Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Grimmric

Old December 17th, 2013, 12:52 AM
I am a newbie with Hero Labs but love it so much.
I have a couple of questions. And if there is no solution, then my questions goes into a wish-list.
And my first character I use it on is an Elf Alchemist. Just telling, because some of the questions might be specific.
Here goes.

1) If I find stuff I don’t want to carry around but still want to keep. Like in a house in town for example.
Can I register it somewhere? I might not want to carry a cursed helm I found, but want it on display in my house. Things I want to keep in the house could be magic weapons I don’t use but don’t want to sell, a full alchemy lab, throne, stuffed dragons head, books found in an enemies library, a lot of scrolls and potions, spellbook (I use a travelling spellbook) and so on.
The encumbrance would be misleading if I write it on my hero.

2) I love the summary and it’s an easy way to see, for example, how much a weapon do when I add power attack or point blank shot.
But I would like to be able to decide what weapon I see in summary and which weapon to hide.
I have bow, sword and bombs that I want to see.
But I don’t want to see blunt arrows, silver arrows, cold iron arrows and normal arrows in the summary. I will never fight with those in hand-to-hand combat. It shows four posts with a 1d4 damage.
Same with unarmed. I want it in the tab for reference but not in summary.
Maybe a checkbox “Don’t show in summary”?

3) As it doesn’t exist an app for android, I use my small computer with a 10” screen.
It doesn’t take up too much room on the table.
But as I can only see 3 columns of summary on screen I need to hide and rearrange summary every time I play.
It would be nice to have a possibility to load a “summary profile”.
Then I can start my session just showing basic, weapons and skills summary.
It’s not a big deal, but it would be a nice feature.

Thanks in advance

Grimmric
Grimmric is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Angela2013

Old December 17th, 2013, 09:24 AM
1) I created a hireling named Storehouse (once you choose him you can change his name to whatever you want). He has no class, no race, etc. He is just a place to store things. Once you have chosen him just click the bag icon on the item you don't want to carry and Give To Storehouse (or whatever). This way none of the items appear under your item heading but they do appear on Storehouse's stat black or you can print out the sheet for Storehouse. With Storehouse being a separate entity you can keep notes about the place on its character sheet.

Some days I don't know why I bother to chew through the restraints.
Angela2013 is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old December 17th, 2013, 09:29 AM
1) The third item on the list of gear to purchase is named "-Custom Location-" Once you've added that, you can rename it "Home", or whatever location it is, and then move the gear there.
Mathias is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old December 17th, 2013, 10:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimmric View Post
2) I love the summary and it’s an easy way to see, for example, how much a weapon do when I add power attack or point blank shot.
But I would like to be able to decide what weapon I see in summary and which weapon to hide.
My Adjustments addon has an adjustment called "Weapon Hide" & "Weapon Hide on Print out" that can hide a weapon always or on a character sheet only.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Grimmric

Old December 17th, 2013, 10:47 AM
Thank you all.
Very good information.
I got my answer for number 1 really quick.
Custom Location was exacly what I was looking for.
I will also try your file, ShadowChemosh, and see what it will do.
It looks promising though.
Grimmric is offline   #5 Reply With Quote