Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Closed Thread

ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old September 12th, 2012, 01:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unseelie View Post
I was thinking... I know you said previously (due to a misnamed file) that you try to avoid deletes. In a case like that one, couldn't you introduce a new, properly named, file and make use of replace thing? At least, I think it's replace thing... what lets you say "use this version instead of the existing one."
Technically I could. I would have to "Replace" every Thing in the one file with the other. Two issues with this. First for anyone looking at what I did it would be confusing. So thats bad.

The bigger reason is we try not to ever use "Replace Thing ID" in these data sets as HL currently can only handle one Replace. So this would prevent anyone else from doing their own houserules.

For example I could have houseruled changes to some Racial Specials. So I can do a "Replace Thing ID" so that monsters in the .por use my new houserule. This also means that as I didn't change the CB .user files my changes don't get removed with a new update. So thats another reason I would prefer to not use "Replace Thing ID" feature for any of our data sets if we can help it. It would break for anyone who is currently using "Replace Thing ID" and prevent someone in the future from doing their own houserules.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #191
Unseelie

Old September 12th, 2012, 02:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
Technically I could. I would have to "Replace" every Thing in the one file with the other. Two issues with this. First for anyone looking at what I did it would be confusing. So thats bad.

The bigger reason is we try not to ever use "Replace Thing ID" in these data sets as HL currently can only handle one Replace. So this would prevent anyone else from doing their own houserules.

For example I could have houseruled changes to some Racial Specials. So I can do a "Replace Thing ID" so that monsters in the .por use my new houserule. This also means that as I didn't change the CB .user files my changes don't get removed with a new update. So thats another reason I would prefer to not use "Replace Thing ID" feature for any of our data sets if we can help it. It would break for anyone who is currently using "Replace Thing ID" and prevent someone in the future from doing their own houserules.
Thanks... answers my question and tells me more than I previously knew about Replace Thing.
Unseelie is offline   #192
Unseelie

Old September 13th, 2012, 10:49 AM
Quote:
I don't remember seeing Beholder but I will look. If I find it will have to delete it as its not OGL and very copy righted. As far as I know the only thing close is the "Eye Tyrant" or something like that from a 3PP.
So, I completely removed the community bestiary from third party updates and after a relaunch the Beholder was no longer offered for a race... so it's definitely in the Community Bestiary somewhere.
Unseelie is offline   #193
Steev42

Old September 13th, 2012, 11:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unseelie View Post
So, I completely removed the community bestiary from third party updates and after a relaunch the Beholder was no longer offered for a race... so it's definitely in the Community Bestiary somewhere.
Specifically, it appears to be in the file PFRPG_SecondDarkness_WOC_Aberrations.user. Just to help out.
Steev42 is offline   #194
Unseelie

Old September 13th, 2012, 11:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steev42 View Post
Specifically, it appears to be in the file PFRPG_SecondDarkness_WOC_Aberrations.user. Just to help out.
Interesting. I didn't actually have second darkness enabled...
Unseelie is offline   #195
Steev42

Old September 13th, 2012, 11:56 AM
Well, it doesn't have any sources, so it would always be available.

Looks that that same file also has Umber Hulk and Carrion Crawler, which I believe are also product identity of WotC.
Steev42 is offline   #196
ShadowChemosh

Old September 13th, 2012, 12:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steev42 View Post
Well, it doesn't have any sources, so it would always be available.

Looks that that same file also has Umber Hulk and Carrion Crawler, which I believe are also product identity of WotC.
Ouch that is NOT good!

Thanks for letting me know. I need to get those out then as they should not exist actually. Even Second Darkness which was done under 3.5 would not have been able to use those monsters in the AP.

Hero Lab Resources:
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #197
Lord Magus

Old September 15th, 2012, 08:50 AM
Quote:
Ouch that is NOT good!

