Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Closed Thread

Nanan00

Old July 25th, 2011, 01:38 PM
Custom named items, weapons, and armor show custom name in output but then show all the extra junk such as, keen, flaming burst etc in the name block and often runs out of the box. Extra damage from flaming, icy, holy etc should show as a special property of a weapon but it is not.
Nanan00 is offline   #301
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old July 25th, 2011, 01:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoFax View Post
I wasn't training to add more class levels. Thanks for the info, but the error shouldn't read how it reads then.
The message reads "Template precludes class levels." Seems to fit the situation really well actually.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoFax View Post
So, to get the creature I need then I have to code it up or use PC-Gen.
Why? I just made this Dwarf Fighter Mudra Skeleton. What about it is it not giving you that you would need some other software for? I get bonus feats, BAB, saves, and weapon fighter training.

You do know all those RED diamond messages are NOT errors they are Warnings only. If I want to give a level 1 commoner 15 feats and 200 skill points nothing in HL stops you from doing it. Using the Adjust tab even lets you set many things for house rules or other situations. Say with this dwarf skeleton I just want it to have another +20 to hit with its claws. I can go to the Adjust tab and add a Weapon Attack Bonus, select Claws, and give it +20 bonus.

For more fun I have a community addon that would let you even add say a bit attack to this creature just using the Adjust tab again. No scripting or learning the Editor required.

Hope that helps some.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.

Last edited by ShadowChemosh; July 29th, 2011 at 12:32 PM.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #302
jim_hm

Old July 25th, 2011, 06:59 PM
At first level, a druid's vermin companion should know two tricks, not one. 1 because it's mindless, and 1 bonus. I get a validation error for having two.
jim_hm is offline   #303
kinevon

Old July 28th, 2011, 12:06 AM
Some issues with arrows:

You CAN buy special material arrows in quantities of 20, 50 is only for magical arrows.

50 Cold Iron arrows should NOT be coming in at 250 gp cost, it should be 5 gp, double the cost of 50 normal arrows, which would be 2.5 gp./25 sp

Selling arrows should not just give a value of 1 sp, no matter what kind or quantity arrows are being sold.

Then again, I think some of the special material arrows should be in the normal weapon section, due to how often they get bought.

Weapon cords need to have some way to mark to which weapon they are attached, and give the penalties to hit with other weapons.

Other issues:

It would be immensely helpful if the printout put the actual equipped weapons first in the list. I won't even go into how having your primary weapon not show as a weapon until the second page is incredibly inefficient, as well as irritating.

And this happens with most of my characters, having their actual primary weapon, which is EQUIPPED, show as the third, fourth or even final listed weapon on the weapon list.

Drop the alphabetical listing. Add a checkbox for even whether the user WANTS the weapon to printout normally or not.

On the custom output, it would be beneficial if it were actually a custom printout, not an HTML export. HTML works differently in different browsers, and frequently generates weird issues when printing it out.
kinevon is offline   #304
Zandari

Old July 29th, 2011, 08:51 AM
So I am trying to generate a PFS Witch (7th level) and picked Witch Knife as a feat. I get the following error:

Quote:
Invalid tag expression specified for 'foreach' statement
Location: 'eval' script for Thing 'fWitchKnif' (Eval Script '#1') near line 24
Worst of all, every time I click something else in the program, the error pops up again.
Zandari is offline   #305
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old July 29th, 2011, 09:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zandari View Post
So I am trying to generate a PFS Witch (7th level) and picked Witch Knife as a feat. I get the following error:

Worst of all, every time I click something else in the program, the error pops up again.
As a temporary solution, go to the In-Play tab and un-check this ability - you won't get the benefits of the feat, but at least you'll stop the error messages.
Mathias is offline   #306
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old July 29th, 2011, 09:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zandari View Post

I was wondering - have you chosen a Patron Spells option yet? I'm not able to duplicate this error unless I haven't chosen one of those options, or I'm testing it on a level 1 witch. If you have chosen a Patron spells option, could you tell me which one - there may be a problem with it.

Even if you haven't chosen one, this shouldn't be reporting errors, and I've gotten that fixed for the next update. Thank you for reporting this.
Mathias is offline   #307
harmor

Old July 30th, 2011, 10:44 AM
I double clicked on the .POR file in Windows Explorer.

Microsoft Windows XP
Home Edition
Version 2002
Service Pack 3

Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU
E4600 @ 2.40GHz
2.41 GHz, 2.00 GB of RAM

C:\Program Files\Hero Lab\HeroLab.exe
3.7a 260
ACCESS VIOLATION
Address: 0x00411503
Type: bad read
major: 5, minor: 1, build: 2600, platform: 2, version: Service Pack 3, spmaj: 3, spmin: 0, suitemask: 00000300, type: 1

EDIT: Figured out the problem...I had the "View->Show Tactical Console" turned ON. When you have that turned on, close HeroLab, then double click on a .POR file it will crash like this.
Attached Files
File Type: email Amiri.por (357.4 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by harmor; July 30th, 2011 at 10:49 AM.
harmor is offline   #308
Random

Old July 31st, 2011, 03:17 PM
Made a Rogue5/Shadowdancer3 yesterday. Discovered that even though the shadowdancer gets a pet shadow, it doesn't give it a companion option. Creating a standard shadow for a pet requires making changes to it's BAB, base saves and HP...which should be tied to the character. Sadly I had to use permanent modifiers that will have to be changed every time it levels up instead of calculated like any other companion does. Seems like this is probably a really old bug since shadowdancer has been part of PF since only the core rulebook existed.
Random is offline   #309
chava

Old July 31st, 2011, 03:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Random View Post
Made a Rogue5/Shadowdancer3 yesterday. Discovered that even though the shadowdancer gets a pet shadow, it doesn't give it a companion option. Creating a standard shadow for a pet requires making changes to it's BAB, base saves and HP...which should be tied to the character. Sadly I had to use permanent modifiers that will have to be changed every time it levels up instead of calculated like any other companion does. Seems like this is probably a really old bug since shadowdancer has been part of PF since only the core rulebook existed.
Not technically a bug, since the class ability clearly says that the companion has not been implemented. Hopefully when they get broodmaster and beast master coded, the companion coding will be resilient enough to cover this too.
chava is offline   #310
Closed Thread