View Single Post
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old February 8th, 2013, 02:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quintain View Post
Having just purchased the 3.5 OGL package, I noticed that d20 psionics (power points, feats, augmentation mechanics) seems to be enabled and working properly.

Is there any technical reason why this same .user package can't be used in Pathfinder to support 3pp (Dreamscarred press) psionics?
Yes many as d20 HL and Pathfinder HL are NOT the same software. Under the covers they do many many things differently and have vastly gone down different development paths.

Also the one problem is that d20 has no way to output Powers to any paper character sheet. Either custom or the built in one. So even if I did get the d20 stuff to work, and I have already researched into it, it would be useless for anyone using Pen and Paper. Read THIS post and the next several as I cover allot of the different issues in detail and what the current goal of PSU is.

The other major reason being LW has already said that if Paizo does Psionics then the frame work/skeleton will be changed to work with Paizo's rules not PSU rules which are pretty close to 3.5.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #2 Reply With Quote