Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old January 27th, 2011, 09:24 PM
So was leveling up a old Warlock character and I started to get this strange error now in testing of 1.3. The error is a different than I am use too so any help in pointing me in a direction to look would be helpful. I have attached the screen shot of the error.

Here is also the raw xml of the two things it claims has error with the Value. These are both in the "Complete Arcane Compile.user" file.

cWrlSpider
Code:
  <thing id="cWrlSpider" name="Spiderwalk (Least; 2nd)" description="You can grant yourself the ability to {i}spider climb{/i} (as the spell) with a duration of 24 hours. While this invocation is in effect, you are unaffected by webs (either mundane or magical)." compset="CustomSpec" summary="Gain {i}spider climb{/i} as the spell." uniqueness="unique">
    <tag group="SpecSource" tag="cHelpWrl"/>
    <tag group="AbilType" tag="SpellLike"/>
    <tag group="SpecType" tag="Movement"/>
    </thing>
cWrlFelFli
Code:
  <thing id="cWrlFelFli" name="Fell Flight (Lesser; 3rd)" description="When you use this invocation, the powers of darkness bear you aloft as you sprout a streaming, winglike cape of shadows. You can fly at a speed equal to your land speed with good maneuverability for 24 hours." compset="CustomSpec" summary="Gain a fly speed with good maneuverability." uniqueness="unique">
    <tag group="SpecSource" tag="cHelpWrl"/>
    <tag group="AbilType" tag="SpellLike"/>
    <tag group="SpecType" tag="Movement"/>
    <exprreq message="Ability to use Lesser Invocations required."><![CDATA[hero.childfound[xInvoke].field[Value].value >= 6]]></exprreq>
    </thing>
Confused as I don't see anything accessing Value on these Things except for the one accessing Value on the XInvoke special ability. That Thing does correctly have a Value field so that is correct.

Anyone have an idea where to look. I also tried scanning the .xml files and could not find any Thing that is trying to reference to cWrlFelFli or cWrlSpider.

I am also confused on why it is referencing statblock in the error.

Thanks
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Warlock Error.jpg (29.6 KB, 8 views)

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Lawful_g

Old January 27th, 2011, 10:40 PM
I'll look into it once I get home.
Lawful_g is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Lawful_g

Old January 29th, 2011, 01:27 AM
I'm not able to reproduce the error, making a 10th level Warlock with those abilities I get no error.

When does it pop up? Only when opening the portfolio or whenever you change anything? My guess is something in the way HL stores characters as portfolios changed.

Try starting a new portfolio, then import your character to the new one and save it. Then close the program, start it again, and open the new test portfolio. Do you still get the error?
Lawful_g is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old January 29th, 2011, 11:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawful_g View Post
I'm not able to reproduce the error, making a 10th level Warlock with those abilities I get no error.
Trying going to level 13 and giving it Fell Flight.

Quote:
When does it pop up? Only when opening the portfolio or whenever you change anything? My guess is something in the way HL stores characters as portfolios changed.
My bad should have said that right away. It only happens when saving the portfolio actually. At all other times it is fine.

Quote:
Try starting a new portfolio, then import your character to the new one and save it. Then close the program, start it again, and open the new test portfolio. Do you still get the error?
Good idea I get the exact same error actually.

I did try doing a Save As also to see if saving it to a WHOLE new file (as in the old one could be bad) but I got the same issue. Its very strange that it only comes up during a save.

Hero Lab Resources:
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old January 29th, 2011, 11:08 AM
Here is the portfolio and a .user file. The .user file just has a couple of custom Adjustments and Custom Magic items for the campaign I am running. Its a very strange error to get.

Also check to see if it is somehow ONLY related to myself? In other words if you can't duplicate the error even with the portfolio then I am going to chalk it up to strange error and move on. I just figured if I just got it using the community data then we could have an issue.

Thanks
Attached Files
File Type: zip Lvl13Warlock(RotRL).zip (14.7 KB, 3 views)

Hero Lab Resources:
ShadowChemosh is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 29th, 2011, 01:06 PM
Actually, for the part about the save - look at the end of each of the error messages - "for dossier 'statblock'". So the error is during the generation of the statblock that occurs during the saving of a character.
Mathias is offline   #6 Reply With Quote