Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Molash

Old June 19th, 2015, 06:50 AM
Good morning.

I have talked my players into purchasing the player version of RW to assist us in our games. The biggest reason is that most of my players are all over the contury. Thus far I have only been able to test it out with two of them and after some experimentation we have figured most of the issues out. With that being said when ever I make sync up my info one of my players Is not getting the new info or the changes. He is stuck in the original info that he synced with.

Has anyone ever run into this and if so how do I fix the issue?

Molash
Molash is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Parody

Old June 19th, 2015, 07:25 AM
Here's the thorough way to force Realm Works Player Edition to sync to the current version of everything:

File a bug report, describing what's going wrong.

Close Realm Works if it's running.

Type this command into the Run (Windows-R, or the Search field on the Start Menu) box or a Command Prompt:
Code:
explorer "%appdata%\LWD Technology, Inc"
You should get an Explorer window with a Realm Works folder. Rename the Realm Works folder to anything else. (You want to keep it in case the LWD folks want to look at something in there.)

Launch Realm Works. You'll need to log in and sync to download everything again, but it will get the current data.

Once LWD deals with your bug report, you can delete your renamed Realm Works folder.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by Parody; June 19th, 2015 at 07:34 AM.
Parody is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old June 19th, 2015, 10:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molash View Post
He is stuck in the original info that he synced with.
This sounds like he is not performing a Sync after you have performed your sync.

He needs to do this each time you sync your changes to the server.
Farling is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Molash

Old June 19th, 2015, 10:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farling View Post
This sounds like he is not performing a Sync after you have performed your sync.

He needs to do this each time you sync your changes to the server.
He is, I had him up on skype and watched him do it. As well as had him completely shut down and restart. Still not working and so far he is the only one it's not working on.
Molash is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old June 19th, 2015, 11:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parody View Post
Here's the thorough way to force Realm Works Player Edition to sync to the current version of everything:

File a bug report, describing what's going wrong.

Close Realm Works if it's running.

Type this command into the Run (Windows-R, or the Search field on the Start Menu) box or a Command Prompt:
Code:
explorer "%appdata%\LWD Technology, Inc"
You should get an Explorer window with a Realm Works folder. Rename the Realm Works folder to anything else. (You want to keep it in case the LWD folks want to look at something in there.)

Launch Realm Works. You'll need to log in and sync to download everything again, but it will get the current data.

Once LWD deals with your bug report, you can delete your renamed Realm Works folder.

Hope this helps.
You can also just delete the realm using the RW UI instead. Allot easier and then just download the whole realm again. I have had to do that a few times on my players versions.

Just FYI..

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old June 19th, 2015, 01:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
You can also just delete the realm using the RW UI instead. Allot easier and then just download the whole realm again. I have had to do that a few times on my players versions.

Just FYI..
** THIS!! ***

But also file the bug report so we can investigate what might be going wrong for your player.
rob is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Parody

Old June 19th, 2015, 01:26 PM
Quote:
Then you'll want to make a copy of your master folder first, so the LWD folks can see it if they want.

I figured his players are only in one realm anyway, so there's not much difference.

Parody is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Molash

Old June 19th, 2015, 04:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob View Post
** THIS!! ***

But also file the bug report so we can investigate what might be going wrong for your player.
So how do I do this and keep all of my information I have I putted into my world?
Molash is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Molash

Old June 19th, 2015, 04:16 PM
Quote:

Just FYI..
So have the player delet the realm?
Molash is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old June 19th, 2015, 04:35 PM
Yes. Have the PLAYER delete his local copy of the realm and then sync it back down from the server. Don't do anything drastic with your realm, as it's fine.

As Parody indicated, have your player first make a backup of his database in case we need to look at it to figure out what the problem is. He can do this via the Tools tab on the Launch Dialog.
rob is offline   #10 Reply With Quote