Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old April 18th, 2011, 01:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by graywulfe View Post
I'm still not getting Common as a Language choice. Note I have made sure that the "No Common Language" box is unchecked.
What's the race of this character? Any other settings that might be affecting this?
Mathias is offline   #101 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old April 18th, 2011, 01:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coopernicus View Post
Multiple issues with Red Mantis Assassin & Sawtooth sabre.

- Red Mantis Assassin not receiving free feats weapon specialization, greater weapon focus or greater weapon specialization sawtooth sabre. (I can quick fix by just adding permanent feats but it's still an issue I guess)

- Sawtooth sabre not registering as a light weapon.

Thanks for all the incredible time and hard work you put in!
There may not be placeholders for those class specials appearing in the feats list, but as far as I can tell, the class specials are properly applying the effects of those feats.

When I add the Exotic Weapon Proficiency feat, and choose Sawtooth sabre, the sawtooth sabres are switching to light weapons (as both regular weapons and custom/magic weapons). What are you seeing?

(As a reminder, EWP: Sawtooth sabre was a bonus feat for the SRD version of the RMA, but in the ISWG version, it's instead a pre-req for the class, so if you originally created this character before the ISWG was added, make sure you've fixed the feats that would have been required to choose this class).
Mathias is offline   #102 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old April 18th, 2011, 01:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laerlorn View Post
I am building Genie, Shaitan character. It gains Greater Bull Rush feat, instead of Improved Natural Attack. See Bestiary (1) page 143.
When I add the Genie, Shaitan race to a blank character, the feats it has are: Combat Casting, Greater Bull Rush, Imporved Bull Rush, Improved Initiative, Martial Weapon Proficiency - All, Power Attack, Quicken Spell-Like Ability: Glitterdust, and Simple Weapon Proficiency - All.

What are you seeing? What problem are you encountering?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laerlorn View Post
How can I make Ghast? Adding advanced template to ordinary Ghoul isnt adding the special Stench ability. Is there any easy way of making official variants for Bestiary beasts?
Variants can currently be made using the editor - start with the original race and make the changes required for the variant. You can also bootstrap the Advanced Creature template to the race, instead of having to make all the template's changes individually.
Mathias is offline   #103 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old April 18th, 2011, 01:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mastratton View Post
Problem with Holy Vindicator. Level 20 Paladin/Level 10 Holy Vindicator. All pre-requisites have been met.

When I click the "Holy Vindicator" tab, there is a box which reads, "Add more magic levels (7 left)!" So, I click that box, then a combo box pops up that says "+1 level" and then I click the combo box to select my Paladin class (the divine spell casting class which gets the casting bonus.) When I select paladin, I get a dialogue box which says, "Level too high to support psionics" and then it sets my character so that it has NO spellcasting ability. If I delete the +1 level I just added, I get the spellcasting ability back, but it shows me still needing to add 7 magic levels. If I try to add more than 1 magic level, the other 6 combo boxes only say "No Selection" - I can't even select paladin. So, while my character should have a caster level of 24, it only shows as 18 (because it's 17 from the 20 levels of paladin, and only adds 1 magic level from being a holy vindicator, instead of adding 7.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mastratton View Post
Just an additional comment to my note about the problem with the holy vindicator. I just had the same problem with adding magic levels to another character (bard/dragon disciple). I get the same errors that I did with the holy vindicator, so maybe the problem isn't in the class itself, but in the "add magic levels" routine.
Hero Lab does not currently support any elements of a class going beyond level 20, and using prestige classes to bring the magic level of a class above 20th level is not a way to get around this limitation. I am sorry that the errors that are reported when this happens are not very clear.
Mathias is offline   #104 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old April 18th, 2011, 01:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalambiase View Post
There is an error in the description of the Shadow Projection spell. The current description states that it "sheathes you in protective water." When in fact the spell should allow you to basically become a shadow. The the rest of the info about the spell is correct. Just an FYI.
Fixed in the next update, thanks for the report.
Mathias is offline   #105 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old April 18th, 2011, 01:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sentro View Post
hi :-)
when i create a human azlanti pureblood there is a minor thingy. maybe i'm doing something wrong, but i guess it should not add another 2 points to a selected ability.

the pureblood azlanti gets +2 on all abilities. (works fine)
but then the rules need to see another selecton of +2 on a selected ability.
(because of the human base; one ability +2)

(i can easily compensate by adding a -2 permanent on the selected ability)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dartnet View Post
That is how it works if I read the book right. The Azlanti are made of win.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sentro View Post
well, not entrely conviced i asked at piazo.
the answer is no.

http://paizo.com/paizo/messageboards...blood&page=1#2

so they are extremely well, but not that exceptional.
Thanks for pointing me to this ruling. Fixed in the next update.
Mathias is offline   #106 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old April 18th, 2011, 01:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theocrat View Post
I just found the god Thamir Gixx as listed in the Gods & Magic sourcebook is listed with XXXX under the listing title of Halfling Deity and then again in its description area.
Mathias is offline   #107 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old April 18th, 2011, 01:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMaskedFerret View Post
Could you please add the ability to add Custom/Metamagic spells to the Sorcerer spell list back in? It seems to have been removed in the last update.
Sorcerers and other spontaneous casters should never have had Custom/Metamagic spells - they don't need to prepare their spells with metamagic, they just choose at the time of casting to apply a metamagic feat. When you do so, check of a use of any of the spells that are at the correct level, instead of the spell you actually cast.
Mathias is offline   #108 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old April 18th, 2011, 01:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremiziah View Post
Hi all - I realize that the description of a buckler indicates that it's metal, but in two consecutive APs (Kingmaker and Carrion Crown) a darkwood buckler has been given out.

I may be wrong, and one of these might have been GM-randomized treasure, but I know that one of them was legitimately in the AP. So, do you think you could change bucklers to be darkwood compatible? I keep getting an exception thrown for No Metal items for my druid, and he's got a wooden buckler.
Here's the existing thread on this subject: http://forums.wolflair.com/showthrea...t=wood+buckler
Mathias is offline   #109 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old April 18th, 2011, 01:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mowgli View Post
Spirit Totem, Lesser (APG):

The mouse-over description is correct, citing 1d4 base damage. The output for the power lists damage as 1d6 base. Difficult to describe, so I'm attaching a screenshot with the mouse-over activated.
Mathias is offline   #110 Reply With Quote