Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Xykal

Old May 1st, 2011, 06:36 AM
How do I make hexes a valid selection for the ability focus feat within Hero Labs? Right now ability focus only seems to allow racial abilities as valid selections.

Thanks in advance...

Xykal
Xykal is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old May 1st, 2011, 08:49 AM
Here is the full RAW XML as I changed this for my games to do actually what you wish.

Code:
  <thing id="fS2AbilFoc" name="Ability Focus" description="One of this creature&apos;s special attacks is particularly difficult to resist.{br}{br}{b}Prerequisite{/b}: Special attack.{br}{br}{b}Benefit{/b}: Choose one of the creature&apos;s special attacks. Add +2 to the DC for all saving throws against the special attack on which the creature focuses.{br}{br}{b}Special{/b}: A creature can gain this feat multiple times. Its effects do not stack. Each time the creature takes the feat, it applies to a different special attack." compset="Feat" summary="You gain a +2 bonus to the DC of a special attack." replaces="fAbilFoc">
    <comment>Ability also now allows for Su abilities.</comment>
    <fieldval field="usrCandid1" value="component.RaceAbil|AbilType.Super"/>
    <tag group="Helper" tag="NoPathSoc" name="Not Allowed for Pathfinder Society Characters" abbrev="Not Allowed for Pathfinder Society Characters"/>
    <tag group="ChooseSrc1" tag="Hero" name="All Picks on Hero" abbrev="All Picks on Hero"/>
    <evalrule phase="Final" priority="10000" message="Ability Focus taken twice for same ability." summary="Taken twice."><![CDATA[
      ~the script for this feat is handled in the eval rule because that way we can test that
      ~we haven't applied it twice for the same ability while applying the bonus
      if (field[usrChosen1].ischosen <> 0) then
        field[usrChosen1].chosen.field[abDC].value += 2
        perform field[usrChosen1].chosen.assign[Duplicate.AbilFocus]
        validif (field[usrChosen1].chosen.tagcount[Duplicate.AbilFocus] < 2)

~if we haven't chosen anything yet, another rule will take care of that warning
      else
        @valid = 1
        endif]]></evalrule>
    </thing>
To do this yourself you would want to do a New(Copy) of the ability focus feat. Then simply change the "Custom Expression" section to be the following:
Code:
component.RaceAbil|AbilType.Super
The "|AbilType.Super" is what I added and this tells HL to display anything of the RaceAbil type OR Super. Which is what Hexes are.

If you want to replace the original feat then in the Replaced Thing ID type in fAbilFoc. Give your new feat a Unique ID and then Test Now!.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Xykal

Old May 1st, 2011, 12:11 PM
Worked like a charm. Thanks a ton!
Xykal is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
BigDaddyXD

Old June 3rd, 2011, 11:37 PM
Hi, i need just the same thing, but for use with my monk's "Stunning Fist".
Where do i have to "create the Copy of Ability Focus", and make those changes?
Sorry, i am new to HL
BigDaddyXD is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
mcgeedis

Old April 29th, 2012, 11:55 AM
Hi team. I am very very new to this. Would someone be able to give me a clear step by step as to how I can do this?

I got confused with this part: "If you want to replace the original feat then in the Replaced Thing ID type in fAbilFoc. Give your new feat a Unique ID and then Test Now!."

I couldn't find the Replaced Thing ID and didn't know what Unique ID I should assign.

Do I have to do this? What do I save the file as when I click "Test Now!"?

If someone would be so gracious to give me a step by step, that would be phenominal. I tried reading about the editor, but I am the type of guy that doesn't want to know how the watch works, I just want it to accurately tell the time.

Thanks!
mcgeedis is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
mcgeedis

Old April 29th, 2012, 03:47 PM
I figured it out!

I found the field "Replaces Thing ID" but I was looking for "Replaced Thing ID". When I saw it, I literally smacked my forehead in a major "Duh" moment.

Thanks again for the post!
mcgeedis is offline   #6 Reply With Quote