Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old April 7th, 2011, 01:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mastratton View Post
What, no comment on my posting about the problems with the Holy Vindicator?
Mathias usually posts responses to everything a few days before the next update is released. He does read everything before hand so he is aware of the post.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #71 Reply With Quote
Dontmindme

Old April 7th, 2011, 06:37 PM
A few things regarding arrow use and archers:
1) It doesn't appear that weight is being reduced when arrows get used up
2) It would be nice if feats like Point Blank Shot and Rapid Shot showed up in the special section with check boxes just like Deadly Aim uses.
Dontmindme is offline   #72 Reply With Quote
graywulfe

Old April 8th, 2011, 03:16 AM
Okay I discovered a couple of things while working up a WereRat Witch NPC for a game. One is that even in Hybrid Form It does not seem to grant the natural attack appropriate for the animal. In this case a bite attack.

The second point is that when I selected the Familiar. It did not seem to grant the Familiar any benefits from the Witch's 9 HD. Familiars are supposed to get treated as having the better of their or their master's HD.

Side Note, while I know that the HD tging does not apply to Skills Feats etc. It would be nice to include that as an optional house rule in the Configure Hero Box.
graywulfe is offline   #73 Reply With Quote
mastratton

Old April 9th, 2011, 04:37 AM
Just an additional comment to my note about the problem with the holy vindicator. I just had the same problem with adding magic levels to another character (bard/dragon disciple). I get the same errors that I did with the holy vindicator, so maybe the problem isn't in the class itself, but in the "add magic levels" routine.
mastratton is offline   #74 Reply With Quote
JMD031

Old April 10th, 2011, 08:33 AM
Irristible Dance says in HL there is no save allowed but in the PF Core book it says "Will Partial".
JMD031 is offline   #75 Reply With Quote
ultimatepunch

Old April 10th, 2011, 07:05 PM
The 'Terror (su)' is not showing up for a wizard who specializes in the phantasm school from the advanced players guide until 8th level.

The 8th level ability 'Bedeviling Aura (su)' is appearing at 1st level in place of 'terror'

thanks
ultimatepunch is offline   #76 Reply With Quote
Volaran

Old April 10th, 2011, 09:36 PM
Hi, did a cursory search and didn't see this mentioned before.

Building a Ranger (Urban Ranger) with the archery combat style. For his combat style feats, I can only choose the feats for which the ranger meets the pre-requisites (in this case, Point Blank Shot). The ranger does not need to meet the pre-requisites for his combat-style bonus feats, so it should give me the full bonus list appropriate for the ranger's level.

Thanks!

Edited to actually have that make sense

Last edited by Volaran; April 11th, 2011 at 05:57 AM.
Volaran is offline   #77 Reply With Quote
Jagyr Ebonwood

Old April 11th, 2011, 01:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
This has already been reported in this thread: http://forums.wolflair.com/showpost....2&postcount=29
Dang, I must've failed my search check the first time around. Thanks.
Jagyr Ebonwood is offline   #78 Reply With Quote
chava

Old April 11th, 2011, 06:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chava View Post
Problem with Fighter (Archer archtype)

Weapon Master (20th level ability) should increase the critical multiplier of chosen weapon (longbow in my case) to x4, but it stays x3.
Seems to be a chronic problem, as critical multiplier didn't happen on a standard 20th-level fighter who had selected 'Sword, Bastard'.

Much less important, Greater Weapon Specialization doesn't have any pre-reqs in Hero Labs.
chava is offline   #79 Reply With Quote
Sentro

Send a message via MSN to Sentro

Old April 13th, 2011, 12:25 PM
Hi, (probably the 9034884382 time one asks, but i could not find other posts related to this particular issue:

I created a half-elf / half-dragon pc
The half dragon should add a few things including the breath weapon. However, it is grayed out. Pre-requirements not met. I found in a message of 2009 that this was because of the character not having any HD (so the breath weapon automatically grayed out.)
I found this post:

http://paizo.com/paizo/messageboards...ource=search#0 as an answer to the following question:
Upon reading the description of Half-Dragons I noticed the breath weapon is dependent upon racial HD. What about humans and other races that do not have racial HD? Do these just not get a breath weapon?

Races with no racial hit die are considered to have 1 HD, because that is the minimum any creature can have

The answer:
source: James Jacobs (Creative Director), Thu, Mar 18, 2010, 10:10 PM

"Correct; a half-dragon with no racial HD would have a breath weapon that deals 1d6 points of damage. Not an awful lot, but this was a purposeful design choice because the flavor of a humanoid half-dragon isn't one that we at Paizo particularly like, and it's one that a LOT of our customers have expressed exasperation with. Primarily because back in the 3.5 days, half-dragon was probably THE most overused template of them all. We (Paizo and our readers) mostly got sick of them, causing the half-dragon to go on the LIST for the last 50 or so print issues of Dungeon. That meant that if someone put a half-dragon into an adventure, they had to have a GREAT reason and GREAT background for that half-dragon"

so are there other reasons why it isn't enabled?
and ofcourse: how do i enable it?
Sentro is offline   #80 Reply With Quote