3 times now my Paladin has lost his listing for Channeling. Im not sure what does it but if I recreate him with same options and gear it stays, for how long Im not sure.

It remains on the special tab but thats it, not on the in play tab or print outs. If you need a .por file let me know.

On another issue, i had a flat footed condition stuck on after selecting prone on one character. Weird thing was it was stuck for everyone in the portfolio. Only way i was able to fix it was to export everyone to another portfolio. Not sure why that worked but it did.

Is there a way to set a condition to everyone in portfolio that im not aware of that i may have accidently done?
A portfolio might be helpful.

I'm not aware of anything causing a condition to be stuck on. Was this the same character?
Aaron is offline   #479
Aaron

Old October 8th, 2012, 09:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mowgli View Post
Did a quick search and didn't see this one. Tengu are proficient with the Aldori Dueling Sword, and so should be able to use Weapon Finesse with them but as far as I can tell HL is not giving them this ability.
Fixed
Aaron is offline   #480
Closed Thread