Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Narl

Old July 16th, 2012, 07:08 AM
I'm playing a 13th level wizard and my group does not use laptops or tablets at the table. I'd like an easy way to manage memorized spells. The ideal thing would be the old tried and true way of just having a list of all the spells in my wizard's book, and putting check marks next to the ones I memorize, and then erasing them when I cast.

I can't find a way in HL to just output a list of spells in a spellbook without including descriptions and it ending up on lots of pages.

Any suggestions?
Narl is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
AncientOne

Old July 16th, 2012, 09:07 AM
You could try this custom "sheet" from ShadowChemosh: http://shadowd20.pbworks.com/w/page/...hadowd20Spells

Edit: It does have descriptions though.
AncientOne is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old July 16th, 2012, 10:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AncientOne View Post
Edit: It does have descriptions though.
Actually it comes with two versions and one does not output the Descriptions of the spells. These sheets still need ALLOT of improvements but they do work. If nothing else you could use them as a basis to create your own custom sheet.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
gypsyxot

Old February 19th, 2013, 09:38 PM
For the record I'm looking for the same thing.
I don't want anything other than the name of the spell, sorted by level. The option of sorting by school as a secondary sort would be awesome. Mainly I want to keep track of my spell book for PF Society Play.

The problem with the current option is that it's too nice, and has too many details. Looking for a very simple list. Next step would be counting pages in the spell book. Hero Lab doesn't seem to have any concept of that currently.
gypsyxot is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old February 19th, 2013, 09:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsyxot View Post
The problem with the current option is that it's too nice, and has too many details. Looking for a very simple list.
If you downloaded the above you have the XSLT code so you could try modifying it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsyxot View Post
Next step would be counting pages in the spell book. Hero Lab doesn't seem to have any concept of that currently.
Try my PFRPG_ShadowChemosh_Spellbook.user addon as it adds several different Spellbooks that do a bunch of calculations like page count and cost for you. After installing and restarting go to the "Gear" tab and add these new "Spellbooks" to your character...

Hero Lab Resources:
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
hangarflying

Old February 23rd, 2013, 08:59 PM
Deleted Message...I'm working on a new one!

Last edited by hangarflying; February 23rd, 2013 at 09:27 PM.
hangarflying is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
hangarflying

Old February 24th, 2013, 12:16 AM
Shadow,

I'm tweaking your spellbook script and noticed that when I have "Spellbooks" in the gear, the weight of the spellbook(s) is always included in the hero's encumbrance, even if the spellbook(s) are dropped to the ground.

Quote:
herofield[tEncum].value += field[gWeight].value
I think this part of the script is fixing the weight to the hero, regardless of what container is selected. I'm having a heck of a time figuring out how to get it to work, and my eyes are starting to go cross...any suggestions?

Thanks.
hangarflying is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old February 24th, 2013, 07:31 AM
Yea I tried fixing that bug a year ago and gave up myself. The timing to figure out when your NOT on the hero or something was too late to adjust the weight back off.

So yea its a known issue right now that I can not get the weight to come back off the hero. Should have put a note in the Thing to mention that. My bad.

May have to go some alternate method like a manual check that you can do to say don't add it's weight. So you could put a "Activate" ability on the gear item and when checked don't run that part of the script. Only thing I can think of to stop it right now.

Hero Lab Resources:
ShadowChemosh is offline   #8 Reply With Quote