Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Closed Thread

armidale

Old January 17th, 2012, 09:53 PM
In the built-in character sheet, a double weapon is shown as getting an extra 1/2 STR bonus for being wielded with both hands (as opposed to double). However, on the Paizo forums, James Jacobs ruled Nov 9, 2009, 12:56 PM this is incorrect ("while you wield a double weapon two-handed... the rules treat it as if you were wielding two weapons one-handed").

This issue is also summarized in Quandary's FAQ candidate post dated Jun 7, 2011, 10:27 AM.
armidale is offline   #241
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old January 18th, 2012, 12:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by armidale View Post
In the built-in character sheet, a double weapon is shown as getting an extra 1/2 STR bonus for being wielded with both hands (as opposed to double). However, on the Paizo forums, James Jacobs ruled Nov 9, 2009, 12:56 PM this is incorrect ("while you wield a double weapon two-handed... the rules treat it as if you were wielding two weapons one-handed").

This issue is also summarized in Quandary's FAQ candidate post dated Jun 7, 2011, 10:27 AM.
A double weapon can be wielded one of two ways.
a) A Two-handed weapon where you only use one end of the weapon but it does get 1.5x Str.
b) A Double weapon where you treat one side as a One-handed weapon and the off-hand as a light weapon. In this case the main hand gets Str x1 and the off hand gets Str .5x.
c) Recently the errata removed the ability for a double weapon to be used in a single hand.

So are you saying that in the XML a double weapon shows as always getting the 1.5x Str?

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #242
dybbuk

Old January 18th, 2012, 04:41 PM
The weights in the write-up for the Carpet of Flying II and Carpet of Flying III are switched. The Carpet of Flying II should weigh 10 lbs and the Carpet of Flying III should weigh 15 lbs.
dybbuk is offline   #243
Anselth

Old January 18th, 2012, 07:33 PM
Not sure if this is a bug/oversight or if I'm just missing something. According to http://paizo.com/pathfinderSociety/resources, all of the deities listed in the Inner Sea Guide tables on 229, 231, and 234 are legal for play. However, I've noted that HL states several are unavailable for PFS characters, including apparently all of the Demon Lords, which are listed on p. 231.
Anselth is offline   #244
Daemonfey

Old January 18th, 2012, 11:11 PM
The spell adjustment "countless eyes" contains a - seemingly defunct eval-script of "boiling blood".

Also, "boiling blood" has darkvision bootstrapped for no apparent reason...
Daemonfey is offline   #245
Belafon

Old January 19th, 2012, 04:45 AM
1) The Unarmed Fighter Archetype is still overwriting proficiency with medium armor, heavy armor, and shields. The archetype should not gain those feats, but instead of simply not adding them it is setting them as "not allowed" for the character. Even if these abilities are gained via another class (paladin) or directly selecting the feat, HL is treating the character as non-proficient.

2) The Guided Hand feat is still acting beyond wacky for ranged weapons. Here's my earlier summary of the problem.
http://forums.wolflair.com/showthrea...hand#post64995
Belafon is offline   #246
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old January 19th, 2012, 10:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belafon View Post
1) The Unarmed Fighter Archetype is still overwriting proficiency with medium armor, heavy armor, and shields. The archetype should not gain those feats, but instead of simply not adding them it is setting them as "not allowed" for the character. Even if these abilities are gained via another class (paladin) or directly selecting the feat, HL is treating the character as non-proficient.
See THIS thread for a community temporary fix until its officially fixed. At least with this added you will be proficient in the armor.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #247
frumple

Old January 20th, 2012, 06:22 AM
When I make a custom magic item with the bane quality it displays the focus of the bane twice. For example, a +1 bane (human) longsword is displayed as +1 Bane (human) (human) longsword
frumple is offline   #248
maxham51

Old January 20th, 2012, 07:06 AM
I noted that this problem was mentioned in version 6.7 but still has not be fixed.

Quote:
The Ninja Ki Pool ability seems to reference the Monk's Ki Pool ability. While similar, my understanding is that the Ninja version should base the size of the pool on (1/2 ninja level + Charisma modifier), not (1/2 monk level + Wisdom modifier).
If you could fix this it would be appreciated.
maxham51 is offline   #249
maxham51

Old January 20th, 2012, 10:05 AM
When I created an Ape Companion for my druid it showed it's natural attacks as 1 bite and 2 slam attacks. Ape Companion have 1 bite and 2 "claw" attacks

It is the Gorrilla that does Slam attacks not the Ape Companion.
(See core rule book page 53)

Also it shows his speed as 0, it should be 30, climb 30

I raised his intellegence to 3 - this allows it to know all tricks and understand more complex commands which is not reflected on the sheet
It also will not allow me to equip him with any armor. War mounts and Dogs, along with most animals trained for battle can wear armor (barding) but I don't see where this is implemented.

Last edited by maxham51; January 20th, 2012 at 10:16 AM.
maxham51 is offline   #250
Closed Thread