Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

dragonladytoo

Old November 24th, 2010, 04:28 PM
I have been working with d20 pro this last week. As sold, d20 pro needs to be configured to support pathfinder. By default they only have the classes/feats/skills/spells of the core books in by default (once you copy the d20 provided files to the correct directory).

There are a number of user initiated replacement files that have updated these four files to some of the APG (the new core classes), but no one has implemented/updated to the new APG achetypes of the old core classes.

While spell names are in d20 pro, you as the gm still have to implement the effects of these spells (surprised me on that).

One other thing. The bestiary monsters are not in d20 by default. You can export from herolab and import them one at a time if you wish, or again there is a user initiated effort to supply all of them for quick import into d20. BigKilla spent 6 weeks placing the entire bestiary onto a single map, meaning that you simply have to load that single map, and then select and import all the bestiary into your d20pro and they are ready to use. Of course they are just basic stats, so still require purchase of the bestiary book if you want to make sense of them.

FWIW, both herolab and d20pro are great products that will assist you immensely in running games, either online or face-to-face, just don't expect them to work for a pathfinder game right out of the box. There is a setup and learning curve for both.

Robyn Nixon
dragonladytoo is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
CapeCodRPGER

Old November 27th, 2010, 07:14 AM
Ok, I downloaded the demo version of HL. How come it does not stay installed? Everytime I have to use it I have to install it again.
CapeCodRPGER is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
bodrin

Old November 28th, 2010, 07:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapeCodRPGER View Post
Ok, I downloaded the demo version of HL. How come it does not stay installed? Everytime I have to use it I have to install it again.
If your on Vista or Win 7 i'd run the Installation file as an Administrator not a normal user, maybe there's some quirk in the registry of your system thats not taking the install!
bodrin is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
CapeCodRPGER

Old November 28th, 2010, 12:46 PM
I'll try that, thanks. But I am the only person that uses this computer and always logged in as admin. Weird.
CapeCodRPGER is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old November 28th, 2010, 01:23 PM
Quote:
I'll try that, thanks. But I am the only person that uses this computer and always logged in as admin. Weird.
Also did you force the install into the Program Files folder? Their was some stuff mentioned that if you do that it can cause issues with updates. So maybe in your case it is also causing this issue.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old November 29th, 2010, 12:38 AM
Quote:
Once the product is installed, you do NOT need to re-install it again, and it should not ask you to do so. I'm guessing that you downloaded the INSTALLATION program onto your desktop and every time you launch the product, you are actually double-clicking the INSTALLATION program again.

Once the product is installed, you should launch the product by going to the Windows Start menu, opening the list of program files, and then selecting Hero Lab there. The installation program can be deleted once the product is installed.

If you want to create a shortcut on your desktop, you can right-click on the desktop and select "New" then "Shortcut". Then you can click the "Browse" button, browse to where you installed Hero Lab (by default it's "c:\herolab"), and select the Hero Lab program. After that, you can use the shortcut on your desktop.

Hope this helps...
rob is offline   #16 Reply With Quote
CapeCodRPGER

Old January 1st, 2011, 06:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob View Post
Once the product is installed, you do NOT need to re-install it again, and it should not ask you to do so. I'm guessing that you downloaded the INSTALLATION program onto your desktop and every time you launch the product, you are actually double-clicking the INSTALLATION program again.

Once the product is installed, you should launch the product by going to the Windows Start menu, opening the list of program files, and then selecting Hero Lab there. The installation program can be deleted once the product is installed.

If you want to create a shortcut on your desktop, you can right-click on the desktop and select "New" then "Shortcut". Then you can click the "Browse" button, browse to where you installed Hero Lab (by default it's "c:\herolab"), and select the Hero Lab program. After that, you can use the shortcut on your desktop.

Hope this helps...
I found it it was buried in the program folder. What was weird is that my computer did not tell me I had a new program installed after I installed the demo. Usally it does. I made a shortcut for it.
CapeCodRPGER is offline   #17 Reply With Quote
CapeCodRPGER

Old January 3rd, 2011, 11:04 AM
Bought full version yesterday. Love it but have a couple of questions.

1. What do the sheild symbols mean next to some kills?
2. Can you configure the print of the sheet so some weapons don't have the full combat stats to save space? A few characters have weapons in portable holes, ect.
CapeCodRPGER is offline   #18 Reply With Quote
shieldknight

Old January 3rd, 2011, 11:38 AM
1. Some skills have an armor check penalty

2. No. Unfortunately you can not reconfigure the printout. This would be a huge bonus if they ever did allow this.
shieldknight is offline   #19 Reply With Quote
CapeCodRPGER

Old January 3rd, 2011, 05:25 PM
One more question, any word on if Lone Wolf will add the page numbers to the spells on print outs? I think that would be very handy.
CapeCodRPGER is offline   #20 Reply With Quote