Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
theparadox

Old February 12th, 2016, 03:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbs666 View Post
This is really starting to get to me.
<Beware rant ahead>
LWD is not Microsoft. People spent a fairly small amount of money for a piece of software that does something that literally no other software had ever done before. But they're not happy that the roll out is slow and the software has had bugs? Really just how entitled are people?

Then people are complaining about cloud service, no one has been charged a single dime for it yet and no one has even had the clock on their free time end yet. We still don't even know what LWD will charge for the service and still people are finding reasons to complain.

I'm just glad the guys at Lone Wolf are passionate about Realm Works because stuff like this could really sour a coder on the work they were doing. I've been there.
<end rant>

To LWD, I use RW a lot and love it. Do not listen to the naysayers I doubt anything could make them happy.
Perhaps I'm terrible at communicating? I stated, repeatedly, that I am aware that no promises were made regarding a timetable on new features. My highest criticism is specifically that their website does not reflect the current timetable and priority of the dev team. As far as the cloud service goes, my biggest criticism again is that their live web site does not accurately reflect the state of their cloud service. There is information regarding the beginning of services clock starting on Nov 18 and last I checked there was nothing indicating the year (2014!) or current "refrozen" state of the cloud service clock. I shouldn't have to do any more research to figure out that my cloud service isn't running out in two months. I'm ecstatic that I motivated staff to make an official clarification post in the forums but this should be clear on the site detailing their product!

Regarding bugs I submit bug reports when my errors occur, at least the first two or three times the error is thrown in a session. I'm not abandoning the program or claiming that the dev team isn't passionate, doesn't care, or can't pull it off. It simply turns me off when I have major errors the first few times I really start to use it. I'm more concerned concerned that there isn't a higher priority on communication (at least through their website). Even if it is accurately posted somewhere, it shouldn't then also be inaccurately posted somewhere else.

If they want to make money and grow their software and their service, conflicting information on their website is NOT the way to do it and I'd rather they get their act together regarding this sort of thing. I want them to succeed. I desperately want someone to release software like this. If nobody mentions it or if the devs only listen to people like you who just brush off any criticism as whining from naysayers who'll never be happy, those who do not bother to raise the issue will just leave and potential customers will be lost.
theparadox is offline   #19 Reply With Quote