Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

eeyore1968

Old May 25th, 2016, 11:33 PM
I have a character that I'm working on, and whenever I do anything, an error message pops up:

Quote:
Reference to undeclared variable: 'result'
Location: 'eval' script for Component 'Class' (Eval Script #10) near line 195
It only started doing this after I reloaded it this evening; working on it this afternoon, this didn't happen, and I hadn't changed anything in the character. I assume that this is an error in one of the classes, but how do I tell which one? Where is this error, or how do I look for it.

It's very frustrating, because I'd just spent an hour trying to track down an error that popped up trying to load HL in something ('ioCephalom') that I had never used, nor had I ever used or modified the thing that went missing ('spMindP5FR'). I didn't even have any idea what it was, and using Find Thing turned up nothing when I searched for "Ceph" and "MindP5FR". I had to manually open data files and search through them until I found the Cephalometer and delete it.

Can anyone give me a simple way to try to track down errors like this? And how about a way to prevent things that I've never edited from turning into errors?
eeyore1968 is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
TobyFox2002

Old May 26th, 2016, 04:24 AM
I have posted about this problem several times please see THIS thread for details. This fixes the issue for most people. Some have reported unusual issues with this but for most it works.

I will be releasing a official update to these files within the week which should hopefully address this issue more fully.
TobyFox2002 is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
eeyore1968

Old May 26th, 2016, 03:01 PM
I solved the specific ioCephalom problem by just deleting the item, since I don't use psionics. I'm more concerned with the first problem I listed, as well as trying to find a better way to deal with these issues when they crop up. As far as I can tell, there's no way to figure out where these sorts of problems are when you get an error message.

On the one I'm getting in, now, multiple characters, it's even worse since using New (Copy) of class files to try to find it, you have to recompile the entire system twice before you can look at the scripts. I'm also wondering what class has ten Eval Scripts, including one with 195 lines.
eeyore1968 is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old May 26th, 2016, 03:48 PM
That is coming from a Component script meanings its from in a background script and yes they will have "many" scripts and can be very long (hundreds of lines of code).

As I don't get that issue it means you have something incorrect in your Custom Classes that is causing an issue in a background script. Result usually refers to the "old" way of setting a focus. Meaning that it can't link to something.

You sure all your custom classes are correctly linked to their Class Helpers?

When dealing with HL error it can be very confusing at first. The messages usually give a pretty good idea of "where" something is coming from actually.

IN example spMindP5FR could be found if you a search tool to grep through your .user files. The .user files are just text files meaning you can easily search them. If the "Thing ID" is NOT found in your user files it means the issue is coming from something LW has.

Hope that helps some.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old May 26th, 2016, 03:50 PM
If you really can't find the issue (all classes linked to Class Helpers) my advice is to post your .user file to this thread. I will do my best to take a look at the file this weekend and see if I can track down the issue.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #5 Reply With Quote