Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Closed Thread

Sendric

Old April 3rd, 2015, 06:20 AM
There is a herofield for tMaxPerf. Could we, at some point, get a tMaxProf, tMaxKnow and tMaxCraft as well?

Last edited by Sendric; April 3rd, 2015 at 06:32 AM.
Sendric is offline   #91
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old April 3rd, 2015, 10:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sendric View Post
There is a herofield for tMaxPerf. Could we, at some point, get a tMaxProf, tMaxKnow and tMaxCraft as well?
Actually my plan had been to move that into a Pick actually of its own. That way I can easily support different "Bonus" Types.

So then you could set All Perform Pick field of say "Luck Bonus" to give a typed bonus to all Perform skills.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #92
Sendric

Old April 3rd, 2015, 03:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
Actually my plan had been to move that into a Pick actually of its own. That way I can easily support different "Bonus" Types.

So then you could set All Perform Pick field of say "Luck Bonus" to give a typed bonus to all Perform skills.
Ok. The purpose of the request was to have a field that lets me determine what the highest number of ranks are for all perform skills. This would remove the need to use a foreach loop for things like "perform (any) 5 ranks required). What you are suggesting sounds even better.
Sendric is offline   #93
Kendall-DM
Spy

Old April 3rd, 2015, 05:35 PM
Here is how I've been able to set up Spell-Like Abilities in my HL. Even if the Moonbeast depicted here had a spellcasting class, these would still be listed independently and alongside those spells. As you can see, one screenshot is how the spells look when look at spells that can be cast, while the other screenshot just shows the Special tab showing the only way to list the caster level. I have found this to be really much better than a separate tab for Spell-Like Abilities.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SLA001.jpg (317.6 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg SLA002.jpg (359.3 KB, 10 views)
Kendall-DM is offline   #94
ShadowChemosh

Old May 12th, 2015, 05:52 PM
Version 5.5 of the d20 System data files are now available!

Enhancements & Changes
  • Added the wording "Appears In" to all selection lists (ie Feats, Magic Items, Spells) so that it is easy to track which book or source something is added from.
  • Spell selection lists no longer display the class. This allows for each spell to now be linked to multiple classes.
  • New Adjustment "Damage Bonus" gives a damage bonus to all weapons.
  • New Adjustment "Damage Penalty" gives a damage penalty to all weapons.
  • Power Attack feat can now be activated on the "In-Play" tab. Under Tracked Resources is where the amount of a penalty to attack can be set.
  • Barbarian has been redone including its Rage mechanics. In addition all the text of the Barbarian class abilities have been upgraded to the match the SRD.
Bug Fixes
  • Portable Hole is now a container and anything placed inside will not affect the weight of your character.
  • The spell "Torrent of Elemental Rage" from Pathfinder - Legacy of Fire is now correctly set for both Wizard/Sorcerer spell.
  • Fixed natural weapons bootstrapped to wondrous items or Custom Abilities that were tossing errors.
  • Fixed bug where when you equip a manufactured weapon the natural attacks were not automatically becoming secondary attacks. This has been fixed as per the d20 SRD Manufactured Weapons rules.
  • Fixed issue where Activated Abilities were showing up for classes before the class actually gained the ability.
  • Fixed Opportunistic Strike class ability of the Elocator as it was not giving a bonus to hit nor giving the bonus as the right type.
  • All characters are now proficient with their unarmed strikes.
Data File Authoring
  • Spells now have the ability to fill in the Area, Effect, Target, Material Component Text, Material Component Cost, Focus Text, Focus Cost, and XP Cost. This will display on the spells once filled in.
  • Editor tab "Magic->Spell" has been changed to allow selecting multiple classes for a spell instead of only one spell per class.
  • New tag "Hero.HasNatWep" added that allows you to count the tags to see how many natural attacks are on the hero. If a "single" natural attack is found that is primary the damage will be set to do 1.5x Strength damage.
  • Note: Using the tag "Helper.NatTwoHand" - Forces the natural weapon to be treated as a two-handed weapon or 1.5x Str modifier in all cases.
  • Activated Abilities have a new feature. When they are activated they push a new tag of Activated1.? or Activated2.? to the hero at Pre-Levels/1000. The tag will be the unique id of the ability. In example the new Rage ability has a Unique ID of "xRage" when the first activated ability is check marked the hero will get the tag "Activated1.xRage". The 'xRage' pick will get a helper tag of Helper.Activated1 that can be tested for also.
  • "xRage" Thing has been redone to allow outside scripts to adjust its value easily. Value holds Attribute Bonus, Value2 holds Will Save Bonus, Value3 holds Armor Class Penalty, and Value4 holds the Rounds of Rage.
  • Added new "Typed Bonus" fields: BonTrait, PenTrait, and Racial to all Picks.
  • Typed Bonus fields added to the "Damage" pick.
  • New Power Attack damage bonus fields (tDamPowOne & tDamPowTwo) added to the xDamage pick. These allow for adjusting the amount of damage that Power Attack gives.
  • New tag "Helper.PowerAtt1H" - When applied to a weapon allows the power Attack bonus to affect it as if it was a one handed weapon. In example this is set on Unarmed Strikes and Natural Attacks weapons.
  • New tag "Helper.PowerAtt2H" - When applied to a weapon allows the power Attack bonus to affect it as if it was a two handed weapon. Not currently in use but added to allow customization by the community.
  • Editor tab Weapons - Added a check box for turning on the new "Power Attack" helper tags. This way it will be very easy to tell HL if you wish to override the damage bonus Power Attack gives a specific weapon.
  • Editor tab Feats - Changed the wording to match the new In-Play tab settings.
  • Moved the calculation for Attack Bonus to Post-Level/25000 up from Post-Level/7500. This allows more time for scripts running on Class Specials to be able to set a specific attack bonus. Especially since most class scripts should be running at Post-Level/10000.
  • Spells now support the "Helper.Helper" tag and should be added to spells you plan to use only in Bootstrap situations.
  • New tag "Helper.Obsolete" should be added to spells that are being deprecated and obsoleted and you don't want HL to allow this in any situation to be a valid choice. But this will not break any existing characters that are built with the spell.
  • New tag "wGroup.Natural" added and is on all Natural Attacks (ie wBite) this allows an easier method to make sure the weapon is a Natural Attack or to be used in a foreach loop.