Thanks for letting me know. I need to get those out then as they should not exist actually. Even Second Darkness which was done under 3.5 would not have been able to use those monsters in the AP.
3 .user files hold PF conversions of 3.5 monsters, including the "closed" ones mentioned above:
PFRPG_SecondDarkness_WOC_Oozes.user (1 monster)
PFRPG_SecondDarkness_WOC_Aberrations.user (5 monsters + the second instance of the "Ranged Touch Attack" weapon)
PFRPG_SecondDarkness_WOC_Giants.user (11 monsters)
Lord Magus is offline   #198
ShadowChemosh

Old September 18th, 2012, 07:20 PM
Quote:
d20pfsrd - Community Bestiary (vX.XX)
The Community has been hard at work inputting adventure path and 3PP monsters. I have combined all these different books into one large data set for the community. Inside you will find hundreds of evil creatures to torture your players with or I mean give XP too.

So after installing this data set you will have a large number of books that can be check marked in the Configure Your Hero window listed under the "Hero Lab Community" section. The adventure path monsters are all setup to work under the already included Adventure Path books. Please note that not EVERY book is fully inputted at this time.

Full Author List
Bodrin, djc664, frumple, hangarflying, Huntercc, Joey Virtue, LordMagus, Nikmal, Paris.Crenshaw, ShadowChemosh, thedarkelf007, Umarian, and ValaraukarU.

Installation Instructions
See THIS post for full details.

Additional HL Packages Required
To be able to use this data set several different official HL data sets are required. Maybe this will change in the future but for now this data set WILL NOT LOAD without these official packages. The latest packages list is: Advanced Players Guide, Bestiary 1, Bestiary 2, Bestiary 3, Ultimate Combat, and Ultimate Magic

Note: Some of the .por files may require additional packages to load correctly but they won't cause Hero Lab to fall into Safe Mode. Unfortunately at this time there is no easy method to track this so all I can do is give a warning.

Where to find the Monsters
1) Some of the monsters are included as .stock files and you find them by going to the HL Menu "Portfolio->Import Stock Hero...".
2) Do to the massive size of the .por files, 600megs as of 8/5/2012, I have stored each adventure path and module as a seperate .zip file that you can get from d20pfsrd. These are all stored in the "Community Bestiary" folder at the top.

Version Notes

v2.4 - September 18, 2012
=Frumple=
Tome of Horrors - Added A, B, C, and D monsters.
-- Not included (A): Adherer, Amphisbaena, Monadic Deva, Movanic Deca, Ant Lion, Animal Lord, Ascomoid, Atomie, Aurumvorax
-- Not Included (B): Basidirond, Mobat, Bhuta, Blindheim, Bog Mummy, Bogeyman, Brownie, Bunyip
-Updated the "Tome of Horrors" stock files A through Z.
-Added new "Tome of Horrors" stock files for: Angels, Daemons, Demons, and Devils.
-Updated AP61 Shattered Star - Shards of Sin bestiary and NPCs.
-New .por zip file for chapter 1 uploaded to d20pfsrd.

=ShadowChemosh=
-Fixed clash against Pathfinder v7.0 that was preventing the data package from loading.
"PFRPG_Tome_of_Horrors_frumple.user" made following changes:
-Removed "thingid.xImmRust" as its a duplicate of what was added officially.
-Moved other "Immune Abilities" to the "PFRPG_Bestiary_UniversialAbilities.user" so they are stored in a central place.
-Did a rename to each one to "xx" so we don't future clash with new updates.
-Fixed some sources and missing "Product Identity For".
-Moved some of the Tome of Horrors universal monster abilities over to "PFRPG_Bestiary_UniversialAbilities.user".
-Renamed "PFRG_Carrion_Crown_AP.user" to "PFRPG_Carrion_Crown_AP.user".
-Removed: PFRPG_SecondDarkness_WOC_Oozes.user; PFRPG_SecondDarkness_WOC_Giants.user; and PFRPG_SecondDarkness_WOC_Aberrations.user. As these where filled with Non-OGL monsters from 3.5 Wizards of the Coast.
-Added in my latest Adjustments file.

Hero Lab Resources:
ShadowChemosh is offline   #199
blzbob

Old September 18th, 2012, 08:09 PM
So how do I get this to update? I tried to use the "View Updates" but nothing has changed for me.
blzbob is offline   #200
Closed Thread