Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old July 4th, 2011, 09:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broven View Post
Anyone have any ideas what that might be?
The HL 3.7a update made a HUGE number of changes to how Custom Sheets work. On the good side it adds ALLOT of new information that will make custom sheets even better. On the bad side it did break any of the old sheets.

So I am sure sebacore is working on updating his sheet to work with the 3.7a changes. Until that time the old sheet posted in this thread won't work.

The sheet I created I have updated to work with 3.7a. I think it is slowly improving with each small thing I do and learn. I am not going for a duplicate of the pathfinder sheet instead trying to make it more useful for actual game play. At least my idea of it.

Their is a sample attached to this post if anyone wants to see the latest changes. If interested in using it you can get it HERE.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Rune Giant, Samurai.pdf (117.1 KB, 147 views)

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #41 Reply With Quote
Ambush

Old July 5th, 2011, 05:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
The HL 3.7a update made a HUGE number of changes to how Custom Sheets work. On the good side it adds ALLOT of new information that will make custom sheets even better. On the bad side it did break any of the old sheets.

So I am sure sebacore is working on updating his sheet to work with the 3.7a changes. Until that time the old sheet posted in this thread won't work.

The sheet I created I have updated to work with 3.7a. I think it is slowly improving with each small thing I do and learn. I am not going for a duplicate of the pathfinder sheet instead trying to make it more useful for actual game play. At least my idea of it.

Their is a sample attached to this post if anyone wants to see the latest changes. If interested in using it you can get it HERE.
I like this sheet for a DM. Works pretty well. One suggestion would be to move the feat type (if there is one) to just after the feat name, and put it in parenthesis.
Ambush is offline   #42 Reply With Quote
Broven

Old July 5th, 2011, 07:31 AM
Ah, thanks ShadowChemosh. That makes perfect sense.

I checked out your sheet and it works fine. I love that the feats and special abilities are not only all together, but that they include complete descriptions. That would be a huge help in game. The layout in general I have mixed feelings about. It is a little spartan after all But that's really just a matter of taste/getting used to seeing it layed out this way. You said that's what you're going for anyway, so no biggie there.

A couple of things I wouldn't mind seeing though. XP would be nice, as well as a section for money. Languages also, though that isn't a big deal for my current character. Personally I wouldn't mind seeing the gear section opened up a bit as well. Currently I don't have a lot of gear (my current character is only 2nd level) but I can see it becoming difficult to find things in there. Some of those crazy ideas that come up in play are just because you notice that you happen to have a fork and 30' of twine, ya know.

Also, there are two technical issues I noticed. Both have to do with DR.
I have DR 1/-, but it displays as DR/— (EDIT: Okay, when I entered this in the post it converts it correctly... on the sheet that I created it shows up as ampersand pound-sign 151 semicolon. Something tells me now that this is a problem on my end then.) This occurs in both my DR box as well as down in the Special Abilities section.
I also have DR 2/lethal. This displays in the Land Speed field, pushing my land speed into my initiative box. The initiative is pushed over into an unlabeled box.

Anyway, I'm going to use your sheet for the feat and SA descriptions at the very least. That's going to be hugely useful. Thank you

Last edited by Broven; July 5th, 2011 at 07:34 AM.
Broven is offline   #43 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old July 5th, 2011, 12:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambush View Post
One suggestion would be to move the feat type (if there is one) to just after the feat name, and put it in parenthesis.
Thanks that is a good idea. Feat type was a new feature of 3.7a and I just put it in at the end of the feat as I was not sure what I wanted to do with it yet.

Quote:
The layout in general I have mixed feelings about. It is a little spartan after all But that's really just a matter of taste/getting used to seeing it layed out this way. You said that's what you're going for anyway, so no biggie there.
Yea some of my players said the same thing. A couple are using it and said you get use to the layout. It is different and I still learning allot of how to layout things out and how XSLT works actually. So hopefully it keeps getting better is all I can say.

Quote:
A couple of things I wouldn't mind seeing though. XP would be nice, as well as a section for money. Languages also, though that isn't a big deal for my current character.
Good ideas. I totally forgot about XP as we don't use it all in my games. But your right it is very important for others.

Quote:
Personally I wouldn't mind seeing the gear section opened up a bit as well. Currently I don't have a lot of gear (my current character is only 2nd level) but I can see it becoming difficult to find things in there.
In the works for next version. I found many magic items are listed as "Belt of Str, +6" and then another coma I put in to separate the gear and makes it very confusing. Thinking of a type of table like sebacore has actually. I am getting better at tables so hopefully next version.

Quote:
Also, there are two technical issues I noticed. Both have to do with DR.
I have DR 1/-, but it displays as DR/— (EDIT: Okay, when I entered this in the post it converts it correctly... on the sheet that I created it shows up as ampersand pound-sign 151 semicolon. Something tells me now that this is a problem on my end then.) This occurs in both my DR box as well as down in the Special Abilities section.
The 151 thing is actually a HL issue and I need to put in a report about this for them. What your seeing is with the 151 is the XML escape characters for a dash. Their are similar ones for quotes (both single and double) and the ampersand sign also. If you have HL just do a Stat block you would see the same issue with DR and why when you pasted it into your post that the HTML parser converted it for you. So they should be escaping the XML data to actual text of a dash before exporting.

Quote:
I also have DR 2/lethal. This displays in the Land Speed field, pushing my land speed into my initiative box. The initiative is pushed over into an unlabeled box.
Oh I had not tried two different DR's yet. Will fix that also. Thanks

Quote:
Anyway, I'm going to use your sheet for the feat and SA descriptions at the very least. That's going to be hugely useful. Thank you
No problem. Hopefully each release will be a little bit better. Also sebacore should have a new version soon and his is pretty slick.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #44 Reply With Quote
Broven

Old July 5th, 2011, 02:33 PM
Well, thanks for the work and for sharing it. I made an attempt at figuring out how to do it today. I think the best word for describing my results is "vomitous". ;p
Broven is offline   #45 Reply With Quote
ancient

Old July 5th, 2011, 09:51 PM
What XSLT Parser does HEROLAB use?

Sorry, found the answer in the comments in the sample file...thanks! It is using Tranformiix (the mozilla/firefox xslt parser), which isn't very powerful, but at least makes testing very easy if firefox is installed.

Last edited by ancient; July 5th, 2011 at 10:01 PM.
ancient is offline   #46 Reply With Quote
kinevon

Old July 11th, 2011, 01:24 AM
I second Dragnmoon's request for a sheet similar in output to the PFS character sheet.

Last edited by kinevon; July 11th, 2011 at 01:36 AM.
kinevon is offline   #47 Reply With Quote
thedarkelf007

Send a message via MSN to thedarkelf007 Send a message via Yahoo to thedarkelf007

Old July 11th, 2011, 03:12 PM
I would love one to have the equipment separated by what they are contained in. Unfortunately the xml does not support this, so all the equipment appears to be on the hero.
thedarkelf007 is offline   #48 Reply With Quote
Basilforth

Send a message via Yahoo to Basilforth

Old July 13th, 2011, 05:43 PM
Silly question, possibly....

But is it possible to merely edit the default layout of the Herolab sheet?
Basilforth is offline   #49 Reply With Quote
ancient

Old July 14th, 2011, 08:15 AM
No, currently not. It is not done in the same "technology" like the custom character sheets. Perhaps it will be some time in the future.
I've the same problem, I am look for a good HTML Character sheet that would be possible to transform into an xsl and then filling the values, however, there is nothing, so someone has to do a nice character sheet from scratch...which is not easy using HTML.
ancient is offline   #50 Reply With Quote