Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > Hero Lab Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Patrakis

Old May 12th, 2012, 06:39 AM
Hi,

First, i've already sent 3 e-mails to technical support over the last month and got no response. That's why i switched to the forum to get help.

So, For a reason i can't explain, it seems i can't purchase data packages anymore from the pruchase data package in the license menu.

When i try, i enter my license and password and the program tries to access the lonewolfdeve.com site and it hangs there. I finally get the message that it can't connect to the site.

I have pretty much everything for pathfinder and i have always used that method before. Can you shed some light on my problem? What could have changed last month that would create this situation?

Any help would be appreciated, since i can't get it through tech support. It might be a spam blocker thing, i don't know.

Thanks

Pat
Patrakis is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
chiefweasel

Old May 14th, 2012, 04:26 AM
There should be a few things you can try. First make sure the cookies are not blocked for the LW site.

barring any of that, you should be able to purchase packages thruogh the website by launching a browser and accessing it that way. then when you start up HL it will grab the new packages and load them into your system.

Hve you tried those yet?

Web site - Cheese Weasel Logistics - www.cheeseweasel.net
Twitter - @CheeseWeaselGMZ
For user created content check out www.d20pfsrd.com and www.cheeseweasel.net
For video demos of Hero Lab go to http://www.youtube.com/user/TheChiefweasel?blend=9&ob=5
chiefweasel is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Patrakis

Old May 14th, 2012, 03:11 PM
Hello and thanks for the reply.

I've tried pretty much everything. Remove any security their could be, remove my firewall, remove my Kapersky protection, nothing. I can't get in the section for buying packages.

I can go in the store on the site and buy a new HL. But i can't get access to the packages section via the site either.

Could my key be corrupted?

Pat
Patrakis is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
chiefweasel

Old May 15th, 2012, 04:10 AM
Are you getting an error when you try too< or is it that you just cant see the pages? or the shopping cart fails?

A few details would help pinpoint the problem.

Web site - Cheese Weasel Logistics - www.cheeseweasel.net
Twitter - @CheeseWeaselGMZ
For user created content check out www.d20pfsrd.com and www.cheeseweasel.net
For video demos of Hero Lab go to http://www.youtube.com/user/TheChiefweasel?blend=9&ob=5
chiefweasel is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old May 15th, 2012, 12:19 PM
Patrakis, please email me at colen@wolflair.com with the dates you emailed support previously, and we'll take a look at things. Sorry for the delay.
Colen is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Patrakis

Old May 15th, 2012, 07:59 PM
It must be my computer cause i tried on another one in the house and i was able to access the site.

You can close this thread. I'll try to figure out what wrong with my connection.

THanks

PAt
Patrakis is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old May 17th, 2012, 12:41 PM
Were you using Internet Explorer on both computers? The problem seems to revolve around using IE, so if you were using IE on both computers in the same house and one worked, that'd be a very interesting development. Please let me know.

Edit: Also, can you please email me at colen@wolflair.com from the address you used to email tech support? I'd like to investigate what happened with our replies to you.

Last edited by Colen; May 17th, 2012 at 02:02 PM.
Colen is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old May 17th, 2012, 12:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colen View Post
Were you using Internet Explorer on both computers? The problem seems to revolve around using IE,
What Exploder has issues with a website. Say it ain't so. Of course what do you expect from a browser called Internet Exploder!

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old May 18th, 2012, 11:06 AM
Yeah, the weird thing is we can't figure out why. I've checked the server logs for multiple people, and as far as our web server (a Microsoft web server, incidentally) is concerned, we're responding to the request without a problem. For some people, IE just doesn't display it, and doesn't give an error message beyond "The web page could not be displayed". Other web browsers seem to work fine.
Colen is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Patrakis

Old May 20th, 2012, 06:26 PM
I'm using IE on both computers yes. I sent you the file you asked.

Thanks for helping.

Pat
Patrakis is offline   #10 Reply With Quote