Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

BlackTorment

Old January 30th, 2013, 01:48 AM
Greeetings Guys

I'm trying to create the Mord Sith class using Hero lab Editor.

I need help to create some class abilities.
I 'm quite sure the only way is to use scripts but I cannot write scripts unfortunately.

These are what I need:

1) Expert Healer (Ex): A Mord Sith gains a bonus to Heal checks equal to 1/2 her class level (minimum 1)

2) Mord Sith Weapons Training (Ex): Starting at 1st level, a Mord Sith gains a +1 bonus on attack and damage rolls with the following weapons: unarmed strikes, spiked etc. etc...
Every four levels thereafter (5th, 9th, 13th, and 17th), a Mord Sith becomes further trained in this group of weapons, gaining an additional +1 bonus on attack and damage rolls when using a weapon from this group.
A Mord Sith also adds this bonus to any combat maneuver checks made with weapons from this group. This bonus also applies to the Mord Sith’s Combat Maneuver Defense when defending against disarm and sunder attempts made against weapons from this group.

3) Stubborn (Ex): Mord Sith are strong willed despite their subservient role. At 1st level, a Mord Sith gains a +1 competence bonus to Will saves. At 10th level, this bonus increases to +2. At 20th level, this bonus increases to +3

4) Arcane Resistance (Su): At 2nd level, a Mord Sith gains a bonus equal to her Charisma modifier (minimum +1) on all saving throws against supernatural effects, spells and spell-like abilities.

5)Leather Armor Specialization (Ex):Mord Sith typically wear only specially made leather armor. At 2nd level, the Mord Sith becomes specialized in it. She gains a +1 bonus to armor class while wearing leather armor and may reduce the armor check penalty of leather armor and increase the maximum Dexterity bonus of leather armor by one.
Every four levels thereafter (6th, 10th, 14th, and 18th), a Mord Sith becomes further trained in her leathers. She gains an additional +1 bonus to armor class while wearing leather armor and may reduce the check penalty and increase the maximum Dexterity bonus allowed by one.
Mord Sith often own several sets of leathers, though they may not travel with all of them. When worn by a Mord Sith, these leather armors grant bonuses to some skills.
Brown leathers are the everyday armor worn by the Mord Sith. When in a suitable environment (such as a forest), they grant a +2 circumstance bonus to Stealth checks.
A Mord Sith wears her red leathers when she plans on training a creature. When wearing the red leathers, a Mord Sith gains a +2 circumstance bonus to Intimidate checks. Anyone who knows anything about Mord Sith knows to avoid them; but even more so when they wear red.
A Mord Sith wears her white leathers when she has completely broken her charge. Her white leathers grant a +2 circumstance bonus to Stealth checks in snowy conditions, though it’s unlikely she would wear them for that reason.

6)Pain Tolerance (Ex): A Mord Sith learns to both deal and endure pain. At 4th level, a Mord Sith gains damage reduction 1/-, and a +1 bonus to saving throws against pain effects and death from massive damage. The damage reduction and saving throw bonus increase by one every four levels after 4th. This damage reduction is twice as effective against subdual damage. A Mord Sith may reduce the penalty caused by holding an agiel by one per level of pain tolerance.

Thank you in Advance
BlackTorment is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Umarian

Old January 30th, 2013, 07:29 AM
I love this! I could just see Cara running around. I am curious though that there is not anything for capturing the magic wielded against her. That would be neat.
Umarian is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
BlackTorment

Old February 1st, 2013, 04:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umarian View Post
I love this! I could just see Cara running around. I am curious though that there is not anything for capturing the magic wielded against her. That would be neat.
Here it is...

