Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

kunger00

Old May 30th, 2010, 02:33 PM
Possibly more skeleton template errors? (I'm not an expert, so it might be an error on my part).

Making a skeletal hill giant hero. Made a hill giant raced hero, changed the alignment to NE so that I could add the skeleton template. When I did this, it dropped the CR from 7 to 1/6. I think this is an error.

Edit: looking in the Bestiary at the skeleton template, it looks like, with 10 hit dice from hillgiant, it should go to CR 5?

Last edited by kunger00; May 30th, 2010 at 02:54 PM.
kunger00 is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
kunger00

Old May 30th, 2010, 02:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kunger00 View Post
Possibly more skeleton template errors? (I'm not an expert, so it might be an error on my part).

Making a skeletal hill giant hero. Made a hill giant raced hero, changed the alignment to NE so that I could add the skeleton template. When I did this, it dropped the CR from 7 to 1/6. I think this is an error.
And now that I look back on the skeletal dire rat I'm having issues with, I see that it's CR drops from CR1 to CR 1/6.

A skeletal dire rat and a skeletal hill giant intuitively shouldnt be the same CR.

Last edited by kunger00; June 2nd, 2010 at 04:48 AM.
kunger00 is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
Baraccus

Old May 30th, 2010, 09:16 PM
My Giant Trolls for the CoT adventure path did the same. CR1/6
Baraccus is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
klimkin

Old June 2nd, 2010, 10:18 AM
-2 penalty is applied, if medium one-handed sword is used as two-handed sword by small creature. There should be no penalty.

The rule is:
The measure of how much effort it takes to use a weapon (whether the weapon is designated as a light, one-handed, or two-handed weapon for a particular wielder) is altered by one step for each size category of difference between the wielder's size and the size of the creature for which the weapon was designed. For example, a Small creature would wield a Medium one-handed weapon as a two-handed weapon. If a weapon's designation would be changed to something other than light, one-handed, or two-handed by this alteration, the creature can't wield the weapon at all.
klimkin is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
Mindcloud

Old June 2nd, 2010, 12:07 PM
The CR adjustment on the lich template should be +2 not +1.
Mindcloud is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old June 2nd, 2010, 01:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by klimkin View Post
-2 penalty is applied, if medium one-handed sword is used as two-handed sword by small creature. There should be no penalty.

The rule is:
The measure of how much effort it takes to use a weapon (whether the weapon is designated as a light, one-handed, or two-handed weapon for a particular wielder) is altered by one step for each size category of difference between the wielder's size and the size of the creature for which the weapon was designed. For example, a Small creature would wield a Medium one-handed weapon as a two-handed weapon. If a weapon's designation would be changed to something other than light, one-handed, or two-handed by this alteration, the creature can't wield the weapon at all.
That is only part of the rule their is still a cumulative -2 penalty when using a weapon of the wrong size see pfsrd Weapon Sizes.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #16 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old June 2nd, 2010, 01:40 PM
Quote:
Not sure the skeleton HD thing was fixed for all races. My skeletal dire rat still gets an additional HD from the skeleton template.
I'm afraid I can't duplicate this. Yes, there's still an enter HP space for the template, but there's no HD reported to its left, and the HD total listed under the level is "0+1" - 0 class levels+1 racial HD. I'll put removing the HP space on my to-do list.

Last edited by Mathias; June 2nd, 2010 at 02:28 PM. Reason: spelling error
Mathias is offline   #17 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old June 2nd, 2010, 01:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gryndehl View Post
Well, when I pressed the down arrow to reduce INT, it stopped reducing before it got to the correct value and I had to use the adjust tab to get it correct.
I added a level of Wizard to a blank character, selected a familiar for the wizard, and then on the familiar, selected the Cat race. On the abilities tab, I decreased the INT until it wouldn't decrease any further, and it stopped at 6, which is correct for a 1st level wizard. I added 2 more wizard levels, and the familiar's INT went to 7. Wiz 10's familiar had an INT of 10, and Wiz 20 had an INT of 15.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gryndehl View Post
My character is a gnome who was putting barding on his riding dog which is medium. While medium barding weighs the same, it costs double. However even when I bought armor directly on the mount it cost what it would for a humanoid, not a mount. Did not find any checkbox or anything that indicated explicitly that this item is barding.
The race definition for the riding dog was missing the setting that would have told HL to double the armor price. That'll be fixed in the next update, thanks for pointing it out.
Mathias is offline   #18 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old June 2nd, 2010, 02:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Virtue View Post
The large sunblade should be usable one handed its a large shortsword
Actually, the real problem was that a size M sunblade was a 1-handed weapon (like a Bastard Sword), rather than a light weapon like a shortsword. Once that was fixed, HL properly changes a size L sunblade wielded by an M character into a 1-handed weapon.

Thanks for the report, this will be fixed in the next update.
Mathias is offline   #19 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old June 2nd, 2010, 02:21 PM
Quote:

Edit: looking in the Bestiary at the skeleton template, it looks like, with 10 hit dice from hillgiant, it should go to CR 5?
Quote:
And now that I look back on the skeletal dire rat I'm having issues with, I see that it's CR drops from CR1 to CR 1/6.

A skeletal dire rat and a skeletal hill giant intuitively shouldnt be the same CR.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baraccus View Post
My Giant Trolls for the CoT adventure path did the same. CR1/6
You're correct - there's an error in the HD - CR conversion (and embarrassingly, it's correct on the Skeleton Champion, but not for the Skeleton or Zombie templates, so I fixed it in one case a while ago and didn't carry that fix to the other cases).

This'll be fixed in the next update, thanks for the report.
Mathias is offline   #20 Reply With Quote