Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Closed Thread

Solonar

Old December 19th, 2011, 10:59 AM
In attempting to create a Magus with the Kensai archetype, there appears to be a scripting (possibly timing?) issue with Armor Proficiency (Light), as it will not allow that feat to be possessed, even when added from another class or entered in under the adjustment tab.

Addition: Once the Kensai archetype is selected, the character also cannot learn the feat Martial Weapon Proficiency (All), even when another class is taken (such as fighter).

I'm sure I could create an alternate Kensai archetype that wouldn't have these errors, but I would like to see them fixed in an update.

Last edited by Solonar; January 5th, 2012 at 11:20 AM.
Solonar is offline   #111
fnord

Old December 20th, 2011, 07:06 PM
The ninja ki pool should default to using charisma. The rule is, when you pick up a 2nd class with a ki pool, at that point you choose what stat to use for ki from then on.

Currently, it looks like ninjas are just cloning the monk ki pool which uses wisdom, but that should only be possible if you multiclass with monk and explicitly choose wisdom.
fnord is offline   #112
Eretas

Old December 20th, 2011, 08:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedarkelf007 View Post
I still have unwitting ally appear on my wizard spells tab. not too important, but it is confusing players who are trying to use the tool in game.
If you create a new character, they will not have this error, but the only way to remove this from characters created back when the error existed is to manually edit the XML of the saved portfolio. My email address is my user name here, @wolflair.com. if you'd like me to fix that character for you.

I have that same error on all my players characters. Where is the XML files you talked about? Is it simple to edit?
Eretas is offline   #113
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old December 20th, 2011, 08:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eretas View Post
I have that same error on all my players characters. Where is the XML files you talked about? Is it simple to edit?
The .por or character files are XML and can be edited using Notepad. Before doing something like that make sure you make backup copies as its easy to break the .por so it never loads again.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #114
Pezmerga

Old December 20th, 2011, 08:58 PM
It is currently not allowing someone to take levels in dragon disciple if they are a crossblooded sorcerer, even with one of the bloodlines being draconic.
Pezmerga is offline   #115
Eretas

Old December 21st, 2011, 10:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
The .por or character files are XML and can be edited using Notepad. Before doing something like that make sure you make backup copies as its easy to break the .por so it never loads again.
Understand... But what am I looking for in the XML file... Cannot find Any occurrence of "unwitting"

EDIT: Looking for that string : <pick thing="spUnwiAll0" index="481" batchindex="434" refcount="0" default="yes"></pick> then delete it?

EDIT 2: Thanks for the advice... I corrupted the file on the first try... But succeed on the second! Case close

Last edited by Eretas; December 21st, 2011 at 10:37 AM.
Eretas is offline   #116
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old December 21st, 2011, 10:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eretas View Post
EDIT: Looking for that string : <pick thing="spUnwiAll0" index="481" batchindex="434" refcount="0" default="yes"></pick> then delete it?
Looks like the correct set of information to delete.
Mathias is offline   #117
harmor

Old December 22nd, 2011, 08:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PFSRD
...Feats and effects that affect a paladin’s mercy also affect this ability.
Which feats exactly? Do the *mercy* feats affect this?

Last edited by harmor; December 22nd, 2011 at 09:04 PM.
harmor is offline   #118
Eretas

Old December 23rd, 2011, 09:19 AM
According to the book of the dammed, for the Diabolist . The Imp companion is base on the animal companion for the druid where the "class level" is the diabolist level plus the higher class level.
Quote:
Class Level

This is the diabolist's class level plus her highest caster level. This does not stack with class levels that grant an animal companion.
In my case, the Diabolist is diabolist 1 / Wizard 6. According to the table, the imp should be level 6. But I can't give more than 2 HD..

Quote:
ANIMAL COMPANION CR 2
Male Imp
LE Tiny Outsider
Init +2; Senses Darkvision (60 feet); Perception +6
--------------------
DEFENSE
--------------------
AC 15, touch 14, flat-footed 13. . (+2 Dex, +2 size, +1 natural)
hp 10 ()
Fort +0, Ref +5, Will +4
--------------------
OFFENSE
--------------------
Spd 20 ft., Flight (50 feet, Perfect)
Melee Sting (Imp) +3 (1d4-1/20/x2) and
. . Unarmed Strike +3 (1-1/20/x2)
Space 2.5 ft.; Reach 0 ft.
Special Attacks Poison: Sting-Injury (DC 11)
Spell-Like Abilities Detect Good (Constant), Detect Magic (Constant), Suggestion (1/day)
--------------------
STATISTICS
--------------------
Str 8, Dex 15, Con 10, Int 13, Wis 12, Cha 14
Base Atk +2; CMB +2; CMD 11
Feats
Skills Bluff +7, Fly +19, Intimidate +4, Perception +6, Sense Motive +6, Spellcraft +3, Stealth +15
Languages Celestial, Draconic, Infernal; Telepathy (50 feet)

--------------------
SPECIAL ABILITIES
--------------------
Darkvision (60 feet) You can see in the dark (black and white vision only).
Flight (50 feet, Perfect) You can fly!
Poison: Sting-Injury (DC 11) (Ex) , cure 1 save.
Telepathy (50 feet) (Su) Communicate telepathically if the target has a language.

Hero Lab® and the Hero Lab logo are Registered Trademarks of LWD Technology, Inc. Free download at http://www.wolflair.com
Pathfinder® and associated marks and logos are trademarks of Paizo Publishing, LLC®, and are used under license.
Eretas is offline   #119
Silveras

Old December 23rd, 2011, 01:25 PM
The Fatigued condition is applying the Dexterity and Strength penalties as reductions in the actual score (3.5 meaning) instead of applying a -1 penalty to checks for each -2 in the ability penalty (Pathfinder meaning).
Silveras is offline   #120
Closed Thread