Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Necros99

Old April 29th, 2014, 10:37 AM
I am building a feat that requires race: Aasimar and able to prepare or cast Concecrate.

I figured out the first part: #hasrace[rAasimar] <> 0

I can't figure out how to verify the Hero has ability to cast Concecrate.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Necros99 is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
AndrewD2

Old April 29th, 2014, 10:47 AM
Not sure if this will work, I had taken a procedure that Shadow had made and modified it for my stuff that I did with Rite, so it got added to my core code for Rite ... so in other words it may work, and if it does thank Shadow for his wonderful procedure.

Under Prereqs, not Expr-Req
Code:
var SpellID as String
var HaveSpell as number
SpellID = "spConsecr2"
Call SpellChk
@valid = HaveSpell
I should also note that I have not tested this outside of The Secrets of Adventuring so it may not work.

And also yay I hit 900 posts.

Last edited by AndrewD2; April 29th, 2014 at 10:57 AM.
AndrewD2 is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
RavenX
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old April 29th, 2014, 10:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Necros99 View Post
I am building a feat that requires race: Aasimar and able to prepare or cast Concecrate.

I figured out the first part: #hasrace[rAasimar] <> 0

I can't figure out how to verify the Hero has ability to cast Concecrate.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Officially there is no mechanism in place to check to see if a character can cast a specific spell that I am aware of. At least that is what I've been told over the course of building many data files. This is just something a DM has to check. The racial restriction looks fine.

RavenX Pronouns: She/Her

Please do not PM me to inquire about datafiles I coded "for personal use" such as Exalted, World of Darkness, AD&D, or Warhammer 40K Roleplaying. I appreciate your interest, but I do not own the Intellectual Property rights to these game systems. Nor do I have permission from any of the Publishers to distribute the data files. As such, I cannot distribute the work I have done with community on these files. They are "for personal use" only. Thank you.

I am far too busy these days to answer emails. If you message me here there is no guarantee I will get back to you at all.
RavenX is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Quintain

Old June 11th, 2017, 05:36 AM
Apologies for the thread necro -- has there been any implementation of a mechanism that will be able to check to see if a specific spell is known?
Quintain is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old June 11th, 2017, 08:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quintain View Post
Apologies for the thread necro -- has there been any implementation of a mechanism that will be able to check to see if a specific spell is known?
Why can't you use the HaveSpell procedure that is the in the Pack?

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old June 11th, 2017, 04:21 PM
Does that procedure work for different levels of the same spell? For example, if the pre-req is the ability to cast "Cure Moderate Wounds", would it be validated for both clerics (who get it as a 2nd level spell) and druids (who get it as a 3rd level spell)? And is it automatically extensible if new "Cure Moderate Wounds" spells get added (like a 4th level version used by some obscure domain)?
Aaron is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Quintain

Old June 11th, 2017, 07:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
Why can't you use the HaveSpell procedure that is the in the Pack?
I tried to add one of the RGG Bullet point for Feats of Summon Spells, and they had a function call to HaveSpell in the Pre-req script.

When I added it to my arcanist character (that has every summon monster spell 1 through 5 as a spell known) it did not pass the pre-req.

Hence my question. Given this thread, I was under the suspicion that this function simply did not work.
Quintain is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Quintain

Old June 14th, 2017, 10:39 PM
Ok, I think I see why the RGG bullet point scripts aren't working with the HaveSpell -- the class I have the feat applied to is the Arcanist -- and if I'm not mistaken, the HaveSpell check for the classes that are valid for the spells passed -- and Arcanist is not on that list.
Quintain is offline   #8 Reply With Quote