Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Scargap

Old July 13th, 2012, 12:44 PM
I have made a 4th level Cleric which has a 18 dexterity. My AC adjustment for dexterity should be a +4 but I am only getting a +3. The cleric has no equipment so the dexterity isnt effected by that.

Anybody have any ideas why this would be happening?

Thanks for any help.
Scargap is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old July 13th, 2012, 01:06 PM
The normal answer when we get this question is medium encumberance limiting max Dex to 3. You say the character has no equipment, do you mean he hasn't equipped any armor but has other things that might weigh him down? If he has no gear at all, does he have a lot of money? Coin weight is tracked by HL unless you set the house rule to ignore it.
Aaron is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Scargap

Old July 13th, 2012, 01:14 PM
I have not bought any equipment for him at all. He is all stats. He does have money though. I hadn't thought of that. How do you edit money?
Scargap is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old July 13th, 2012, 01:38 PM
Does he have *money*? If so, it has weight just like equipment, unless you set the option to ignore it, as Aaron outlined above.

If your cleric has the standard amount of starting GP, he's lugging around a *lot* of coin weight, so you're probably at medium encumbrance due to the coins.
rob is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old July 13th, 2012, 01:57 PM
To ignore Coin Weight, go to Character - Configure Hero. In the window that pops up, click to the right where the different books and such are shown. Then scroll down to the section "Optional Rules" and check the "No Coin Weight" option. If you like, you can then set your current config to be the default for all future characters by hitting the "Set Defaults" button on the right.

Alternately, you could go to the gear tab, and move the "Money" object to the "Ground" location (or into another custom location like your house or a bank).
Aaron is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Scargap

Old July 13th, 2012, 02:08 PM
how do you just remove money. say you spent it in a tavern. i am sure it is quite simple and i am just missing it
Scargap is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Sadiramaniac

Old July 13th, 2012, 02:12 PM
go to configure hero and on the right where you can check which books to apply scroll down and clock no gold weight.
Sadiramaniac is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old July 13th, 2012, 02:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scargap View Post
how do you just remove money. say you spent it in a tavern. i am sure it is quite simple and i am just missing it
Go to the journal tab and you can enter a negative amount of gold their.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
John
Ex-Staff
Lone Wolf Staff

Old July 13th, 2012, 02:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scargap View Post
One way to do it is to go to the Journal tab, and Earn a negative amount of money in a Journal entry. It will subtract the amount from your current total of available money.
John is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Scargap

Old July 14th, 2012, 07:21 AM
You know, I have been using Hero Lab for many years. It never occurred to me to us a negative number

Thanks!
Scargap is offline   #10 Reply With Quote