Hero Lab Resources:
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #95
Kendall-DM
Spy

Old May 13th, 2015, 09:53 AM
Boom. Man those are quite a few changes. Looks like I've got a bit of work ahead of me. As mentioned before, I will be more than happy to adjust the spells as I get the time.
Kendall-DM is offline   #96
Sendric

Old May 13th, 2015, 11:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendall-DM View Post
Boom. Man those are quite a few changes. Looks like I've got a bit of work ahead of me. As mentioned before, I will be more than happy to adjust the spells as I get the time.
Thanks, Kendall. That's a major project that will need to be coordinated. I am first going to focus on the monster races in preparation for creating .por files as a separate download. If you end up doing any spells, just let me know. Thanks.
Sendric is offline   #97
ShadowChemosh

Old May 13th, 2015, 02:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sendric View Post
Thanks, Kendall. That's a major project that will need to be coordinated. I am first going to focus on the monster races in preparation for creating .por files as a separate download. If you end up doing any spells, just let me know. Thanks.
I think he maybe saying for adding into "core" HL actually not the community.

Yea if I can get some help with inputting the spells from the SRD that would be a great help. Be great to make sure the text is 100% up to date and fill in all the additional information that is missing.

Plus be so nice to do simply set Detect Magic to each class so that we have "one" copy of Detect Magic instead of dozens.

Hero Lab Resources:
ShadowChemosh is offline   #98
Sendric

Old May 13th, 2015, 05:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
I think he maybe saying for adding into "core" HL actually not the community.
Fine. Be that way.

Quote:
Yea if I can get some help with inputting the spells from the SRD that would be a great help. Be great to make sure the text is 100% up to date and fill in all the additional information that is missing.

Plus be so nice to do simply set Detect Magic to each class so that we have "one" copy of Detect Magic instead of dozens.
Yes. That would be awesomesauce.
Sendric is offline   #99
JustinThomason

Old May 13th, 2015, 06:58 PM
Excellent additions! I love the Power Attack in-play option.

However, It seems to have a bug - the addition to the damage works perfectly, but it does not apply the negative to attack.

For the time being it will be a help on the damage side of things, and I can do the simple math when I make an attack, but I wanted to make everyone aware.
JustinThomason is offline   #100
Closed Thread