Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

TCArknight

Old August 25th, 2013, 08:13 AM
Howdy!

I'm working on a set of Favored Class options for books other than the one I'm doing.

Is there a way to get it to appear an option to appear without bootstrapping it to the existing class or race?
TCArknight is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old August 25th, 2013, 08:21 AM
Bootstrap the FC Thing to a new Mechanic. A mechanic is always attached to every character so that will bring along the FC without the need to do a Replace Thing ID on the Race or Class.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
TCArknight

Old August 25th, 2013, 12:31 PM
Thanks! That worked.
TCArknight is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Brolthemighty

Old August 31st, 2013, 11:50 AM
I really tried to understand this post....but unfortunately I fell short. Here's my deal. I'm trying to get the Elven FC option for Magus to work with Drow. In order to accomplish this, I went in and made a Copy of the Elven Magus option, and then simply changed all the Elven to Drow, and gave it a unique ID and name. However, that didn't work. It's still not showing up.

Looking at this post, it seems I need to Boostrap....something. I looked for a Thing being Magus Arcana, or Arcana...but those don't seem to exist. Only Arcane Pool. Not sure where to go from here.
Brolthemighty is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Brolthemighty

Old August 31st, 2013, 07:19 PM
Alright, so after researching through several other threads that are dealing with Favored Class Options, this is what I've found.

1. Ensure that the FC Thing you are creating has the proper Class Available, as well as Races Available selected.

2. THEN you have to make sure that either the Race or Class has the FC Thing marked as available as well.

Here's my current conundrum....how exactly do I do #2 if neither the Race or Class are "new." I'm using a Drow Magus. How am I to edit either of those to enable the new FC Thing? Do I make a copy of it or....something?
Brolthemighty is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old September 1st, 2013, 07:48 AM
You can copy the Drow race and modify it (using replace thing ID) so that the race bootstraps the favored class option you want.

Or you can create a mechanic which bootstraps the favored class option.

Either way, the favored class option needs to be on the hero somehow before a user can pick it. I favor creating a mechanic, as replacements can conflict with other files trying to replace the same thing.
Aaron is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old September 1st, 2013, 08:36 AM
As Aaron sort of repeated what I had said originally I am going to assume more help is required.

1) On the "Fav Class Optn" tab you create/copy your new Thing. For this example will call it "fcClrDrow" for a new Cleric Option for Drow. Make sure you select the correct Class and Race using the buttons "Available to Classes..." and "Available to Races...".

2) Go to the "Mechanics" tab and do a "New (Blank)" to make a new Thing. Change its unique ID to something like "mecFavClss". Go to the "Bootstraps" button and add a new bootstrap and enter the Favored Class Thing ID from above "fcClrDrow".

3) Save and save your .user file.

4) You have to "reload" the game system to get the new mechanic to work. "Test Now!" does NOT work. So you can do this by restarting HL or go to "Develop->Enable Data File Debugging" which will now allow "CTRL-R" to work and do a quick reload of the game system.

5) Test by adding the correct race/class combo and you should now see your new option in the list.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Brolthemighty

Old September 1st, 2013, 12:00 PM
There's Mechanics tab! That completely explains it, lol. I figured when you mentioned a Mechanic that you meant a new Thing. That's great!

Thank you as always Shadow and Aaron.
Brolthemighty is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Nanan00

Old October 29th, 2013, 03:38 PM
This post should be stickied somewhere, 3 hours of trying to figure out how to do this and here it is buried 9 months down the forums.

Thank you Shadow and Aaron.
Nanan00 is offline   #9 Reply With Quote