Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Closed Thread

GenkiZero

Send a message via AIM to GenkiZero Send a message via Yahoo to GenkiZero

Old February 15th, 2014, 08:21 PM
I've noticed something as I play and build my Artificer. By the Eberron book, and the actual description of Metamagic Spell Trigger, in theory the class receives this ability on 6th level, but the progression on the Data Set unlocks this ability on the 7th level.

Was this intentional, perhaps, as part of the conversion to Pathfinder, or was it just an oversight?

Also, many many thanks for these sets!
GenkiZero is offline   #641
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old February 16th, 2014, 09:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by book1monte View Post
I am not the most computer savvy, I have tried to get Psionics Unleashed using the steps at the beginning of this thread but it is not showing up after I start Pathfinder in hero lab. I have all the necessary content on my license and I added the new source URL link. Is there a step by step guide I have missed? "Sorry if this sounds ridiculous, I am not extremely versed in this type of computer usage."
I am sorry I missed this post from a week ago. Sometimes the forums does not make things as "unread" for me and I miss stuff. My bad.

Anyways the PDF listed in the first post is pretty much step by step. Make sure you follow each step all the way through number 10. Once done with step 10 you can restart and on the Configure Your Hero is the Psionics Unleashed "book/source" you need to activate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgmendez View Post
Just some things that I found while helping one of my players build a Dragonrider from SGG.

The gold dragon mount seems to have a couple of errors that seem to stem from possibly a copy and paste situation. The alignment is set to be Chaotic Good as opposed to the Lawful Good it should be, and the Natural Armor bonus is set at +2 rather than the +7 it should be. These seem to be what the brass dragon has. Its an easy fix, but I thought I would let you guys know so it can be updated in the main data file.

I don't know if there is anything else, but I did catch these. By the way, thanks for all the work you guys do.
Thanks for the bug report will make sure this is fixed for the next release.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenkiZero View Post
I've noticed something as I play and build my Artificer. By the Eberron book, and the actual description of Metamagic Spell Trigger, in theory the class receives this ability on 6th level, but the progression on the Data Set unlocks this ability on the 7th level.

Was this intentional, perhaps, as part of the conversion to Pathfinder, or was it just an oversight?

Also, many many thanks for these sets!
The last official Errata for Eberron that I know of is 2/6/2006. In it is errata for Metamagic Spell Trigger:
Page 32: Artificer—Metamagic Spell Trigger
The artificer gets the metamagic spell trigger ability at 7th level, not 6th level. Both the text and the table are incorrect.

So when I did Eberron I included the latest Errata changes also.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #642
ShadowChemosh

Old February 17th, 2014, 05:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
d20pfsrd - Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting (vX.XX)
The community has been hard at work inputting material from Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting and the Skills and Powers books. It is now ready for everyone to unleash in there games!
v1.8 - February 17, 2014
-Unlinked the Psionics Unleashed package from Forgotten Realms. In the future if you want Psionics please download the package separately.
-This also prepares everyone for the new Ultimate Psionics.

Its looking good for a new release of v2.0 of Psionics Unleashed when LW releases their next version this month.

Also wanted to mention that with v2.0 all Spells/Powers will be wiped/removed from your character when you load the .por file. So my advice is a make a Paper Backup copy of your powers or make a pdf of your powers and save it. This way you can easily add back your powers when the new version comes out. Sorry about that...

Hero Lab Resources:
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #643
Mergon

Old February 17th, 2014, 09:36 PM
After installing the latest Forgotten Realms update I now get the following error messages:

The data files could not be loaded due to errors. Hero Lab will now attempt to load them in recovery mode. Once loaded, you can access the editor as normal to correct any errors.

The following errors occurred:

File: PFRPG_Psionics_Unleashed.user (line 4842) - Thing - Duplicate record encountered ('spKnowDL1')
File: PFRPG_Psionics_Unleashed.user (line 6504) - Thing - Duplicate record encountered ('spChamele1')
File: PFRPG_Psionics_Unleashed.user (line 6694) - Thing - Duplicate record encountered ('spConAmoG3')
File: PFRPG_Psionics_Unleashed.user (line 8742) - Thing - Duplicate record encountered ('spMetaPhC1')

Watch your back, Conserve your ammo,
and NEVER cut a deal with a dragon!
Mergon is offline   #644
ShadowChemosh

Old February 17th, 2014, 10:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mergon View Post
After installing the latest Forgotten Realms update I now get the following error messages:

The data files could not be loaded due to errors. Hero Lab will now attempt to load them in recovery mode. Once loaded, you can access the editor as normal to correct any errors.

