Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Nogard666

Send a message via Yahoo to Nogard666

Old November 9th, 2014, 08:37 AM
Is there a way to access the Pathfinder files as a user file without having to build the entire system as my own user file? I would like to be able to make some changes to fit my game. I have tried to create races and such in the editor but it seems that even with the help files and forums i just can not seem to grasp it, plus it would take me an extremely long time to create a user file for the entire system when I only want to change a few things to fit my game. Possibly a future update could maybe include access to the base system as a user file?
Nogard666 is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old November 9th, 2014, 09:01 AM
If you want to add a few new races, there's no need to replace everything else. Just create the races in a file, and HL will add them to everything that's already there.
Mathias is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Nogard666

Send a message via Yahoo to Nogard666

Old November 9th, 2014, 04:30 PM
As I said, I just can not seem to grasp the intricacies of creating a new race.
Nogard666 is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Exmortis

Old November 10th, 2014, 08:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogard666 View Post
As I said, I just can not seem to grasp the intricacies of creating a new race.
I am working on this now with my game world, feel free to PM me and I can work with you offline to help, I am no master Aaron, but I have now just finished the first 13 custom races of 18 for my world.

I even have a TeamSpeak server so we can talk and work through the editor together if you also have the client.

Be happy to share what I have learned, most likely will learn more helping you.
Exmortis is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old November 10th, 2014, 01:20 PM
"master" Aaron! Please, my head is fat enough as it is.

I'd encourage you to keep at it, Nogard. Everyone has to start somewhere, and there are lots of helpful folks (like the very generous Exmortis) on the boards. I was once just as green as you, so I think just about anyone can get the hang of custom content creation if they work at it.

I don't know if you're aware of the resources to help, but there are built in tutorials in the Help menu of the editor which cover making simple things (including a race). I also gave a intro to the editor seminar at last GenCon, which was taped and posted to our youtube channel. That creates a simple race as the last example of the lecture portion.

If you run into difficulty, start a new thread. I'd say your best chance to get prompt help is to clearly explain what you are attempting to do, what you've tried, and what isn't working (you can cut and paste an error messages thrown). It'll cut down on clarifying questions from those trying to help.
Aaron is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old November 10th, 2014, 02:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
"master" Aaron! Please, my head is fat enough as it is.
Strange when I go to type "master" and the word "Aaron" together I get %&$#* Aaron instead. Very strange.

Quote:
I don't know if you're aware of the resources to help, but there are built in tutorials in the Help menu of the editor which cover making simple things (including a race). I also gave a intro to the editor seminar at last GenCon, which was taped and posted to our youtube channel. That creates a simple race as the last example of the lecture portion.
To add to this read FAQ#2 as it has all the locations to learn including the links to YouTube videos.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old November 10th, 2014, 02:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
Strange when I go to type "master" and the word "Aaron" together I get %&$#* Aaron instead. Very strange.
Why did you think I had to put mine in quotations?
Aaron is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old November 10th, 2014, 03:17 PM
Quote:
Why did you think I had to put mine in quotations?
"Master" Aaron! Hey that works!

Now I just need the emote for "Air Quotes"!

Just playing with yea Aaron. You know we all love yea!

Hero Lab Resources:
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
seansong

Send a message via AIM to seansong

Old November 10th, 2014, 04:23 PM
Hey all, new to these forums and HL in general, but enjoying it. sorry if this is in the wrong place, mod just delete or move if so. I'm checking to see if anyone has already created a user file for one of the major bloodlines in UA, (especially vampire) and if so can someone point me towards a link? never tried to create anything yet in the editor, and not confident in my skills of being able to do so.
again, sorry if this is in the wrong place. any assistance or pointing in the right direction is most appreciated.
seansong is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old November 11th, 2014, 10:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by seansong View Post
Hey all, new to these forums and HL in general, but enjoying it. sorry if this is in the wrong place, mod just delete or move if so. I'm checking to see if anyone has already created a user file for one of the major bloodlines in UA, (especially vampire) and if so can someone point me towards a link? never tried to create anything yet in the editor, and not confident in my skills of being able to do so.
again, sorry if this is in the wrong place. any assistance or pointing in the right direction is most appreciated.
Just FYI its best to start a NEW thread for new questions.

As I mentioned in the User Forum I am confused by what your asking. UA is from 3.5 and a bloodline is not the same as the mechanics used in Pathfinder. If you want to use it as a bases you would have to make up all the "rules" yourself.

Otherwise I would mention you can just use the "Undead" bloodline that is part of Pathfinder. Or use that as a bases to balance out the abilities for a Vampire Bloodline.

If you are trying to get started using the Editor I recommend reading the Glossary of Terms to get use to the wording.

Then read FAQ#2 for all the places to get help on the Editor including YouTube Videos.

Hero Lab Resources:
ShadowChemosh is offline   #10 Reply With Quote