Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > Hero Lab Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Zandel

Old October 14th, 2014, 05:11 AM
Every time I update versions of Hero Labs through the updater, it asks me for my license key at the end. When I enter it, I get the early re-assignment message and have to go through a wait while Lone Wolf Re-assigns my license. This is extremely frustrating, there has to be a way to bypass the check when doing an update.

Please offer suggestions, it is making me never want to update.

Thanks
Zandel is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
nullPointer

Old October 14th, 2014, 06:44 AM
Are you using the same key on multiple computers?
The core HL licence allows for two computers to use the same license, but its a different key for each computer
You can get your distinct keys via the license administration area on Lone Wolf's website
nullPointer is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Zandel

Old October 14th, 2014, 06:55 AM
No I am not, I have other keys that are linked to the main one but the main one is only on one computer
Zandel is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old October 14th, 2014, 09:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zandel View Post
No I am not, I have other keys that are linked to the main one but the main one is only on one computer
If you are using unique keys then you need to contact support@wolflair.com to get help. This is NOT the normal HL behavior at all. I have used HL for many years and never been asked for my license to be reassigned.

The other common issue is that you are changing hardware items allot? Often in Windows changing a video card causes the system to generate a new "id" for itself.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Zandel

Old October 14th, 2014, 09:50 AM
nope same hardware, and I did contact them for the reassignment, to me the issue is more that I keep having to, I put that in my email, but hoping someone from the team see's this post too
Zandel is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old October 14th, 2014, 10:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zandel View Post
nope same hardware, and I did contact them for the reassignment, to me the issue is more that I keep having to, I put that in my email, but hoping someone from the team see's this post too
Sorry meant to say put in an email explaining that you have to keep doing the re-assignment. State the licenses you are using and on which machines. Also cover that you are not changing hardware and ask for help figuring out "why" it keeps asking. As it covers private information support does not always like to handle these over forums.

As mentioned its not normal so something "unique" is happening with your PC to cause this issue.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Zandel

Old October 14th, 2014, 10:19 AM
Zandel is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
nullPointer

Old October 14th, 2014, 10:53 AM
We understand that your issue is that you keep having to contact them for reassignment

What we're asking you to do is to contact them not for reassignment, but to ask them help you figure out what the problem is, and why you need to keep contacting them
As ShadowChemosh said, licensing is private and can contain private/privileged data, so its not something safe to discuss on a public forum

When you contact them directly for assistance, inxlude the details about what hardware you're using, and which specific license keys you're using for each computer
nullPointer is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Zandel

Old October 14th, 2014, 12:28 PM
I intend to, thank you
Zandel is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
liz
Ex-Staff
Lone Wolf Staff

Old October 14th, 2014, 01:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nullPointer View Post
We understand that your issue is that you keep having to contact them for reassignment

What we're asking you to do is to contact them not for reassignment, but to ask them help you figure out what the problem is, and why you need to keep contacting them
As ShadowChemosh said, licensing is private and can contain private/privileged data, so its not something safe to discuss on a public forum

When you contact them directly for assistance, inxlude the details about what hardware you're using, and which specific license keys you're using for each computer
Here I am, checking the forums, and I see you handled everything for me. Thanks nullPointer and ShadowChemosh.

Zandel, if you send us an email, we can definitely look into it.
liz is offline   #10 Reply With Quote