Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 23rd, 2011, 10:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daeorian View Post
I have the Bestiaries (1 & 2). The dragon has a race: that of the dragon I selected -- Dragon, White, Wyrm. But, I get a lot of conflicting messages. For example: on the Background page I'm told to select 3 more starting languages, but on the pop-up dialog to select languages they're all listed as invalid.
I've fixed the errors being reported in the selection list for the next update, thanks for the report.

For the languages - check the Bestiary page for white dragons (pg 101) - the Ancient white dragon there has only two languages listed (one of them free). When creating the wyrm dragon, we did not guess at what languages should be assigned to fill the rest of the free languages it gains from having high intelligence. The race also does not list any languages as being available to learn with high intelligence.

(I'm hoping that at some point, Paizo will actually make a ruling that once you've selected all the languages your race allows, if you still have INT slots to spend, you can select any language)
Mathias is offline   #101 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 23rd, 2011, 10:24 AM
Quote:
FYI: Under the description of the feat "Stunning Assault" it reads: "You powerful but imprecise..." probably should be "Your powerful but imprecise..."
Tell Paizo, too - that text was a cut-and-paste from the APG. Fixed in the next update, thanks for the report.

Quote:
Also, on the "Classes" tab, under the top section labeled "Class Levels", the HP column seems to be designed for only 2-digit values. At higher levels, when the (N)PC has a hundred or more hit points, all three digits aren't visible during editing. The most significant digit scrolls off to the left when entering values.
Added to my to-do list, thanks for the report.

Quote:
Another one: On the "Background" tab, under "Factions" is bold text saying "Add Factions", but I have the "Use Factions/Backgrounds" setting deselected on the "Configure Hero..." screen.
Do you have the faction guide, gnomes of golarion, or Pathfinder Society Content (no Restrictions) selected? Since all of those add factions, the faction list is shown if you have any of those sources enabled, or if you have "Use Factions/Backgrounds" selected.
Mathias is offline   #102 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 23rd, 2011, 10:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by risner View Post
HERE

Clarification on PFS allowance for Bestiary feats.

They are allowed if allowed by a legal source, but never allowed in any other way.

So they are allowed for Animal Companions (well INArmor and INAttack) because Core p53 allows them. They are allowed for a PC for Natural Warrior Ranger (INAttack/Multiattack) and for Eagle Shaman Druid (Flyby Attack)
Added to the to-do list, thanks for the report.
Mathias is offline   #103 Reply With Quote
chava

Old March 23rd, 2011, 10:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
Please clarify the problem you're reporting here. I'm afraid I can't understand what you're trying to report.
There is a feat called 'Boon Companion' from Seekers of Secrets:
The abilities of your animal companion or familiar are calculated as though your class were four levels higher, to a maximum bonus equal to your character level. If you have more than one animal companion or familiar, choose one to receive this benefit. If you lose or dismiss an animal companion or familiar, you may apply this feat to the replacement creature.

However, it currently doesn't give any benefit when you select it.

For example:
I have a pegasus druid 2. Normally would have a 2nd level animal companion which has 3 HD. With the 'Boon Companion' feat she should have a 6th level animal companion (2 from normal druid + 4 from boon companion because pegasi have 4 racial HD) which would have 6 HD.

Or the other posters example (NeoFax):
I have a Druid 4/Barbarian 3 with a Lion AC. Should be 7, but it just stays at 4.
(*In his case he is referring to the effective druid level for determining the animal companion - HD would be 3 (Druid 4) vs 6 (Druid4/Bar3, effective Druid7)
chava is offline   #104 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 23rd, 2011, 10:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eretas View Post
When I transfert magic arrows from a hero to another, the stack of 20/20 become 50/50. Previously you asked me how I transfer magic arrows from a hero to another to obtain that bug. I just did it today ...
I open the weapon section then click on the bag item then transfert gear to hero.
When I went to the hero to whom I trasfert the stack of magic Arrows, there is 50 arrow instead of the orginal 20. I did it three times. One with 20 arrow, and twice with 15 arrow. Then all of the stack became stack of 50 arrows.
I had understood the problem you were reporting last time you reported it. This problem will be fixed in the next update of Hero Lab (the next update of the overall program - unfortunately it's not something that can be fixed with just an update of the Pathfinder files).
Mathias is offline   #105 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 23rd, 2011, 10:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HowwwwL View Post
The Expert Acrobat ability states that the character does not suffer armor check penalties on Acrobatics, Climb, Sleight of Hand, and Stealth while wearing light armor.

The builder is imposing the armor check penalty on Acrobatics while wearing a Chain Shirt... Chain Shirt is light armor...
Searching for "Acrobat" in the feats and traits list with all sources enabled, I don't find "Expert Acrobat". What type of ability is it? What adds it? What book is it from?
Mathias is offline   #106 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 23rd, 2011, 10:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitter_Chivalry View Post
(hope this is right )

I've created a badger companion for a player's druid and noticed that the animal's movement rate/speed is 0 ft. but it has got a burrowing speed of 10 feet.
Fixed in the next update, thanks for the report.
Mathias is offline   #107 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 23rd, 2011, 12:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoFax View Post
+1 I have a Druid 4/Barbarian 3 with a Lion AC. Should be 7, but it just stays at 4.
I'm sorry, but I can't replicate this error. I added 4 levels of Druid, 3 levels of Barbarian, and an animal companion to a blank character.

Going to the Develop menu for the animal companion...floating info windows...show hero fields, I see that the tCompLevel field is correctly set at 4.

Adding boon companion to the master, I see that the companion's tCompLevel goes up to 7, and correctly for the animal companion of a 7th level druid, the companion has 6HD.
Mathias is offline   #108 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 23rd, 2011, 01:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chava View Post
There is a feat called 'Boon Companion' from Seekers of Secrets:
The abilities of your animal companion or familiar are calculated as though your class were four levels higher, to a maximum bonus equal to your character level. If you have more than one animal companion or familiar, choose one to receive this benefit. If you lose or dismiss an animal companion or familiar, you may apply this feat to the replacement creature.

However, it currently doesn't give any benefit when you select it.

For example:
I have a pegasus druid 2. Normally would have a 2nd level animal companion which has 3 HD. With the 'Boon Companion' feat she should have a 6th level animal companion (2 from normal druid + 4 from boon companion because pegasi have 4 racial HD) which would have 6 HD.

Or the other posters example (NeoFax):
I have a Druid 4/Barbarian 3 with a Lion AC. Should be 7, but it just stays at 4.
(*In his case he is referring to the effective druid level for determining the animal companion - HD would be 3 (Druid 4) vs 6 (Druid4/Bar3, effective Druid7)
Okay, boon companion does appear to function correctly with racial HD - I've added that to my to do list - thanks for the report, but I was not able to reproduce the other report - boon companion appears to be functioning correctly in most cases.
Mathias is offline   #109 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old March 23rd, 2011, 05:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoFax View Post
+1 I have a Druid 4/Barbarian 3 with a Lion AC. Should be 7, but it just stays at 4.
Stupid question here but when you add the BC feat and you select the class you are selecting Druid not the barbarian class?

I was just checking out the feat and I naturally selected Barbarian not Druid and found it does nothing. Then I selected Druid and it works fine. So just thought I would ask.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #110 Reply With Quote