Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

EightBitz

Old August 6th, 2016, 11:35 PM
Not sure if this is a Hero Lab error or a PEBKAC error, but according to the Gunslinger description, they get a bonus feat at 4th level, and every four levels thereafter. Here's the quote from the description:

"At 4th level, and every four levels thereafter, a gunslinger gains a bonus feat in addition to those gained by normal advancement. These bonus feats must be combat or grit feats."

Source: http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/base-classes/gunslinger

I was working with a player today to create a level 20 Gunslinger, and if I'm reading this description correctly, he should have had five selectable feats above and beyond the 10 feats that any other character would have had, but I didn't see any ability to add these in Hero Lab without invoking validation errors.

Am I missing something?
EightBitz is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
psych777

Old August 7th, 2016, 02:50 AM
are you looking for the bonus feats on the Gunslinger tab? that's where the bonus feats are listed when i look.
psych777 is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
EightBitz

Old August 7th, 2016, 06:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psych777 View Post
are you looking for the bonus feats on the Gunslinger tab? that's where the bonus feats are listed when i look.
Yep. They're not there. We'll, OK, there's one. But only one. Not five.
EightBitz is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
TheIronGolem

Old August 7th, 2016, 08:32 AM
Did you take any Dares for this character? Dares reduce the number of bonus feats available because they are taken in place of bonus feats.
TheIronGolem is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old August 7th, 2016, 08:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EightBitz View Post
Yep. They're not there. We'll, OK, there's one. But only one. Not five.
I just tested in a data set without any .user files and I have 5 feats at level 20. My advice would be to install a 2nd pathfinder data set without user files and test.

You sure you didn't apply an archetype that removes bonus feats? I mean we are having to do wild guesses as you are providing enough info or the .por file.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
EightBitz

Old August 7th, 2016, 10:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
I just tested in a data set without any .user files and I have 5 feats at level 20. My advice would be to install a 2nd pathfinder data set without user files and test.

You sure you didn't apply an archetype that removes bonus feats? I mean we are having to do wild guesses as you are providing enough info or the .por file.
Right, at this point, before I was going to ask anyone "Hey, look at my por file, and tell me what I did wrong," I was just wondering, at a basic level, if this was a legit error. When I asked, "am I missing something?" I meant, "am I misunderstanding the rules?"

I should have made that more clear. Given the responses that it was not a legit error, I retraced my steps in creating the character, going step by step and checking the feat count, I was able to find what I did wrong.

When we went to the Gunslinger tab, there's an option to add dares. The player hadn't read the rules about dares, and I wrongly assumed that if they're listed separately, they're counted separately, so I incorrectly told him, "Well they're there, so you can have them if you want them."

Turns out, they are counted as feats.
EightBitz is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
EightBitz

Old August 7th, 2016, 10:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronGolem View Post
Did you take any Dares for this character? Dares reduce the number of bonus feats available because they are taken in place of bonus feats.
Yes. Sorry, I missed your reply earlier. But as you see from my previous reply, that was indeed the issue. Thanks.
EightBitz is offline   #7 Reply With Quote