Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

dballing

Old September 5th, 2012, 06:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
Umm no a Double Weapon works exactly the same as if you had a Longsword/shortsword combo. So if you move you get a single attack only and only during a Full-Round action can you get to Two-Weapon Fighting.
I always thought that the bonuses were "slightly more beneficial" for a double-weapon (ie, that that was the point of using a double-weapon). Guess I was wrong. Bollocks.

NM.
dballing is offline   #121 Reply With Quote
Ambush

Old September 5th, 2012, 08:20 PM
Did you change the HTML behind the sheet? Not complaining mind you, just asking. Prior to this version, I would export my character, directly edit the sheet in Studio, add another block with a weapon, and then make modifications from there (i.e. I'd add Longsword (PA), then add all the relevant Power Attack changes), print my sheet and be done. However, when I went in today, it didn't appear that information was there and that weapons were now displayed via jscript functionality. Can you confirm?
Ambush is offline   #122 Reply With Quote
AncientOne

Old September 6th, 2012, 02:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambush View Post
Did you change the HTML behind the sheet? Not complaining mind you, just asking. Prior to this version, I would export my character, directly edit the sheet in Studio, add another block with a weapon, and then make modifications from there (i.e. I'd add Longsword (PA), then add all the relevant Power Attack changes), print my sheet and be done. However, when I went in today, it didn't appear that information was there and that weapons were now displayed via jscript functionality. Can you confirm?
Yes, I changed it in version 4.0. The new approach is described in this long-winded post.
AncientOne is offline   #123 Reply With Quote
Ambush

Old September 6th, 2012, 06:46 AM
Hrm. Right then. I guess I'll have to put in requests for:
1. Cloning Weapon Entries (that I can then edit)
1a. Ability to Edit bonus to hit and dmg
2. Re-order Weapon Entries
Ambush is offline   #124 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old September 6th, 2012, 06:10 PM
Quote:
Hrm. Right then. I guess I'll have to put in requests for:
1. Cloning Weapon Entries (that I can then edit)
1a. Ability to Edit bonus to hit and dmg
2. Re-order Weapon Entries
These are all things that should be done in HL itself. I don't see why the same ability needs to be in multiple places.

1) Cloning Weapons you can just add the same weapon again as suggested above and set the weapon to the "Ground" container.

1a) The "Adjust" tab already has this feature to add all sorts of bonuses. If you need more see my "addon" that adds tons of new abilities.

2) You can already sort of do this by adding a "Custom" weapon and giving it a new name that either gives a space or a number in the front. Then HL will sort them in a different order.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #125 Reply With Quote
dballing

Old September 7th, 2012, 03:09 AM
Quote:
2) You can already sort of do this by adding a "Custom" weapon and giving it a new name that either gives a space or a number in the front. Then HL will sort them in a different order.
Ehhhhh, that's kinda lame. (Not your fault). That should be a core functionality, I'd imagine. It should be set up so the primary weapons that I use (which only I know, not the software) can be moved up to the top of the list.
dballing is offline   #126 Reply With Quote
nogoodscallywag

Old September 7th, 2012, 05:26 AM
I have been having trouble with printing the AncientOne sheet.

A character has so much gear that not all of it will print on the sheet; it gets cut off at the bottom and the next page just picks up with the next section...
nogoodscallywag is offline   #127 Reply With Quote
Ambush

Old September 7th, 2012, 06:55 AM
Quote:
These are all things that should be done in HL itself. I don't see why the same ability needs to be in multiple places.

1) Cloning Weapons you can just add the same weapon again as suggested above and set the weapon to the "Ground" container.

1a) The "Adjust" tab already has this feature to add all sorts of bonuses. If you need more see my "addon" that adds tons of new abilities.

Thanks for the suggestions, SC. I can see your point, BUT, at the same time, I don't particularly agree. I maintain character states for all the players...part of this, we use for loot valuation of a character. How much gear they have. Adding multiple weapons of the same type throws that. Plus, if I get a new weapon, now I have to add two/three/four of the same weapon. Also, what if it's a natural weapon? Can I even add multiple bite attacks to represent that?

Ultimately, I consider it a responsibility of the app to track the actual items owned and the responsibility of the sheet to adjust displays for attack types / feats. If it doesn't get done, I'll live. I'm certainly not going to stop using the sheet because of this. As I know that the sheet uses JS to do what it's doing, I felt that it wasn't unreasonable to ask about adding some new methods to handle this stuff. HL is great if you are using it as a "Live" character sheet at the table. I prefer paper at the table, and paper sheets are the realm of the export.
Ambush is offline   #128 Reply With Quote
Ambush

Old September 7th, 2012, 06:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dballing View Post
Ehhhhh, that's kinda lame. (Not your fault). That should be a core functionality, I'd imagine. It should be set up so the primary weapons that I use (which only I know, not the software) can be moved up to the top of the list.
The software does know if you have the weapon active in your hand(s)...
Ambush is offline   #129 Reply With Quote
dballing

Old September 7th, 2012, 07:01 AM
Quote:
The software does know if you have the weapon active in your hand(s)...
But that changes from encounter to encounter.

Sometimes I've got my sword in my hand because I'm in melee. Sometimes people are escaping/approaching and I use my long-bow. But maybe I have both a sling and a longbow. How does the software know "which of these weapons I use more often"? It doesn't, really.

It's not asking a lot to say "when you've got multiple attack forms, let the uer decide what order they are output in, so that the ones they use most often are at the top."
dballing is offline   #130 Reply With Quote