Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Aaron

Old August 26th, 2015, 10:18 AM
It sounds like you might be jumping into the deep end here. Are you sure you don't want to tackle something a bit easier to start off with?
Aaron is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
Kronicarn88

Old August 26th, 2015, 10:26 AM
Nah Ive always been too headstrong, and there isnt anything I want to do to any other classes. I really want to play this class so Im willing to the work required. It shouldnt be too hard. Copy the Focus Powers ability from Occultist to my copy. Then rewrite the eval script to reference the Base and additional focus powers back to the Focus Powers ability, while referencing the magic schools as the menu container for said powers, with added code to allow for the selection of additional focus powers at the indicated levels. then rewrite the Mental Focus eval script to allow for Resonant Powers to be usuable again.

I know its probably going to be alot, but im willing to do it. Once I understand what each of the functions and values and tables stand for and how they flow I will get it. Im a pretty fast learner when it comes to stuff like this. Its just eval scripts that are going to be the real learning curve for me.

Edit: I did try creating my own class once, was gonna be a dice thrower that did 1d6 force damage every 2 levels, but I never got the eval script or bootstrapping, but I also never thought to look at the code of a class that had a similar ability, such as the rogue SA or the Alchemist bomb. I usually learn better when I can see how its done in relation to what Im trying to do.

So I should be able to look at how implements, focus powers and mental focus scripts and code flow together and be able to figure it out from there.

Last edited by Kronicarn88; August 26th, 2015 at 10:32 AM.
Kronicarn88 is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old August 26th, 2015, 10:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kronicarn88 View Post
Edit: I did try creating my own class once, was gonna be a dice thrower that did 1d6 force damage every 2 levels, but I never got the eval script or bootstrapping, but I also never thought to look at the code of a class that had a similar ability, such as the rogue SA or the Alchemist bomb. I usually learn better when I can see how its done in relation to what Im trying to do.
This is the best way to learn. Also make sure you go to "Develop->Enable Debugging Tools". That provides lots of means of "seeing" the fields and tags that are on Picks live on a character.

The third video I did some time back on YouTube covers how to use some the Debugging tools. Once I found those it made my life SO much easier.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
Kronicarn88

Old August 26th, 2015, 10:42 AM
Awesome Thanks Shadow. I can't wait to get home and start fiddling with this.
Kronicarn88 is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old August 26th, 2015, 10:42 AM
There is also another video forthcoming from the GenCon seminar this year, though editing that has had to take a backseat to other concerns for now. In my opinion, this year's video is better than last year's, and I go into a bit more detail about eval scripts and what you can do with them.
Aaron is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
Kronicarn88

Old August 26th, 2015, 04:37 PM
Ok so my first question is how do I open the user file for the Occultist Archetype? So I can check the code.

EDIT: Nevermind I found it.

Last edited by Kronicarn88; August 26th, 2015 at 04:52 PM.
Kronicarn88 is offline   #16 Reply With Quote
Kronicarn88

Old August 26th, 2015, 06:32 PM
Ok I would just like to say that was easier then I thought. all I had to do was leave out the tag that replaced secondary Abilities. as I was able to say that my new archetype was referencing the Occultist Class and acted like the Sha'ir Archetype. So after copying the eval scripts, tags and bootstraps of the Sha'ir, I was able to leave everything else the same and it worked.

Thanks all for the info and help.

Now onto creating my own class.... The Gambler..... haha
Kronicarn88 is offline   #17 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old August 26th, 2015, 06:56 PM
A fan of Setzer, are you?
Aaron is offline   #18 Reply With Quote
Kronicarn88

Old August 26th, 2015, 08:37 PM
Unfortunately I don't know who that is.... Lol. I was watching this stupid cartoon called Digata Defenders and got the idea for a class ability where you "roll" dice at your enemies and cause force damage.

It will be a d6, 1/2 BAB with 9th level spells and the dice ability is a ranged touch attack, where at every 5 levels you can either get another dice to roll or up the dice damage 1 step so from like 1d6 to 1d8 or you get 2d6.. Castable spells are only Enchantment, Illusion or (Mind-Affecting) sub school. Uses intelligence for spells and dice damage. I'm gonna redesign some of the Metamagic Feats to be used as a bonus effect on your dice for a penalty to your damage dice. Such as flaring, Bouncing and others.

Edit: having looked up Setzer I now know who you are talking about. I may add something for cards too, but for now it's all about the dice.

Last edited by Kronicarn88; August 26th, 2015 at 08:40 PM.
Kronicarn88 is offline   #19 Reply With Quote