Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Closed Thread

Theocrat

Send a message via Skype™ to Theocrat

Old September 6th, 2010, 08:00 PM
Shadow -
War Trained - as noted in the d20PFSRD FAQ (see the post referenced in that FAQ) that it grants only the light armor proficiency. However, HL grants all three armor proficiencies with that training. The Riding Dog should only get the one. Animal Companions don't get any of the armor prof's - yet they do in HL.
Mathias stated that until it was cleared up officially in the FAQ (not quite as updated) he wasn't going to change this. This is a major concern - and should be fixed.
How can this be done.

Theocrat Issak
Las Vegas Lodge Gaming Agent
PFSTheocrat@gmail.com
Theocrat is offline   #41
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old September 6th, 2010, 08:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theocrat View Post
Mathias stated that until it was cleared up officially in the FAQ (not quite as updated) he wasn't going to change this. This is a major concern - and should be fixed. How can this be done.
I have not had allot of need to look at how HL handles the animals or familiars yet so I can't actually give an answer right now. It is something that has been on my own to do list as I need to change for my own game. So when I do I will be sure to let you know or I am sort of hoping I can do some type of adjustment or something that can just remove those feats.

Also sort of hoping that Paizo gets around to releasing more FAQ or errata stuff so that HL can just do it for us.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.

Last edited by ShadowChemosh; September 6th, 2010 at 09:09 PM.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #42
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old September 7th, 2010, 09:27 AM
I'm not saying I won't be adding these, I'm only saying that as long as Paizo's started making FAQs for their books, lets give them 2 weeks or so to get more accomplished before wading in there to see what needs to be changed. If nothing's happened, I'll take a look at these questions again.

In the animal tricks tab of the editor, make a copy of the Combat Riding trick, and note that its Id is "triComRide" - give your copy a new Id, like "triComRdA", and put the original Id in the "Replaces Thing Id" box on the right.

Now, go to the "Weapon/Armor Groups" option, and unselect medium and heavy armor. Save this, go to the main HL window, and press ctrl-r for a quick reload. The Combat Riding trick will now only grant light armor proficiency, including the Cavalier's mount, which gains Combat Riding as a pre-trained trick.
Mathias is offline   #43
Theocrat

Old September 7th, 2010, 11:10 AM
If I do it this way, and you come along and 'fix' it - will I need to re-edit it back, or will your fix overwrite my modification?

Theocrat Issak
PFSTheocrat@gmail.com
Theocrat is offline   #44
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old September 7th, 2010, 12:34 PM
No, your fix will over-write my fix. I'd actually recommend making this change the only thing in the user file. That way, once the official copy is fixed, all you need to do is delete that single file, and there's no confusion.
Mathias is offline   #45
Theocrat

Old September 7th, 2010, 03:40 PM
I loaded the Scout that someone did. It doesn't have a source checked, so it automatically loads, granting even my PFS character the 'accidental' opportunity to take the class. I went in and added a new source for the class so that I would have to check mark that class /source as being acceptable in configure hero. However, when I did so, I unchecked the Scout source for my PFS character, but it seemed that I was still able to choose the Scout class. When two classes have the same name, I don't want to accidently take the 'wrong class'.
I see this also with the new Savage Tide Feats. These are not legal in PFS play, yet without a reference for me to be able to check or un-check the source - I need to me more discriminate in which things I begin to add to HL. I think everything should have a source for which I can have the option to check or un-check for each character. I realize that the feat is 'greyed out' and the red note that says 'not legal for PFS' - but if I had the option to mark it in the character source, I wouldn't even see it as a feat.
I also noticed that there was a check for Golarion Languages in the character editor - is this why when I've checked it and my Languages of Golarion v2 that I often have two of a named language?
I can see this happening as more people add in classes, races, skills, traits, feats and such - when Super Genius Games gets their Magnus entered into HL, we'll have this issue with the Ultimate Magic Magnus.
Issak

Theocrat Issak
PFSTheocrat@gmail.com

Last edited by Theocrat; September 7th, 2010 at 03:48 PM. Reason: More Source Codes Please
Theocrat is offline   #46
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old September 7th, 2010, 03:49 PM
Did you assign the source you created to the part of the class on the "Class" tab, or the "Class Level" tab? It belongs on the "Class Level" or on both.

If you've added other languages, and we've added those same languages since then, then yes, you should expect to see two different copies of that language.
Mathias is offline   #47
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old September 7th, 2010, 04:15 PM
Hello All,

New Updates.

Latest Updates 9/7/2010
  • New PFRPG_AnimalCompanionArmorRAW.user v1.0. I created the replacement for Animal Companion's to only give Light Armor proficiency to Cavalier mounts at level 1 and to no one else. I am in agreement with why HL is wanting to wait for official word so I am not calling this anything other than my own Houserule. If you wish to have animal companions work this way also then add this .user. Their is NO special source for this as its a replacement Thing so to use the core HL version you will have to remove the .user file. This is in the zMisc folder.
  • New PFRPG_Human_Ethnicities.user v1.0 by TemporalVengeance. Adds a Background option for different Human ethnicities that can be selected and correctly gives the correct language as a bonus language. Currently needs to have both "Use Factions/Backgrounds" and the "Kingmaker AP" selected in rules options. This will change when the languages in the Kingmaker AP are added to the Golarian languages rule option on the next update. This is in the Pathfinder Campaign Setting folder.
Download at d20pfsrd.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #48
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old September 7th, 2010, 04:33 PM
The Hallit and Skald languages that were previously in the Kingmaker source were moved to Languages of Golarion in v4.4
Mathias is offline   #49
Theocrat

Old September 8th, 2010, 04:41 PM
I'm doing a personalized spell compendium from various 3.5 3PP, called Renegade Eldritch, using Mongoose's Renegade Wizards Spellbook, Monte Cook's Eldritch Might and Necromancer's Eldritch Sorcery and some other sources from WotC that aren't part of their Spell Compendium. Just spells that I want added to my spellbook options.
However, one thing I noticed was that in the fan created Spell Compendium data set, there is a new spell for each class that casts a spell. So for a 1st level ABC spell, that is Brd1, Sor1/Wiz1 there are three entries for the spell, with only the Bard checked in the classes/domains edit box. The Unique ID would be spABCbd1 and for the Sorcer it would only have Sorcerer checked and the ID would be spABCsr1 and the Wizard would be the same - it's own unique spell ID.
However, I noticed - and I'm not sure if it's just Wolflair content or not, other spells not from the Spell Compendium won't do this. XYZ will have Bard, Sorcerer and Wizard checked in the box and only one Unique ID for all three.
I've created half a dozen spells so far - and for each that exists, I've had to create at least two (Sorcerer/Wizard). Can I just check mark all that can cast that spell.
I think that if the above is possible, I still might need to create a second spell if one is Bard 2, Sorcerer/Wizard 1 because its a differnet spell level for the Bard.

Thank you, I appreciate any clarifications.
Issak

Theocrat Issak
PFSTheocrat@gmail.com
Theocrat is offline   #50
Closed Thread