Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Thorn

Old August 18th, 2011, 07:55 PM
I have been trying to add a custom (companion) mount for a paladin.
I'm using the animal companion tab and have it set for paladin, yet when I try to add it to the paladin sheet its not on the list of creatures in the drop down. Every other creature seems to be there except the one I've created!

I may be missing something obvious... but, I've tried it in numerous forms.
Any clues?
Thorn is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
chiefweasel

Old August 19th, 2011, 04:23 AM
you might need to booth strap it. on the editor to the far right is a button called boot strap. just add it in there and it should appear.

Web site - Cheese Weasel Logistics - www.cheeseweasel.net
Twitter - @CheeseWeaselGMZ
For user created content check out www.d20pfsrd.com and www.cheeseweasel.net
For video demos of Hero Lab go to http://www.youtube.com/user/TheChiefweasel?blend=9&ob=5
chiefweasel is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Thorn

Old August 19th, 2011, 06:54 AM
I tried BS'n it with various things (paladin's mount, paladin class helper, animal companion) and even tried the BS under the minion tab; none of that seems to make a difference it still just won't show up when you go in to pick the paladin's mount. So is there something else I should try bootstraping? Or is it the actual paladin class I'd have to strap it too (which seems odd and would require duplicating the class?)

If I use the copy button and just leave the copied thing unchanged except for idea and name (of an existing animal) it won't show up either if that means anything.
Thorn is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old August 19th, 2011, 07:10 AM
LOL when I first read your BS stuff I thought you meant something other than Bootstrap...

While correct many times you don' have to bootstrap in this case. Click on your new Animal Companion and the big thing to check is the "Minion Allowed For?". Press the blue button and make sure that Paladins is check marked.

For now make sure the "Sources" at the bottom has nothing checked marked.

After that in the top LEFT Corner is a Blue button marked "Test Now!". Test Now goes ahead and compiles your new Thing without having to restart HL. Press "Test Now!" and make sure you get a message that says "You may now use "xxx" within Hero Lab." If you get any error messages please post here so we can help you or correct them.

Do that and let us know how it went.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Thorn

Old August 19th, 2011, 06:38 PM
thx for advice;

I double checked and paladins is checked.

It comes back as 'you may now use..'
But, for some reason just doesn't show up on the list.

A race I put in under the normal 'Race' tab as opposed to the Companion tab shows up... I've tried putting other new ones in under companion tab (even using New (copy) button and just changing the id) and none of them show up for some reason.

I have two or three hundred different things in the editor for our campaign and everything except that shows up and I just cant figure out why... cause it looks like it should be fine.
Thorn is offline   #5 Reply With Quote