Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > Hero Lab Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old April 8th, 2013, 09:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlowerPower View Post
1- How to manage sneak attack damage (i am a rogue/knife master) ?
You can use one of my Adjustments Addon to do this currently and I have a future adjustment that will do it automatically. And luckily I have the addon now stored as a .hl file so it will import just fine to the app.

You can add the adjustment "Weapon: Custom Text" to your character on your desktop or inside of the app. Then in the (source) section you can type in say "SA +5d6" and that will get appended to the desc of what ever weapon you want. This way the info will be right their with your weapon.

Just tried this and it worked perfect.
Image1.jpg

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #31 Reply With Quote
mirtos

Old April 8th, 2013, 09:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colen View Post
iOS 6 has some really nice stuff (like the UICollectionView) that would be awesome to use, and just supporting version 6 makes it easier for us to make sure everything works correctly, rather than having to retest everything on iOS 5 as well.

We're not ruling out supporting iOS 5 in the future, but starting off with 6 makes things easier for us in a lot of ways.

good to know. ok, so it supports .hl files, but requires ios 6.1. now just have to decide. probably test on the wife's ipad first
mirtos is offline   #32 Reply With Quote
Dragnmoon

Old April 8th, 2013, 09:03 PM
How do I get to .hl file from drop box to the app?
Dragnmoon is offline   #33 Reply With Quote
dragonladytoo

Old April 8th, 2013, 11:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colen View Post
This is incorrect. The current "play sheet" version of Hero Lab is free on the iPad, and doesn't use one of your Hero Lab licenses. Anyone can use it, as long as they have characters that were created using Hero Lab on their desktop or laptop.

Hope this helps!
I don't believe you understood my statement.

I understand that as long as the iPad app is only a player that it will be free.
But the newsletter seemed to indicate that when you guys finally get the iPad app to work in edit mode, and players can truely edit their character then the app will require one of your license keys to activate that ability.

Glad your excited by the launch Colin ,but please read the post .
dragonladytoo is offline   #34 Reply With Quote
Dragnmoon

Old April 8th, 2013, 11:33 PM
Never mind I figured it out.

You can open it in the HeroLabs app and install it from the Dropbox App.
Dragnmoon is offline   #35 Reply With Quote
Dragnmoon

Old April 8th, 2013, 11:40 PM
I might have missed it, but can changes made on the iPad character be exported back to HeroLabs on my PC? For example if I use charges on my Wand can I export that to my PC to take in account the uses of those charges?
Dragnmoon is offline   #36 Reply With Quote
wurzel

Old April 8th, 2013, 11:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragnmoon View Post
I might have missed it, but can changes made on the iPad character be exported back to HeroLabs on my PC? For example if I use charges on my Wand can I export that to my PC to take in account the uses of those charges?
Yes - but so far only in the "old-fashioned way": write it on a piece of paper and hack it in manually after the gaming session

Someone mentioned that exports are planned for a later release iirc.
wurzel is offline   #37 Reply With Quote
GMTroll

Old April 9th, 2013, 02:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragnmoon View Post
You do this in the File Sharing pane on the Apps tab in iTunes on your PC or Mac by selecting the .por file then clicking the Save to button.

This works and changes are displayed in HL but I get a lot of warnings about
Code:
Field 'wMenuEquip ' has been orphaned for pick ...
I suggest that you rename the file when saving back and have a play around and make sure everything is working correctly before overwritting any files.
GMTroll is offline   #38 Reply With Quote
wurzel

Old April 9th, 2013, 02:48 AM
Funny. I created a .hl file using HLExport from my .user files. Trying to load this in the iPad app resulted in a message that a new update was there, but when I clicked on the install button the app crashed without any message.
Of course my .hl is probably buggy, but the .user files work fine and HLExport reported a successful export file creation. What can I do? What did I wrong?
wurzel is offline   #39 Reply With Quote
wurzel

Old April 9th, 2013, 02:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMTroll View Post

This works and changes are displayed in HL but I get a lot of warnings about
Code:
Field 'wMenuEquip ' has been orphaned for pick ...
Yes, I had the same error messages, and lots of them. Which means to me it does not work the way it should. I haven't tested whether the portfolio has some serious bugs, though. It may all be recoverable.
wurzel is offline   #40 Reply With Quote