Capture Magic (Su): At 10th level, a Mord Sith gains the use of her most notorious ability. A Mord Sith may ready an action to capture the magic of a foe. If she readies such an action and successfully saves against a spell or spell-like effect that targets her, she may attempt to capture that magic. To do so, she must succeed on an additional Will save (DC = spell's DC). If she succeeds, she negates the entire spell effect and may use the captured magic to inflict pain upon the spell's caster. Should she choose to exercise her control, the subject takes a -4 penalty to attacks, saving throws, skill checks, ability checks, armor class, CMB and CMD. In order to act on its turn, the creature must make a Fortitude save (DC = 10 + ½ the Mord Sith's class level + her Charisma modifier). Failure means the creature falls prone and becomes nauseated with pain. Should a creature succeed on this save, it needs to succeed at a Will save (same DC) in order to use its magic each round.

At 15th level, a Mord Sith may ready an action to capture magic as a move action.

This effect lasts as long as the Mord Sith desires. Only she can release the magic, either by willing it so or by being slain.

Creatures that are immune to pain and pain effects are immune to this ability but can still have their magic negated. Magic from wands and other self-contained sources of magic can be negated but not captures.A Mord Sith cannot capture the magic of her master and may only hold the magic of one creature at a time.

Control Magic (Su): At 20th level, a Mord Sith gains insight into the nature of the magic she has captured. Whenever a Mord Sith successfully captures a creature’s magic, she may choose to exercise her control in a different way than simply inflicting pain. A Mord Sith may draw the magic out of the creature and cast it herself with a successful spellcraft check (DC 15 + double the spell's level). If this check fails, the spell is consumed without effect.
Using the creature’s statistics, the Mord Sith can use the magic as if it were hers. The slot, daily use, etc. is expended from the creature.
BlackTorment is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
chiefweasel

Old February 1st, 2013, 06:35 AM
What system is this for? Is this a prestige class you are making?

things like Arcane Resistance are situation and really cant be coded in to show some effect since you never know when the character will be effected by a SU effect. So its easy to do as it would just be text for a special class ability gained at the specified level.

Web site - Cheese Weasel Logistics - www.cheeseweasel.net
Twitter - @CheeseWeaselGMZ
For user created content check out www.d20pfsrd.com and www.cheeseweasel.net
For video demos of Hero Lab go to http://www.youtube.com/user/TheChiefweasel?blend=9&ob=5
chiefweasel is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
BlackTorment

Old February 3rd, 2013, 01:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefweasel View Post
What system is this for? Is this a prestige class you are making?

things like Arcane Resistance are situation and really cant be coded in to show some effect since you never know when the character will be effected by a SU effect. So its easy to do as it would just be text for a special class ability gained at the specified level.

No, it is a class with 20 levels. The Mord Sith is a sort of mistress with magic immunity.
It is a character from Terry Goodkind novels (The sword of truth).
In 2008 started a tv series (Legend of the seeker) based on these novels.
I agree with you about Arcane Resistence.
BlackTorment is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Umarian

Old February 4th, 2013, 08:29 AM
Most of what you have listed would be easy to do, but I would be careful. I am pretty sure that the names you are using in your descriptions, and class name, are probably copywrited and you might get in trouble.
Umarian is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
BlackTorment

Old February 6th, 2013, 03:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umarian View Post
Most of what you have listed would be easy to do, but I would be careful. I am pretty sure that the names you are using in your descriptions, and class name, are probably copywrited and you might get in trouble.
Thank you for the advise but am I breaking the law also creating the character to use only under my roof whitout sharing it ?
BlackTorment is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old February 6th, 2013, 03:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackTorment View Post
Thank you for the advise but am I breaking the law also creating the character to use only under my roof whitout sharing it ?
The answer is I am pretty sure yes you are breaking the law but would the company have any reason, especially financial, to go after you? The answer is no. Unless you starting selling it to make money it would be very doubtful the company would care that you are using it at a home game.

No different if I used a Beholder in my Pathfinder game at home.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Knightblde

Old July 5th, 2014, 07:47 AM
You are allowed to use the name of anything in your house under the "fair use" laws. You can even say your character is drinking a Coke if you want.

The second it gets out of your house, say posted on a public web forum, then you might have problems.
Knightblde is offline   #9 Reply With Quote