Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Lonewolf147

Old February 10th, 2013, 06:12 AM
I just noticed this (not sure when it started) but whenever I go to load a stock Rappan Athuk hero/monster, they are all listed showing Missing Source. When I load them I get a different error for each person.

How can I figure out what source I'm missing? I don't believe I had any missing sources when I first installed the RA files after getting them from Kickstarter.
Lonewolf147 is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old February 11th, 2013, 07:43 AM
In Hero Lab, when you see error messages, you can right-click them and copy them, then paste them here. Seeing the exact error message would be helpful.

If you click through this error, are there any problems making use of these monsters? Normally, missing source errors are glitches that can be ignored (although if I know exactly what the message is, I can stop it from happening in the next update).
Mathias is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Skeeter Green

Old February 11th, 2013, 08:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewolf147 View Post
I just noticed this (not sure when it started) but whenever I go to load a stock Rappan Athuk hero/monster, they are all listed showing Missing Source. When I load them I get a different error for each person.

How can I figure out what source I'm missing? I don't believe I had any missing sources when I first installed the RA files after getting them from Kickstarter.
I have also sent this to the Deep Cave Frogs, so we should hear something soon.

Skeeter Green
Frog God Games
Skeeter Green is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Eleanora

Old February 11th, 2013, 08:25 AM
To echo Mathias, it would be helpful to see the error message.

Deep Cave Frog
Eleanora is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Dragnmoon

Old February 11th, 2013, 03:04 PM
Have you installed the update for Rappan Athuk?

Rappan Athuk Source fix with version 7.7 Pathfinder files
Dragnmoon is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Lonewolf147

Old February 11th, 2013, 05:13 PM
Here's a couple of the different error messages from a random selection of monsters:

Bone Warriors (Falcata)
One or more required sources are not accessible for hero 'Bone Warriors (Falcata)'. Subsequent errors may be the result of this problem.

Arach
One or more required sources are not accessible for hero 'Arach'. Subsequent errors may be the result of this problem.
Pick 'rFGArach' has been orphaned due to missing thing in batch '519'
Chained pick 'skKnowDun' has been orphaned due to missing bootstrap in batch '519'
Chained pick 'wBite' has been orphaned due to missing bootstrap in batch '519'
Chained pick 'wSlam' has been orphaned due to missing bootstrap in batch '519'

Wererat Warrior
One or more required sources are not accessible for hero 'Wererat Warrior'. Subsequent errors may be the result of this problem.

Oil Shark
One or more required sources are not accessible for hero 'Oil Shark'. Subsequent errors may be the result of this problem.
Pick 'rFGOilSha' has been orphaned due to missing thing in batch '506'
Chained pick 'wBite' has been orphaned due to missing bootstrap in batch '506'

Dragnmoon, yes, I did install the fix a few weeks back when it came out. Thanks for double checking though.
Lonewolf147 is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Eleanora

Old February 12th, 2013, 06:50 AM
Thanks! We're working on it

DCF
Eleanora is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Umarian

Old February 12th, 2013, 10:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewolf147 View Post
Arach
One or more required sources are not accessible for hero 'Arach'. Subsequent errors may be the result of this problem.
Pick 'rFGArach' has been orphaned due to missing thing in batch '519'
Chained pick 'skKnowDun' has been orphaned due to missing bootstrap in batch '519'
Chained pick 'wSlam' has been orphaned due to missing bootstrap in batch '519'

Wererat Warrior
One or more required sources are not accessible for hero 'Wererat Warrior'. Subsequent errors may be the result of this problem.

Oil Shark
One or more required sources are not accessible for hero 'Oil Shark'. Subsequent errors may be the result of this problem.
Pick 'rFGOilSha' has been orphaned due to missing thing in batch '506'
Chained pick 'wBite' has been orphaned due to missing bootstrap in batch '506'
Lonewolf,

It looks like you are attempting to open a stock file from the Tome of Horrors Complete (ToHC) dataset, without the ToHC license. While some of the creatures reappear in RA and ToHC, looking at the IDs (rFGOilSha) tells me that you are opening the ToHC version.
Umarian is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Lonewolf147

Old February 13th, 2013, 06:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umarian View Post
Lonewolf,

It looks like you are attempting to open a stock file from the Tome of Horrors Complete (ToHC) dataset, without the ToHC license. While some of the creatures reappear in RA and ToHC, looking at the IDs (rFGOilSha) tells me that you are opening the ToHC version.
That's interesting, as each one of those were selected from the 'Stock Heroes' that were listed starting with FGG. You're right that I don't have the ToHC license but that shouldn't affect every FGG monster should it?

Here's some screen shots:

Lonewolf147 is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Umarian

Old February 13th, 2013, 08:05 AM
If you notice, on the "Choose Stock Portfolio" window you pasted, there are monsters listed as "FGG Miscellaneous Monster", "FGG Monsters (Xxxx)" and "FGG Rappan Athuk Xxxx". The only stock files that the RA dataset gives you is the "FGG Rappan Athuk Xxxx" ones. The others are a part of the ToHC license.
Umarian is offline   #10 Reply With Quote