The following errors occurred:

File: PFRPG_Psionics_Unleashed.user (line 4842) - Thing - Duplicate record encountered ('spKnowDL1')
File: PFRPG_Psionics_Unleashed.user (line 6504) - Thing - Duplicate record encountered ('spChamele1')
File: PFRPG_Psionics_Unleashed.user (line 6694) - Thing - Duplicate record encountered ('spConAmoG3')
File: PFRPG_Psionics_Unleashed.user (line 8742) - Thing - Duplicate record encountered ('spMetaPhC1')
Opps.. Anyways v1.9 fixes this issue... Thanks for letting me know...

Hero Lab Resources:
ShadowChemosh is offline   #645
Rhallan

Old February 21st, 2014, 04:50 PM
I have been getting this error -

Critical information not found in data files: Source 'Way of the Wicked AP'

This worked in January, but suddenly isn't. Any ideas? I have done a re-install.
Rhallan is offline   #646
Korlen

Old February 21st, 2014, 08:10 PM
I found another bug in the Way of the Wicked files. Not certain which book this time.

True Vampirism feat is not working properly. The skill bonuses gained at this feat are +8 across the board, failing to take into account that parts of that +8 vampires receive are given earlier in the Path of the Vampire feats. The ability points are not given at all when this feat is selected. I think everything else is okay.

The workaround for this is to add an Adjustment of -5 to the feat total, removing the Path of the Vampire feats (The Bitten, The Dying, The Risen, The Initiated, True Vampirism), and adding the Vampire template. You may have to temporarily remove your highest level to add Vampire.
Korlen is offline   #647
Nanan00

Old February 23rd, 2014, 05:54 AM
I just noticed that the Tormentor Devil shows up in the eidolon race box and that it is from the CB - Tome of Horrors package but upon inspecting it I do not see anything that jumps out as saying it is an eidolon race.

http://imgur.com/biBfrJe

I just deleted the demon from the PFRPG_Tome_of_Horrors_frumple.user file and it no longer shows up in the races box.

Last edited by Nanan00; February 23rd, 2014 at 05:59 AM.
Nanan00 is offline   #648
Bidmaron

Old February 23rd, 2014, 05:58 AM
Has anyone ever done PFRPG conversions for the many 3.5 Prestige Classes available? (I'm not talking setting-specific, which would, I presume, be covered by things like Dark Sun or Forgotten Realms)
Bidmaron is offline   #649
ShadowChemosh

Old February 23rd, 2014, 01:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhallan View Post
I have been getting this error -

Critical information not found in data files: Source 'Way of the Wicked AP'

This worked in January, but suddenly isn't. Any ideas? I have done a re-install.
That's a little odd. Did you have the CB or CPP installed at one point and then removed it? Are you getting this when you load Pathfinder or when you load a specific .por file?

If this is a specific .por file feel free to email it to me so I can take a quick look. Email is my Forum User ID at yahoo dot com.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korlen View Post
I found another bug in the Way of the Wicked files. Not certain which book this time.

True Vampirism feat is not working properly. The skill bonuses gained at this feat are +8 across the board, failing to take into account that parts of that +8 vampires receive are given earlier in the Path of the Vampire feats. The ability points are not given at all when this feat is selected. I think everything else is okay.

The workaround for this is to add an Adjustment of -5 to the feat total, removing the Path of the Vampire feats (The Bitten, The Dying, The Risen, The Initiated, True Vampirism), and adding the Vampire template. You may have to temporarily remove your highest level to add Vampire.
Thanks for the bug report.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanan00 View Post
I just noticed that the Tormentor Devil shows up in the eidolon race box and that it is from the CB - Tome of Horrors package but upon inspecting it I do not see anything that jumps out as saying it is an eidolon race.

http://imgur.com/biBfrJe

I just deleted the demon from the PFRPG_Tome_of_Horrors_frumple.user file and it no longer shows up in the races box.
Thanks for the bug report.

Hero Lab Resources:
ShadowChemosh is offline   #650
Closed Thread